Will The Pandora Be Finished And Ship By May Of 2010

Will Pandora be Ready by 05/2010?

• Total voters

GFN2779. this is the last part of my order number might that be my place. I could write to the head office, but knowing the actual number I guess wont help much as the unit will get here when it does,.thanks.

Gerald1 said:
GFN2779. this is the last part of my order number might that be my place. I could write to the head office, but knowing the actual number I guess wont help much as the unit will get here when it does,.thanks.

Your order number has NOTHING do to with your place in line. Relax.

Last edited by a moderator:
MDave said:
I heard some guy ordered 10 Pandora's. Ebay scalping, probably.
I actually hope so. Nothing would give me more of a sense of vindication than seeing eBay sold ones going for twice what they could have been purchased during the lead up.
"Oh, they're ugly, are they? You didn't want one, did you? Why are you paying $600-700 now for something that I only paid $330 for? *smug grin*"

WizardStan said:
I actually hope so. Nothing would give me more of a sense of vindication than seeing eBay sold ones going for twice what they could have been purchased during the lead up.
"Oh, they're ugly, are they? You didn't want one, did you? Why are you paying $600-700 now for something that I only paid $330 for? *smug grin*"
To some people $350 for a year and a half of a perpetual "two month" wait would not be acceptable, but $600 for something you can have right now would be totally acceptable.

It's like paying the extra money for an Express pass at Disney.

VRAndy said:
WizardStan said:
To some people $350 for a year and a half of a perpetual "two month" wait would not be acceptable, but $600 for something you can have right now would be totally acceptable.

Disney is corrupt. But you are absolutely right.

Kloplop321 said:
VRAndy said:
WizardStan said:

Except that you couldn't pay to get one early; there was no choice but to pay and wait or don't pay and still wait (assuming your plans involve getting one in the first place). The analogy is broken with the first batch.
Second batch, however, is a different story. Options will be pay a lot for one off eBay now, or pay less to receive a second batch in June or so.

WizardStan said:
Kloplop321 said:
VRAndy said:
WizardStan said:

Except that you couldn't pay to get one early; there was no choice but to pay and wait or don't pay and still wait (assuming your plans involve getting one in the first place). The analogy is broken with the first batch.
Second batch, however, is a different story. Options will be pay a lot for one off eBay now, or pay less to receive a second batch in June or so.
The point is that the wait, the preordering, and uncertainty is part of the price. Everyone will put a different dollar value on it.

To some people $coming in at the end with 600 cash with a one week delivery is preferable to $350 a year an a half ago with a year and a half full of inaccurate status updates. You can laugh at those hypothetical ebay customers all you like, but they may well have gotten exactly what they wanted at a reasonable price, with no irritation at all.

Don't assume that all possible customers think like you and have been eagerly reading these forums every week.

Wait until a couple months before you go. If the device hasn't shipped, cancel and get something else if you need to.

Make no assumptions based on what the team say. Unless they state explicitly "Your Pandora will ship on date X", you shouldn't keep optimistic hopes. See sig.

This is probably the most sensible method, assuming OpenPandora won't become bankrupt by this point.

The poll makes a great whinge list. Most names are where you'd expect them to be.

If you want the know the shipping date I've already told you. You know which thread.

http://www.northpole.com/Mailroom/mailform.asp

Hi Santa,

A couple of months ago I pre-ordered a Pandora (see wishlist). Can you please tell the Open Pandora team to get the Chinese to finish the damn molds properly so I can get my Pandora before the end of the year? They already said that Christmas is out but maybe with some help from you or one of your scary elves they'll deliver :)

Thanks,

Relliker

This is the reply I got:

Dear Relliker,

Thank you for sending your letter to Santa.

This is a very busy time here at the North Pole and Santa has lots of letters to read but he does read and answer each and every one.

It usually takes Santa two days to answer a letter. Please come back then to Santa’s Secret Village at www.northpole.com. You will need your name and password to read your letter.

So, I'll update this thread in 2 days :D

EDIT: update! Santa's reply:

Dear Relliker,

I was so happy to receive your letter here at the North Pole! The reindeer are ready for the long flight on Christmas Eve, except for Prancer. He has been staying up too late watching Christmas specials on TV. I'm hoping he'll take a long nap before it's time to take off!

Once my sleigh is packed and ready to go, I'll be off on my journey around the world. I'm reading your letter right now, and it looks like you've been a very nice boy this year. That makes me so happy. Keep up the good work and you will get your “Chinese to finish the damn molds properly so I can get my Pandora” soon!

While you are asleep on Christmas Eve, nothing will happen but the reindeer will quietly land my sleigh so I can tiptoe into your home two days later and leave you your lovely gift, but only if you remain a good boy until then.

I see that you like Pandoras. I like Pandoras too. In fact, I have a Pandora that I will take with me all around the North Pole this Christmas. The elves have been very busy this year making many new Pandoras for Christmas but alas they will have to be delivered a bit later due to mweston’s insistence on perfection! Thank Mother Christmas that I am into delivery because I was able to build my Pandora from the 6 cases that were sent the last time. Ho! Ho! Ho! Now you know why only five were shown!

Well, I must get back to my workshop now and help the elves finish up the rest of the Christmas toys so we can concentrate on the Pandoras after that. We have to have them ready to go soon--we don't have a minute to lose!

Ho! Ho! Ho! Have a Merry Christmas!

Your Special Friend,

Santa

i do insanely hope the units will be ready by febuary, as i have to fly to thailand to spend a whole month of painful boredom , so i pray for mine to be shipped before mid febuary !!! :p

(or maybe i can ask mine to be shipped over there, but feels like a sucky plan :p )

I found out yesterday when emailing about my shipping address that my position in the queue is 450-550. Oh yeah. :D

Tensuke said:
To be honest, I do have a breaking point. I'll cancel my preorder if the Pandora never comes out! :p

You could just add an amendment to your will:

'Cancel my Pandora Preorder, I don't need it anymore'

relliker said:
I see that you like Pandoras. I like Pandoras too. In fact, I have a Pandora that I will take with me all around the North Pole this Christmas. The elves have been very busy this year making many new Pandoras for Christmas but alas they will have to be delivered a bit later due to mweston’s insistence on perfection! Thank Mother Christmas that I am into delivery because I was able to build my Pandora from the 6 cases that were sent the last time. Ho! Ho! Ho! Now you know why only five were shown!

Craig.... why does Santa have one?

Bigun said:
relliker said:

Confirmed: Craigix is Santa Clause

Bigun said:
relliker said:

Because he's the director of the Chinese factory, duh. Ever wondered why most of the gifts you get were "Made in China"?

Back