What Software Do People Want?

FBreader looks to be the non-Palm equivalent of PalmFiction, so that.
GNUCash.
A decent unit convertor.

PlopperZ said:
Crasherball said:
ya its old, it might work over 386emulation

its diablo 2 by the way
needs like 250mhz and bout idk 32ram lol
nope 386 is only 16-40 mHz
go with the PSX version

as far as i know there is no ps-version of diablo 2
only diablo1 (but that kinda sux ass in comparison to d2)

Last edited by a moderator:
For the people wanting .Net/Mono-based solutions, I don't think the Pandora has enough memory for these bloated solutions. I'll admit they are powerful but for a handheld device they are totally unsuitable. :(

Some sort of

+ Organiser (Calendar, ToDo list, addresses, birthdays, alarm clock, ...)

Samurai_Crow: I don't think so. If PocketPC with 64 MB RAM can run .NET applications, than Pandora can do it too. Not full .NET, but just CF (Compact Framework), which means fewer window controls. I don't know nothing about Mono yet, but I hope that it can run on Pandora well.

peca said:
Samurai_Crow: I don't think so. If PocketPC with 64 MB RAM can run .NET applications, than Pandora can do it too. Not full .NET, but just CF (Compact Framework), which means fewer window controls. I don't know nothing about Mono yet, but I hope that it can run on Pandora well.
That is not a safe assumption. As with most things Microsoft, .Net CF doesn't seem to play well with Linux. I found this article that explains what will and won't work. Or at least what did and didn't work in 2004 - maybe things have changed recently, but I can't find much one way or the other.

- Apache with PHP and GD library
- GIMP
- MSN Client (maybe pidgin?)
- bit torrent client
- Pandora gcc
- Firefox 3.1
- Quake 3
- SEGA Megadrive, SNES, GBA, N64 and PSX emu.
- VLC (or some other good viedoplayer)
- VNC client
- some music player
- XBMC
- some IDE for HTML, Javascript, CSS, PHP, C, C++, Java etc. with autocomplete, auto indent, etc.

- maybe something like stickynotes (handwritten notes)
- maybe a flash player
- maybe a TOR client
- maybe something like tunatic, (music identifier)

i guess that's it :p

VNC and Firefox (with Flash) are the most important for me.
Then I'd like to see some great games using the dual analog sticks.

I would love some drawing soft with features like DS Colors. I would like to use Pandora as a small pen tablet and seeing after a video about how it is made the image.

GPS
Flash 8 (or 7)
Firefox
Quake 3 (should come packaged with the Pandora in some way)
An MS Word like program (I forget the free Linux counterpart)
VLC

Vince2501 said:
Quake 3 (should come packaged with the Pandora in some way)

why?

I already own this game - I dunt want pandora to cost 50 bucks more because it ships with quake 3

(I know that q3 doesnt cost 50 bucks anymore :p - idk how much it costs - like 5 bucks?)

You do realize it's free now, right? Just a thought if there's enough internal memory not being used.

Something I really want to see would be a CPS 3 emulator. I would take SF3: Third Strike well over N64 and it's 10 or so great games.

Vince2501 said:
You do realize it's free now, right? Just a thought if there's enough internal memory not being used.
The engine is open source. You can freely download, modify, and recompile it.
The data (textures, models, maps, and sounds) are not open source, and not free. You still need a legally purchased copy of the game in order to use the engine for playing Q3, even if you compiled it yourself. There are a number of 3rd party games that don't use any of the copyright stuff. You can freely use those, but they're not Quake 3.

WizardStan is exactly correct. I'm sure plenty of people are going to be downloading Quake 3 anyway, including myself (don't look at me like that. I bought it when it came out.) Most likely, id is not going to care all that much about a few people downloading an old, partly open-source game. Having it come on the Pandora could be another story. It'd be like selling the Pandora with roms on it. Not really a very good idea.

edit: actually, come to think of it I might have pirated it when it came out... :unsure:

Back