1Ghz units, more available, little update.

Plus there is this community of course, which is as unique as the Pandora.

have to agree on that..is the first and only community where there's linux involved and yet nobody is kicking you out only because you're a "noob"

Plus there is this community of course, which is as unique as the Pandora.

have to agree on that..is the first and only community where there's linux involved and yet nobody is kicking you out only because you're a "noob"

I have a theory on what that is, I think it's because we didn't start as a Linux community.

Sure many of us knew what Linux was back when we were using the GP32, but the gradual move to full Linux was slow and relaxed, most people didn't arrive here as a Linux mega user and I still think the majority of us don't use Linux full time.

Keeps things nice and balanced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which Linux communities are unfriendly to less experienced people? Can't recall that I ever came around such a forum... Of course you cannot await to be handled nicely when you act like an idiot, but that's a huge difference to being a noob.

Which Linux communities are unfriendly to less experienced people? Can't recall that I ever came around such a forum... Of course you cannot await to be handled nicely when you act like an idiot, but that's a huge difference to being a noob.

I think we're more tolerant in general might be a better way of putting it.

We don't mind people saying Linux is crap for example ;) I think we understand that for some people it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats your email then Craig? because you haven`t replied to my anwser of "yes, I want to swap 2x 512s for 1x 1GHZ " :)

I think we're more tolerant in general might be a better way of putting it.

We don't mind people saying Linux is crap for example ;) I think we understand that for some people it is.

Ah, I get it. It's your royal "we" again ;)

We don't mind people saying Linux is crap for example ;)

blasphemy-blasphemy-challenge-day-demotivational-poster-1275397796.jpg

;)

To be fair we also don't mind people saying Windows is shit, iOS is garbage and here is one from me, Ubuntu is total piss.

^

I'm waiting on word from ED on that.

My thought is that once Global Components gets the bottlenecks worked out of production on the DM3730 and those waiting for one from Craig and ED have been fulfilled, yes. But that's just wishful thinking on my part.

To be fair we also don't mind people saying Windows is shit, iOS is garbage and here is one from me, Ubuntu is total piss.

True. But 'we' eat our own if someone so much as mentions that Android might be an interesting option.

Ubuntu IS total piss. It seemed like a good distro back when I said goodbye to windows, then it went downhill.

I actually thought at the time that Ubuntu was like heaven compared to the hellish experience of Windows, and I had practically zero experience of any *nix environment.

I'm looking for a better distro to migrate to if anyone has tips.

I'm looking for a better distro to migrate to if anyone has tips.

I use Linux Mint which imho is Ubuntu done right. :)

Has anyone that actually -uses- their computer figured out any way to make the current Ubuntu Unity interface -work-?

2X on Linux Mint. I even went one step beyond that to Linux Mint KDE > Gnome.

For my kids computer (P4) I installed Mint 13 XFCE - works like a charm there. I have two P4 machines side by side one with Ubuntu 12.04 and one with Mint 13 XFCE on them. The kids all prefer the one with XFCE - they say it's easier to use. Now to migrate the other one to Mint.

I -am- running into an issue currently with Installing Mint 13 OR Ubuntu 12.04 OR Debian (if updater on).

It seems the current version of Grub2 doesn't like some of my hardware in my primary workstation. Always something.

What? No FreeBSD community here? Did I get lost again? :D

I've been long term Gentoo user until a few months ago, Debian Wheezy works for me quite nicely. I have to say, my brief flirting with Mint was a nice experience, I think it should be the "new" Ubuntu in terms of where to send people giving Linux a go.

To be honest... I abandoned Ubuntu when it first delivered Unity, switching to Mint. Just recently I tried Ubuntu again, and I have to admit, I like it better these days.

It is definitly a usable desktop, but some people seem to think they have, for whatever reason, to hate on it. Can't blame them too much though, I was pretty in rage back in the day as well.

Back