$1 Pandora.

Not that I'm clear on details or anything, but I think Craig runs multiple businesses; he's taking $$ for OP (which is not related to ED's side per se), which is not related to iCP, or perhaps other ventures. ie: I thibk Craig is trying to keep OP afloat on OP's merits, without getting his other things too involved. Obviously there is some mixing of interests (Jaqueline probably gets paid from a combined pool, likewise Craid and ED and the guys certainmly arent' drawing wages against iCP + pandora, so are contributing $$reosurces in that capacity among others). But from the sounds of it, this is donating to OP (UK) which is obviously struggling (since iCP is not part of it.)

*shrug*

jeff

But the thing is, donations from forum members aren't OP's "merits" either. I'm just saying, I don't want to donate if he already has money to "donate" to himself.

Not that I'm clear on details or anything, but I think Craig runs multiple businesses; he's taking $$ for OP (which is not related to ED's side per se), which is not related to iCP, or perhaps other ventures. ie: I thibk Craig is trying to keep OP afloat on OP's merits, without getting his other things too involved. Obviously there is some mixing of interests (Jaqueline probably gets paid from a combined pool, likewise Craid and ED and the guys certainmly arent' drawing wages against iCP + pandora, so are contributing $$reosurces in that capacity among others). But from the sounds of it, this is donating to OP (UK) which is obviously struggling (since iCP is not part of it.)

*shrug*

jeff

But the thing is, donations from forum members aren't OP's "merits" either. I'm just saying, I don't want to donate if he already has money to "donate" to himself.

We don't draw a wage from OP so every last penny goes back to the project.

PS Please post support icons which people can use if you can think of some good designs, so we can have a nice selection for people to choose from.

Around how big should these submissions be?

Sight tangent, but maybe we could have a little row of icons for people who actively support OP in the area to the left:

Coin.gif donated

pandora_tiny.gif ordered a pandora

pandora_tick_tiny.gif owns a pandora

tux_tiny.png develops the os

pong.gif develops games

hash.gif develops apps

? something for hardware devs

? for lots of helpful posts

? random/mixed/minor contributions

etc

etc

Maybe a pandora logo for the core team?

Some of these could probably be automated but some would need to be awarded by a mod.

^^ this is a good idea. If we get ROT (retro offline tournament) going again a icon could be added for players and champions also.

Sight tangent, but maybe we could have a little row of icons for people who actively support OP in the area to the left:

View attachment 927 donated

View attachment 922 ordered a pandora

View attachment 924 owns a pandora

View attachment 925 develops the os

View attachment 926 develops games

View attachment 921 develops apps

etc

etc

Some of these could probably be automated but some would need to be awarded by a mod.

That's a really nice idea, I'd like that.

I hate to be the one asshole in the room but honestly, I'm kind of on the fence with this. Not about all the details of what privileges people will or won't get, but about what's being donated to in the first place.

I'd feel better if there was a clearer image of "we have X but need Y" and what that money would be going to exactly. I could be way off mark but I figured that at least as far as Craig was concerned that he'd be seeing more money these days thanks to sales of the $500 Pandoras, iCP, and Wizzley Presto/Dizzy Wizards. $500 Pandoras alone were supposed to be used for more production man-power which, due to other bottlenecks, would have been unnecessary.. That changed to "we needed it to survive." Okay, that's cool - so do you need this to survive too? You need money to run the forum - okay, how much does the forum actually cost to run?

I'm not calling him a liar but yeah, I'd like to have more information. But I'll probably get more of "fuck off Exophase we don't need your money anyway" response and that's cool too ;p

(also I guess I'm the only person annoyed by the purposefully misleading thread title but whatever)
I completely agree

Last edited by a moderator:

etc

etc

+1 I like this, although not 100% on the icons used in this example but its a great idea !

this way when random jackasses come in here, they dont start fights with people like milkshake

+1 on the idea

-1 for the thread title tactic. Transparency is your biggest weapon, and here Craig has encapsulated an important thread with an absurd title. I almost didn't read it, and the message to me is actually quite serious.

I am withholding donation at this time for that reason (I know this contradicts my concern for OPT, but my words obviously won't change him). If some honest specifics are laid out, I shall reconsider.

I hate to be the one asshole in the room but honestly, I'm kind of on the fence with this. Not about all the details of what privileges people will or won't get, but about what's being donated to in the first place.

I'd feel better if there was a clearer image of "we have X but need Y" and what that money would be going to exactly. I could be way off mark but I figured that at least as far as Craig was concerned that he'd be seeing more money these days thanks to sales of the $500 Pandoras, iCP, and Wizzley Presto/Dizzy Wizards. $500 Pandoras alone were supposed to be used for more production man-power which, due to other bottlenecks, would have been unnecessary.. That changed to "we needed it to survive." Okay, that's cool - so do you need this to survive too? You need money to run the forum - okay, how much does the forum actually cost to run?

I'm not calling him a liar but yeah, I'd like to have more information. But I'll probably get more of "fuck off Exophase we don't need your money anyway" response and that's cool too ;p

(also I guess I'm the only person annoyed by the purposefully misleading thread title but whatever)
I completely agree
I started to write a response, but Exophase did it better.

To add on, I also disagree with the idea of having paid privileges. This is typically a very open community. Having paid subscriptions not only creates some exclusivity, it can also create some social pressures that shouldn't take place within the community.

Now put up a decently priced hat!

etc

etc

not bad, we really could need some Identifiers here, especialy for our Coding Gurus like in the old Forum. ^^ Donators would get "Pandora Coins" with Pandy Logo on the coin and maybe different colours for the type of donation.

And with the new Symbols I even would have one because I own a Pandora. :) And if there ever could be also an "did some graphics for Games" logo, I wouldn't complain. ;)

When Craig said donate "to use" the forums, he meant donate because we use the forums (because they cost money) no donate so we can use them

That helps a lot, thank you Invader Amoto; But actually I simply chose the cheapest as I wanted to contribute a little rather than nothing.

Also it implied that I would get at least more than a minimal logo. I have a lifetime history of having trouble following computer instructions so lately I often don't try unless they are painfully simple.

-- waiting impatiently but mostly silently for a Pandora....

I just made a couple of icons. I'm not that great of an artist but I did my best. ^_^

I made a coin, because people suggested it and I thought it was a good idea.

I also made a heart because I (and many will probably agree) love the Pandora!

SHxKl.png
DlNKU.png

etc

etc

Not a bad idea.

Back