Wallpaper Rotation?

CyberAxe

I've not got myself a GP2x nor orderd one yet but i plan to as soon as i have the money!

though i have been setting up a compilation of games and such for playing on it when i eventualy do get one (and by then there'll probably be all the appropriate emu's and such)

i went a bit insane last night and made about 40 wallpapers for it and so was wondering if it has a feature to randomize or cycle through multiple wallpapers

well, its not supported, buy you can make it anyway,
you could rename the gpmenu.gpe or however its called and replace it with a shellscript that places a random image in the backgorund folder and than launches the menu.

This file contains the skins for the menu's as they are:

http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,8,861

I believe you set these files up with your own graphics and then run the scripts from the SD card, which then overwrites the old skins with your home created stuff. So, it looks like you can set up a different background for each menu, but from looking at it the icons will need some work too. For example in the main menu the icons have a few orange pixels around the edges of them which will still show up unless you change the icons. I hope that made sense......

I haven't tried any of this btw, just observation.

well, its not supported, buy you can make it anyway,
you could rename the gpmenu.gpe or however its called and replace it with a shellscript that places a random image in the backgorund folder and than launches the menu.

So it's possible to code a completly new menu if you want to? That would be so cool, what I have the time B) Would be nice to see what kind of menus people can do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back