Will <Insert Name Here> Work On The Pandora?

DaMummy said:
yes something like that, but even the official one is available for linux, cant that be ported somehow to work? even after all that, could OP run is hardware wise? and yea its probably illegal, but it wouldnt be the first thing on OP thats illegal counting all the emulation its perfected for...
I suppose the legality of it all really depends on how it's made to run on Pandora. Seeing as the OpenMoHAA project doesn't use any original code it's probably legal to do providing you own the original game. If the original's source code is available, then yes, it's ok, and probable that it'll work on Pandora if someone ports it. But if there's no source, then it's probably a no-go. I wouldn't mind seeing this game on Pandora though. I really enjoyed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've started a Wiki page for this here: http://pandorawiki.org/Will_X_run_on_the_Pandora%3F
Something we can all edit has perhaps a better chance of growing into something comprehensive and comprehensible. :)
I've only added the stuff I put in my earlier post in this thread, but there are clearly lots of other things that can be added!

I can't find any information on X: Beyond the Frontier being open source, or anything about the X Engine. I can assume there's no chance of this funning on the Pandora then?

Aninhumer said:
I've started a Wiki page for this here: http://pandorawiki.org/Will_X_run_on_the_Pandora%3F
Something we can all edit has perhaps a better chance of growing into something comprehensive and comprehensible. :)
I've only added the stuff I put in my earlier post in this thread, but there are clearly lots of other things that can be added!

I love the idea, but I'm not sure I can find it from the main wiki page. I even tried a search without much success.

What would be the logical navigation to reach it? Perhaps it could even be included in the main page next to "Emulators • Games • Utilities"...

Would a USB TV Tuner work with the Pandora? I have the AverTV Hybrid Volar MAX. Here's a link to it:
http://www.avermedia-usa.com/AVerTV/product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=431

If not, I could probably use something like TVersity to use my desktop as a media streaming server and then use the Pandora's browser to tune in...but wouldn't it be nice to have digital TV anywhere with an antenna? =]

Argtrak said:
I love the idea, but I'm not sure I can find it from the main wiki page. I even tried a search without much success.

What would be the logical navigation to reach it? Perhaps it could even be included in the main page next to "Emulators • Games • Utilities"...
Well, I haven't added any links to it except this one on the forums yet.
I thought it was better to let it get filled out before presenting it as a tome of all knowledge. :p

tdude51 said:
Would a USB TV Tuner work with the Pandora? I have the AverTV Hybrid Volar MAX. Here's a link to it:
http://www.avermedia-usa.com/AVerTV/product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=431
It will need to be compatible with Linux and have appropriate drivers that are not dependent on the x86 processor architecture (note that some USB TV tuners are supported in the Linux kernel and do not need extra drivers to be loaded). You might want to have a look for it here. ;)

Prometheus said:
It will need to be compatible with Linux and have appropriate drivers that are not dependent on the x86 processor architecture (note that some USB TV tuners are supported in the Linux kernel and do not need extra drivers to be loaded). You might want to have a look for it here. ;)
The device they linked was an ATSC tuner, so I'm assuming they'd be better looking here: http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATSC_USB_Devices ;)

I was just wondering if the Pandora could run Windows 3.1 on the Pandora and if so would it be able to run Logical Journey of the Zoombinis. It's a game I used to play when I was younger where you help the zoombinis get to a safe area but to get them there you have to take them through some different spots where you solve puzzles to move them forward.

Here are the requirements to run it.
* Windows 3.1
* 486/66Mhz or better CPU
* 8MB RAM
* 80MB hard drive
* Super VGA (640x480x256 color)
* 2X CD-ROM or better
* Windows compliant sound device
* Microsoft mouse or compatible

You should be able to get Windows 3.1 working, but the specs for that game look a little too demanding.

OMG Thank you! I played that game on my teachers computer in school when I was much younger and I remember playing it and what it looked like but I could never remember the name! Thats the game! I sure do hope this can run that would be awesome! I would have to get a Pandora then.

Derek said:
OMG Thank you! I played that game on my teachers computer in school when I was much younger and I remember playing it and what it looked like but I could never remember the name! Thats the game! I sure do hope this can run that would be awesome! I would have to get a Pandora then.
It was the same for me but one of my friends told me what the name of it was a year or two ago and I went home and got it working on my pc that night. all you need is the ISO of the game and dosbox.

I'm hoping to get Win3.1 running with the intent to play Myst and KQ6.

Zero3K said:
Will Opera work on the Pandora?
Uh, we seem to have missed this post?
Anyway, Opera is closed-source, so we won't be able to compile it, but it should be easy to steal a binary from the BeagleBoard or N800 guys, since Opera seems to like porting their browser to more obscure architectures.

So: I don't know, but there's a decent chance that eventually it will.

WizardStan said:
I'm hoping to get Win3.1 running with the intent to play Myst and KQ6.

Myst should run fine in Dosbox if Win3.1 does, since it only requires a 33 MHz 386 CPU and 8MB of memory for the PC version.

The Mac version might be even better, assuming someone ports Basilisk II (there are already ARM ports, so it should be simple). It only requires a 20 MHz 68020 CPU and 4MB of memory, as well as Mac OS 7, which is freely available from Apple.

In fact, there are a lot of great old Mac games, like Spectre, Spin Doctor, Super Maze Wars, and uncountable others that I look forward to playing as well.

Wasn't there also a CD32 version of Myst? Should run fine under the Amiga emulator as long as it gets CD support.

Mx Simulator would for me be awesome if it could work on the Pandora, it's not open source (or free) but there is linux & Windows
versions already, online racing and the most realistic physics wise Mx game I've played. Not an expert on wether the Pandora could actually run it, maybe with optmisation, I'm hoping someone here can tell me if it's even possible. If enough people where interested maybe the guy(s?) who created it could be persuaded to get it running on Pandora? I haven't asked before, been waiting for the actual release but this thread prompted me...

check it out here:

http://mxsimulator.com/

J

Back