Why are you getting a GP2X WIZ?

patch950

Still Fresh
Im just wondering what made you decide to buy the WIZ
i just want to buy it until i have enough money for the pandora :D

I'm buying it because it will allow me to emulate the Neo Geo, the Genesis, and arcade games like Ms. Pac-Man right away. Hopefully in the future it will be able to emulate other consoles like the Atari 2600, but what it can emulate right now is "enough" to justify its purchase. Also, I like the form factor and the size of the Wiz. I always thought the GP32 and the GP2X were too big and "cheap looking." The Wiz looks great and it is just about the right size.

Well I like the looks as said above.
Already got the Wiz.
Genesis emu works great so I can play my Sonic games.
Now the only thing missing is a SNES emu.

It is nice and small so I can take it everywhere with me.

---
update

SNES is already released, today on gp2xspain.
Also NEOGeo is working.
Going to test them right now.

i'm planning to get one in the near future, the form factor is nice, don't have a gp2x f200, OLED screen, very nice for playing on the bus or something.

Size, screen, touchscreen, controls. I've only got a f100 and I found it to be too big and the controls to not be very good. I'm hoping the wiz will be better regarding the controls and also the touchscreen will be nice to have as I'm pretty sure we'll get a decent amiga emu at some point, that was the one thing I didn't try on the gp2x.

Also the oled is a big plus for me, I haven't owned one before and I want to see if it's a big improvement or just incremental betterness over LCD's.

rx_shorty said:
Well I like the looks as said above.
Already got the Wiz.
Genesis emu works great so I can play my Sonic games.
Now the only thing missing is a SNES emu.

It is nice and small so I can take it everywhere with me.

---
update

SNES is already released, today on gp2xspain.
Also NEOGeo is working.
Going to test them right now.

How is the speed on SNES and NeoGeo?

The Genesis Emulation is very good.
I would say just as good as the GP2x F- version.
But only the screen is not yet scalable, but that would scretch the screen.

Did anyone else notice on gbax.com that it now is mentioned that wiz come out on the 20th? Plus how often will GPH release firmware updates, the latest is 0.71, right?

Regards

André

rx_shorty said:
Snes works good, but needs some more work as it runs on the specs of a normal GP2x F-100 (same cpu speed etc)

NeoGeoCD I still need to test :)

Eh? The processes for setting the clock speed on Wiz and GP2X are totally different. It wouldn't make much sense to implement clock speed changing for Wiz but then default it at 200MHz. Are you sure it's not just displaying that? Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying?

Exophase said:
rx_shorty said:
Snes works good, but needs some more work as it runs on the specs of a normal GP2x F-100 (same cpu speed etc)

NeoGeoCD I still need to test :)

Eh? The processes for setting the clock speed on Wiz and GP2X are totally different. It wouldn't make much sense to implement clock speed changing for Wiz but then default it at 200MHz. Are you sure it's not just displaying that? Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying?

I think its just displaying that, i manually overclocked the cpu to 700 and got 25 fps rather than 20 in the snes9x version. The pocket version doesnt display correctly for me.

Back