$1 Pandora.

Sight tangent, but maybe we could have a little row of icons for people who actively support OP in the area to the left:

View attachment 927 donated

View attachment 922 ordered a pandora

View attachment 924 owns a pandora

View attachment 925 develops the os

View attachment 926 develops games

View attachment 921 develops apps

? something for hardware devs

? for lots of helpful posts

? random/mixed/minor contributions

etc

etc

Maybe a pandora logo for the core team?

Some of these could probably be automated but some would need to be awarded by a mod.
Also like the idea... someone make this happen :)

Done. Bought a metal Pandora and a $24 membership.

Now, if you can have someone make small metal objects at relatively reasonable prices...

Please make a stainless steel (or titanium if you want to get real fancy...) Pandora stylus with replaceable plastic (nylon/ABS/PTFE?) tips that will fit and clip into the Pandora's socket.

Then charge extra for engravings on them if you like.

I really don't know, why I'm writing this, but what the heck is going on here ?

If anyone really want's to help the pandora I suggest donating here. It seems to be the far more reasonable choice for supporting the project. Yes I know, you won' get all the goodies then:

- the keyring pandora : what a waste of resources - something that you don't see most of the day, and you won't even notice after a month or two

- the badges: common how old are you guys ? - get some self-eestem and become more socially independent

- access to exclusive news: what exclusive news should that be? I can't remember of any exclusive news since the project was born.

- probably supporting more of craigs cool projects like

- paying someone to update his pnd-"store" (which didn't work out quite well)

- support the development of his new, long planned, feature rich, mysterious new pnd-"store" which will never materialize

I think their expendable

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been tactfully ignoring this thread; despite my love for getting embroiled in controversy. But I'd like to chime in and suggest that there wont be quite so drastic a forum split as people seem to be prophesising.

You're being mighty pessimistic if you think those of us whose mission it is to help others would be any less helpful too a non contributor.

- access to exclusive news: what exclusive news should that be? I can't remember of any exclusive news since the project was born.

I do remember recieving an exclusive newsletter getting us something around 24hrs headstart on the preorder race for batch 2. (That sentence probably made little sense, but w/e).

My pennies/cents/öre/whatever:

I like binkys contributor icons thing.

I like the metal keychain. Ordered.

I ordered a super support badge thingy too. Not that I care much about the badge/status (would it be possible to turn off showing that), but because I'd happily donate some money to help out. It probably helps that I'm one of the original orderers, that therefore 1) have gotten my pandora for way less money than what it actually cost to build, in the end, and 2) I paid that so long ago that my wallet has long ago forgotten about them :)

I would indeed go for more swag! A Tshirt and/or a hoodie (black, of course!) would be instantly ordered Possibly even a hat :)

Also: Don't go exclusivising content. But I don't think you will.

I like binky's icon idea too. :)

I just made a couple of icons. I'm not that great of an artist but I did my best. ^_^

I made a coin, because people suggested it and I thought it was a good idea.

I also made a heart because I (and many will probably agree) love the Pandora!

SHxKl.png
DlNKU.png

I think those look great! I'd love to see them used in a game (platformer or something, hm I should continue my game...). :)

'fraid I could only support the minimum amount this month. While I hope the keychains sell out soon, if they don't I'll grab one at the end of the month.

The icon idea sounds great...

.. and wow, some people are touchy.

As always happens on here, OP try to sell something, and half the people complain. It's quite simple people. If you don't like what's on offer, don't buy it. Do not bitch and moan because other people want to help out and you dont.

I for one made my order because one day I would like to own a Pandora 2, and that will not happen unless the Pandora itself makes money.

Quit your bitching.

As always happens on here, OP try to sell something, and half the people complain. It's quite simple people. If you don't like what's on offer, don't buy it. Do not bitch and moan because other people want to help out and you dont.

I for one made my order because one day I would like to own a Pandora 2, and that will not happen unless the Pandora itself makes money.

Quit your bitching.
It's not about op want's to sell something, that the community will be split apart, or this silly badges stuff. What bothers me is that this is all done under the banner of supporting the pandora. In my nonrelevant opinion this won't help the pandora project at all. Donate it do ED, he can use it for something useful - he is the one who runs the servers, arranges everything for the production in Germany, and he is the one who will buy all needed parts from Craig, when production in Germany is ready to go.

Quit your bitching.
It's not about op want's to sell something, that the community will be split apart, or this silly badges stuff. What bothers me is that this is all done under the banner of supporting the pandora. In my nonrelevant opinion this won't help the pandora project at all. Donate it do ED, he can use it for something useful - he is the one who runs the servers, arranges everything for the production in Germany, and he is the one who will buy all needed parts from Craig, when production in Germany is ready to go.

Right, thanks for letting me know that, I had no idea.

I'm glad, and yet surprised, you know our business better than we do.

I only have trouble with the fact, that the users have to pay for the Mistakes of others. This is not only unfair, this can easily lead to a gap between OPT and Comunity. It's like the Euro Crisis, the People have to pay for the incapable stupidness of european Banks. :(

OPT should not only think abut sue the responsible Companies, they should do it and get back their lost Money rom them, instead from us. I will not accept that these Companies get out of te affair that cheap. Make them pay for what they have done!

I'm a Pandora customer and not a charity foundation. The products offered are either horribly expensive or without value.

These forums are an investment of the team into their own product. It is a major source of free support and free labor for them and I see no reason whatsoever to pay for their usage.

Quit your bitching.
You haven't properly read the posts of all people complaining, have you?

Because if you did, you would have read that we are in fact not against supporting OP (quite the contrary), rather we don't like the way it's presented and the means of support chosen as they could have bad side effects.

Do you really think that having an extra icon will split the community??? lol

It's not going to completely divide the community, but IMO for some people it could be an easy way to dismiss the opinions of those who have not paid to support the forums. This is extremely subjective though and comes down to whether or not a user equates a forum support donation to overall project support. I could also be completely in left field with that idea as well, so take it for what its worth.

I do however think what someone suggested earlier about badges (with a whole system for all sorts of Pandora related support like application development) would be the best way to implement this system and would be a great way to judge the quality of advice given out on the boards.

I do feel strongly though that privileged access to information and/or early access to purchases is the wrong way to go. That is extremely divisive and needlessly silos segments of our community. Whether or not the badging thing goes through, at the very least I feel like all Pandora customers deserve equal access to information and opportunities to purchases new things from OPT.

I'm not trying to be funny or bitchy or anything but if the forums are costing too much money to run, then can't the GP32x forums be used again - just send the link to there instead! job done!

I ordered a metal pandora thingy, I honestly hope that it helps everyone embroiled in this fiasco :)

@ Craig :

1) Who will the money donated by the community go to? (Will it be yourself, ED, Jacqueline, the guy who updates the appstore?)

2) What will this money be used for? (Covering web hosting expenses, buying Vodka, paying wages? etc.)

3) What will happen if you don't reach your target level of donations?

Without a clear answer to these questions then my guess is I won't be alone on holding back on donating. On a personal basis I was pretty brassed off regarding the total lack of transparency as to what the dev fund is used for. Please don't make the same mistake here.

Got to agree with bismuthdrummer, 'transparency is your biggest weapon'.

Another thing that might help would be to show people what they are getting for their money, do you have a picture / cad file for the metal pandora?

but IMO for some people it could be an easy way to dismiss the opinions of those who have not paid to support the forums.
I do however think what someone suggested earlier about badges (with a whole system for all sorts of Pandora related support like application development) would be the best way to implement this system and would be a great way to judge the quality of advice given out on the boards.
Because a badge is a clear indicator of helpfulness? Aren't you doing exactly that what you described in the previous paragraph? I.e. dismiss posts by those who don't have the proper badge.

Back