Release 3.2 kernel issue tracking thread

Code:
Symbol: SMS_SIANO_MDTV [=m]

Type : tristate

Prompt: Siano SMS1xxx based MDTV receiver

Defined at drivers/media/dvb/siano/Kconfig:5

Depends on: MEDIA_SUPPORT [=m] && DVB_CAPTURE_DRIVERS [=y] && DVB_CORE [=m] && RC_CORE [=m] && HAS_DMA [=y]

-> Device Drivers

-> Multimedia support (MEDIA_SUPPORT [=m])

-> DVB/ATSC adapters (DVB_CAPTURE_DRIVERS [=y])

Code:
Symbol: DVB_USB_AF9035 [=m]

Prompt: Afatech AF9035 DVB-T USB2.0 support

Defined at drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/Kconfig:427

Depends on: MEDIA_SUPPORT [=m] && DVB_CAPTURE_DRIVERS [=y] && DVB_CORE [=m] && DVB_USB [=m]

-> Device Drivers

-> Support for various USB DVB devices (DVB_USB [=m])

Selects: DVB_AF9033 [=m] && MEDIA_TUNER_TUA9001 [=m] && MEDIA_TUNER_FC0011 [=m] && MEDIA_TUNER_MXL5007T [=m] && MEDIA_TUNER_TDA18218 [=m]

Code:
Symbol: DVB_AF9033 [=m]

Prompt: Afatech AF9033 DVB-T demodulator

Defined at drivers/media/dvb/frontends/Kconfig:738

Depends on: MEDIA_SUPPORT [=m] && DVB_CAPTURE_DRIVERS [=y] && DVB_CORE [=m] && I2C [=m] && DVB_FE_CUSTOMISE [=y]

-> Device Drivers

-> Customise DVB Frontends

Selected by: DVB_USB_AF9035 [=m] && MEDIA_SUPPORT [=m] && DVB_CAPTURE_DRIVERS [=y] && DVB_CORE [=m] && DVB_USB [=m]

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems af9033 was not yet included in 3.2.26. It is on my desktop's 3.5.0.

The Siano is right under the big DVB adapter list.

@notaz: did you find time to look into my issue ?
Forgot it, sorry. Checked now, and it doesn't mount on my desktop too (unable to read id index table), so maybe the generated files are not fully correct. Looking at kernel commit logs, I can see they made file format checking much stricter, maybe it's worth reporting this to discutils authors. Meanwhile you could maybe use isofs for .pnds too.

The Siano is right under the big DVB adapter list.
Enabled for the next build.

Forgot it, sorry. Checked now, and it doesn't mount on my desktop too (unable to read id index table), so maybe the generated files are not fully correct. Looking at kernel commit logs, I can see they made file format checking much stricter, maybe it's worth reporting this to discutils authors. Meanwhile you could maybe use isofs for .pnds too.
Thanks for looking into it. Would it be possible for you to provide me with link to the kernel commit logs - maybe the log could be usefull for the discutils authors

I don't understand how to use the sgx.git.

I still compile the pvr module with :

## cd /root/GFX_Linux_KM

## patch -p1 < ../sgx_4_00_00_01_3.2.patch

## make TI_PLATFORM=omap3430

## mkdir -p /lib/modules/3.2.26/kernel/drivers/gpu/pvr

## cp pvrsrvkm.ko /lib/modules/3.2.26/kernel/drivers/gpu/pvr/

## cp services4/3rdparty/dc_omap3430_linux/omaplfb.ko /lib/modules/3.2.26/kernel/drivers/gpu/pvr/

## cp services4/3rdparty/bufferclass_ti/bufferclass_ti.ko /lib/modules/3.2.26/kernel/drivers/gpu/pvr/

Thanks for looking into it. Would it be possible for you to provide me with link to the kernel commit logs - maybe the log could be usefull for the discutils authors
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=history;f=fs/squashfs;hb=HEAD

there are lots of commits, so it's hard to say when they changed it, something between beginning of 2009 (what old kernel used) and 2012 I guess.

I don't understand how to use the sgx.git.
# setup CROSS_COMPILE= ARCH=

git clone git://.../sgx.git

make KERNELDIR=/path/to/kernel

find -name '*.ko' # and do what you want with them

gadgetfs isn't working properly on the new kernel. it's working on the old kernel

I'm running:

mkdir /dev/gadget

mount -t gadgetfs gadgetfs /dev/gadget

modprobe gadgetfs

dmesg reports:

nop musb-hdrc: failed to start (null): -120

Hi Notaz !

May i ask you to enable CONFIG_TMPFS_POSIX_ACL in the kernel please ?

This is needed on new distributions with udisks2.

--Edit:

Oh, and also CONFIG_SMS_SIANO_MDTV for DVB.

Just got my unit w. Super Zaxxon, and having this issue of Wifi not coming back after suspend. But it doesn't appear to be a kernel issue--the process NetworkManager has gone away, and doesn't come back even if you disable/enable Wifi. If I "sudo NetworkManager" then Wifi comes back.

Andy

The bufferclass_ti module doesn't seem to compile with the new sgx tree.

Am i right, or do i need to build it with the ancient sources ?

Also, what is the purpose of this module ?

Just a question - It seems that recently, my pandora doesn't register shifted F-keys, or possibly just not shifted F11/F12. It used to do that, though. I don't know if this is a kernel thing or an X thing, but it is a bit irritating. Any idea of what might cause this?

I'm not sure, Nokia's drver doesn't have it and everything seems to still work.
But it's still in the /lib/modules/3.2.30/kernel/drivers/gpu/pvr/1.5.15.2766/

Btw, omaplfb and pvrsrvkm are also duplicated, and are not the same.

Back