2 New Blog Posts: 98% Success Rate! + Lightpipes

Sitwon said:
I'm a little disappointed that they didn't go with Kagato's suggestion, but I'm glad they picked First Batch instead of the logo w/ 1 design.

With regards to the poll, even if you subtract all the fake accounts that were created that day, First Batch was still the clear winner. It sucks that the douchebag got his way, but are you going to punish the majority because of one bad apple?

I decided not to bother vote after that fiasco.
May get a different result if the pole was done again, (no disrespect to the person who set it up originally)

Last edited by a moderator:
What about the concern that they wouldn't be able to print anything on that inside corner in the first place? Did we ever find out that it was even possible?

Looks ok to me. I couldn't care less what they print on it just as long as it's done soon. Some people on here need to get out more. I'll probably go and get some gloves for the unboxing video then wrap it back up and store it in a cool dry place for 50 years. Wouldn't want to get any finger prints on it, lol :blink:

Sitwon said:
What about the concern that they wouldn't be able to print anything on that inside corner in the first place? Did we ever find out that it was even possible?

at last someone that seems to wonder the very same thing ive been wondering loooong ago

Na-Noo said:
Sitwon said:
I'm a little disappointed that they didn't go with Kagato's suggestion, but I'm glad they picked First Batch instead of the logo w/ 1 design.

With regards to the poll, even if you subtract all the fake accounts that were created that day, First Batch was still the clear winner. It sucks that the douchebag got his way, but are you going to punish the majority because of one bad apple?

May get a different result if the pole was done again, (no disrespect to the person who set it up originally)

no worries, anyway its not my fault the forums dont have a minimal # of post before voting

I also miss the USB-Logo. Is everything connected with paying for every little piece of stuff today?
Makes me angry that every China-Handheld seems to use all these Logos without paying for it and they never get punisched. :(
But it's true, I bet, if OP would use the logos the same way, THEY would be sued within a blink. The world is hard but unfair.

However. Is there a chance to darken the transparent lightpipes in a more (slightly)black direction (+ silk surface)? This still should make the LED's clearly visible plus it is not too bright anymore plus it gives a better combination with the colour of the Case. :)

DroneB Dev said:
Sitwon said:

at last someone that seems to wonder the very same thing ive been wondering loooong ago

Na-Noo said:
Sitwon said:

no worries, anyway its not my fault the forums dont have a minimal # of post before voting

Well, here's a quick way of filtering out the fakes; check the date and number of posts they signed up, and subtract the ones that match ;) Best to check for all poll options though.

MDave said:
DroneB Dev said:
Sitwon said:

Na-Noo said:
Sitwon said:

Well, here's a quick way of filtering out the fakes; check the date and number of posts they signed up, and subtract the ones that match ;) Best to check for all poll options though.
I thought someone had already figured out that there were 10 fakes?

bluetooth logo !?

very quick and dirty (in paint, no less) ;)

4114682783_ff87294a3c_o.jpg

Attachments

• 4114682783_ff87294a3c_o.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 111
ablufia said:
bluetooth logo !?

At first I just thought it was a broken Pandora logo, then I realized it was clearly a "<VUL"

Attachments

1.8 KB · Views: 116
ablufia said:
bluetooth logo !?

That is so cool! Great job.

Attachments

1.8 KB · Views: 102
It's nice but will never work in real life since it looks too much like the Pandora logo.

The only thing about the silkscreen that bothered me was the BT. the coloured BT was better... I can live with First "cookie" batch but the BT is just wrong or something...

The problem with using BT is that it is does not make Bluetooth spring to mind. Bit Torrent or British Telecom sounds more familiar.

Regarding the use of 'first batch', the same was done with the gp2x (first edition), would that not sound a little better?

RoboShmup said:
Just a little teeny tiny itty bitty bit smaller. Trust me, I'm an artist ;)
I'm still not sure that looking at the rendered picture (isometric) of the silkscreen from the front of the unit is the best way to judge the final outcome. This is the first batch, and once shipped the community will be able to provide more accurate input as to how it can and should look in real life.

ablufia said:
bluetooth logo !?

That's a cool idea, and very creative, but it may be confusing once it's sized down and placed on pandora itself as it looks very similar to the pandora logo itself. BT works for me.

I think the silk screen as it is now looks just fine, I especially like the "first batch" written out. I wasn't around to vote on that, but i'm glad the vote came out the way it did. Still makes me think of a fresh trey of cookies, and who doesn't like cookies?

fusion_power said:
However. Is there a chance to darken the transparent lightpipes in a more (slightly)black direction (+ silk surface)? This still should make the LED's clearly visible plus it is not too bright anymore plus it gives a better combination with the colour of the Case. :)
You may be right if you're in a dark room, but what if you're in direct sunlight? You can always darken the pipes yourself if you need to, but you can't undarken them... for the lack of a better word..

Attachments

1.8 KB · Views: 201
Tokiopop said:
Looks like "st" to me.

yes, very true.

you could always think of yourself saying "bluetooth", whilst sneezing at the very beginning :)

Mjlink said:
Tuxedomask29 said:
ablufia said:
bluetooth logo !?

That is so cool! Great job.
+1

Wasn't there supposed to be a blue led for bluetooth?
I've heard blue LEDs are significantly more expensive than other colors such as red and green.

Attachments

1.8 KB · Views: 173
Yeah but the LED dosn't need to be blue. you can just make in shine through blue plastic.

Still I like it just as it is. I love the first batch logo. WHEN this project is very popular it will be awesome to remember the whole fist batch thing!

mvickers03 said:
Yeah but the LED dosn't need to be blue. you can just make in shine through blue plastic
Then all the LEDs would look blue...

Edit: Wait, you meant like those painted colored incandescent bulbs? I suppose that would work, but you'd need a bright white LED which are also expensive.

Back