What app / game do you want to see? :)

Here ya go..

The screen is off centre for some reason and no doubt a setting somewhere will correct that.

The d-pad left right rotates and Up is the thrust but its pretty fast and abit hard for a newbie to this title. Hope thats what you meant anyway :)

Re: Vic20 Omega Race on VICE - Thanks very much for posting the video, MarioPandio!

One thing - The pitch seems different from what I remember. Is that a PAL/NTSC timing thing and is it adjustable?

Can't wait to play it on my own hardware!

MacGuyver

wow, that video from EvilDragon with "edge of disgrace" turned me on ;)

Now if someone very kind can run "second reality" from the future crew in dosbox, that would made my day !

kisses

Mac

Sorry for the triple posting. Thought I would show another well running PSX title to go!

pt 4

https://www.youtube.com/embed/H5vz8JOkpZA?feature=oembed

That looks like it's running just a smidgen short of fullspeed (which we'll probably get to with a few more emulator optimizations). What clock speed are you running on this? Are you running the game at such an odd resolution to improve performance, or is that native to the game? Is it possible to strech the resolution to be full-size on the Pandora screen? Can you show us how you go about calibr-mphmphmuphphph- *gags self*

Hello everybody, first post on the official board.

There goes my suggestion: I would like to see how to mount a shared folder (from a samba server, NAS, windows, well it's all the same), and load some media files from it, or even a large rom/iso like the ones for psx.

Ok, many people had tried this (myself included) and know that the wifi speed is useless for that matter, but maybe ED could use those wifi dongles he showed time ago or even an ethernet one (if the firmware had drivers for it).

My point is that one of the features I wanted on the pandora was the option to access to all my TV series, movies, documents wich I store into a server running samba, furthermore it would be very useful when you want to test a large number of roms (trying a mame romset for instance) without spending all day writting and erasing SD cards.

In the video ED could show a bit of the opkg system wich open infinite possibilities for the pandora (although it's not recommended).

P.S.

By the way EvilDragon thanks for the videos, all them are great.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Welcome to the official realm. I'd like to see setting up shares aswell, as would be good if the speed is sufficient. You may want to opt for an Ext HDD for messing with large filesets if the shares dont work out though.

Re: Vic20 Omega Race on VICE - Thanks very much for posting the video, MarioPandio!

One thing - The pitch seems different from what I remember. Is that a PAL/NTSC timing thing and is it adjustable?

Can't wait to play it on my own hardware!

MacGuyver

Your welcome. Thanks for watching.

Pitch? I'm not familiar with the original (before my time) and the emulator has alot of options. However it was PAL and switching to NTSC under the video options, corrects the screen centering! Nice little game, so I had best hunt a proper copy out to be legit.

That looks like it's running just a smidgen short of fullspeed (which we'll probably get to with a few more emulator optimizations). What clock speed are you running on this? Are you running the game at such an odd resolution to improve performance, or is that native to the game? Is it possible to strech the resolution to be full-size on the Pandora screen? Can you show us how you go about calibr-mphmphmuphphph- *gags self*

Yeah its the smoothest of the RR titles imhho, and is running at close to 60fps @1ghz, which I realise not all Panda's will reach (or owners will want to invalidate their warranty over, though I hope I'm covered for nubs and such still? :unsure: ).

At 800mhz it runs at about 40-50fps and is still playable, whilst RR, RR hi-spec demo inc with RR4, RR rev, all seem to run slower and Rage Racer works okay but has texture issues on certain areas of tracks each lap.

Odd resolution? Well PSX4Pandora has 2 settings, normal (4:3) and Fullscreen, which uses the full Pandora screen. This is running as fullscreen with no wasted real estate, though I didnt pan out to show this.

My HDD camcorder records at a weird 512x348 in .MOD wrapped MPEG though, which I unwrap and then run through PocketDivx to massively shrink the file, whilst the quality remains the same.

Odd thing is these videos look mint (like your playing it) on my widescreen tv and yet once youtube have processed them they look like crap! So my apologies there.

I cant match ED's quality AV gear here and anything above 100mb seems to fail uploading and waste my time and youtube only resumes uploads on files above 2GB and that would take forever anyway. How the hell people (ED inc) do small 720p uploads I have no idea. :huh:

I should be gagged already too but what 'calibr'... did you mean?

It would be really good to see the arcade version of Killer Instinct playing on the Pandora.

Failing that, Killer Instinct Gold for the N64.

Cheers.

Carmageddon I wish, Dosbox isn't optimised enough to run it on the Pandora at a playable speed. I'm not sure it will ever be.

Well if the Shadow Warrior Source ever gets released, then it's possible to have something similar to EDuke32 running on the Pandora... But I'd rather see the Blood source code released than Shadow Warrior.. but don't see either happening any time soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
But I'd rather see the Blood source code released than Shadow Warrior.. but don't see either happening any time soon.
by "any time soon" do you mean "ever"? Because the Blood source code was reportedly lost: it can never be released :(

Heres MAME4ALL instead...

Ladybug

Galaxian (correct version?)

Dont own Battlezone in this set, or if I do its refusing to run. Whats the correct file names and parent rom dependencies?

Anyway, I thought that Omega Race game has a nice history too http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_Race and if I'm a natural then Twin Galaxies here I come! :lol: :rolleyes:
Thanks for doing these.

Not sure about the roms for that version (bzone rings a bell), currently post from a machine without mame installed.

What about PC games that the Pandora can handle? Ones that you hook up an external CD/DVD drive to play.

This has been asked dozens of times here. The Pandora has a very different processor compared to x86 desktop/laptop machines. It would be like trying to make someone who only knows German read Russian. It can't happen. Now, MAYBE someone will write up something that can translate x86 instructions into something ARM chipsets can recognize, but something like that probably wouldn't be able to run anything.more intensive than, say, notepad.exe.

To program something like that would probably be a total waste of time, especially on a device that has low specs like the Pandora (when compared to desktops or laptops).

you gotta admit though, Carmageddon TDR2000 on OpenPandora would be some good stuff

How a bout showing off a comics viewer with touch screen panning.

I imagine that using your finger would be a very natural way to pan in a comics viewer (I have yet to find a comics viewer that is as natural as the real thing).

Or is there even a specialized comics viewer for pandora?

Carmageddon I wish, Dosbox isn't optimised enough to run it on the Pandora at a playable speed. I'm not sure it will ever be.

Well if the Shadow Warrior Source ever gets released, then it's possible to have something similar to EDuke32 running on the Pandora... But I'd rather see the Blood source code released than Shadow Warrior.. but don't see either happening any time soon.
What about Carmageddon 64? Not as good as the original but still.

Back