Where's The Cases?

The cases that the we were told the Chinese company said would be tweaked and shipped to arrive this weekend will be shipped in three days? Somebody lied.

Yeah, let's blame it on someone. It's the only way the pandora gets shipped faster.

I suppose that it's the same revision Craig talked about. I've asked on the German board for clarification, but ED seems to be sleeping already. To be honest, Craig didn't say that they have been shipped, he just said that they could arrive this weekend if we are lucky, or something like that. It's the old semantics story ;) Whatever it was, the newest info is 23rd.

WizardStan said:
The cases that the we were told the Chinese company said would be tweaked and shipped to arrive this weekend will be shipped in three days? Somebody lied.
err...
Who are "the we", and what will be shipped in 3 days?
Drunk too much? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
mali said:
I suppose that it's the same revision Craig talked about. I've asked on the German board for clarification, but ED seems to be sleeping already. To be honest, Craig didn't say that they have been shipped, he just said that they could arrive this weekend if we are lucky, or something like that. It's the old semantics story ;) Whatever it was, the newest info is 23rd.
Yupp, Craigix sayed so. But I hoped he only tells that the Parts could arrive some time, when he at least sureley knows that these parts are already shipped. They are not shipped so I think he announced a guessing-date for arriving without knowing if the stuff was shipped. ^_^
So it would be better to first ask for the shipping and then for the arriving. ;) (like now)

dflemstr said:
WizardStan said:
err...
Who are "the we", and what will be shipped in 3 days?
Drunk too much? :p
Nah, I started writing "they were told by..." and then added the extra level of indirection but failed to delete the "the".
Just trying to remind people that it was mentioned that we were told something was expected this week last week. As I've said before, I expect OpenPandora to miss deadlines: they've never done this before. This mould company should know better

Balzac2m said:
Yeah, let's blame it on someone. It's the only way the pandora gets shipped faster.
No it won't, but failing to identify a source of a problem is a surefire way to keep having that problem. And saying things like "Craig and company are delaying things because they want to make it perfect" is missing the problem.

Well I really hope this is the last test case, and mass production can start ASAP. The only good news is the Chinese New Year doesn't start until february 14th next year. So hopefully they can turn out the full 10,000(I believe Craig said this was the total to be produced overall)before then, and we can be done with this nightmare once and for all! But based on the last year, I'm sure something will go wrong during mass production, and then the Chinese new year will indeed be a factor. I guess all we can do is wait, and hope the Chinese can finally get it right!

Jumpman

So I let this drop off but to the original intent of the post...

The soft? case that you put the completed pandora into when you're not using it, I'd still like to hear a status update even if it's something stupid like "We have this under control". Obviously pictures would be preferred but it seems like it's been forgotten about and ignored when brought up. I paid for one and just need to know if its gonna ever happen.

iirc i ordered one as well, so id like to know what im buying(what it looks like), so i can cancel if its something i dont like :)

im pondering if i should cancel the case and get an extra battery instead, hmm, but then, the case would be good to have the pandora and battery in... gaa! :p

GizmoTheGreen said:
im pondering if i should cancel the case and get an extra battery instead, hmm, but then, the case would be good to have the pandora and battery in... gaa! :p

Do like me and get both? The batteries do come in cases of their own :)

Back