What Have You Heard From The General Public?

Three observations:
* This device is obviously far too advanced for mere mortals.
* Even the people who have one find it hard to describe exactly what it is.
* it might be easier to just tell them what it doesn't do.( makes for a shorter list and may alleviate shortness of breath)

That's pretty cool :p.
I don't have mine yet, but ZI'v told a few of my friends about it and here's a summary of there reactions.

1. That's nerdy.
2. Sounds like a DS ripoff.
3. Thats a ripoff, it's not even from apple.
4. What?
5. I can play games on my ipod...
6. $300 holy crap!
7. Why would you want to play old games, all I play is COD6 (What number are they at now???)
8. Pfffft, Doodle Jump is so awesom I don't need other games.
9. Linux is too confusing.

A little diffrent huh...

On the very first day that mine arrived a friend (that is not tech-savvy) came over and asked if it was DS. After a second or two she realized it wasn't one and inquired about it. She didn't quite understand the point at first considering the expensive price tag (asking why not just use a laptop/netbook), but she seemed to understand a little once I explained it as a sort of mini-netbook w/ gaming controls. A couple of my roommates that have known about my Pandora interest since the beginning were pleasantly surprised by the small form-factor and the high-resolution screen.

I haven't really had the opportunity to take it out into the public or in front of more discerning eyes yet...(I'm hoping for more mature software at the very least when I do)

Back