All Refunds Not Sent Yet

Mecc said:
Got the e-mail and refund recently. It sucks :(

10/02/2008
-$350.82 for the pandora
-$10.52 for the transfer fee

12/01/2008
+$303.13 for the refund.

So I'm out $58.21. Oh well, I'm still going to reorder.

It'd be nice if they could sell this on eBay so we (USA and some other areas) could get cashback on this. They could just do make a pre-order listing with a buy it now. Would save us 30% at the current rate.
Except then anyone could buy it, and it's against eBay's policy to have sellers organize deals with buyers outside of eBay

Last edited by a moderator:
Mecc said:

10/02/2008
-$350.82 for the pandora

12/01/2008
+$303.13 for the refund.

Hum.. But how much will you pay for reordering ?

Yeah, that's true. I forgot about that. I was wondering if it would work with private listings. I haven't done too much eBaying.

They could have a preorder for the next batch setup that way, but they should just focus on getting things in working order.

I don't know what the re-order price will be. I sent and e-mail asking. I think it's the same.

No e-mail o refund yet Toronto-Canada

I don't get it are all CC Orders credited back or just random, can someone clear this up.
How can most from Canada Get refunded and others not i thought all orders with CC will be refunded.

Makes no sense.

I checked all spam folder and regular and logged in my CC account nothing.

Did orders from North America dealt with different banks? If not then all orders should be refunded since they where switching banks.

Confusing to the end!!!
Still anticipating my pandora but last month or so was really frustrating with all the info and still going with this refund.

I am in Montreal, no email or credit yet BUT spoke to the always nice Jaquelyne at openpandora online and was told i would be getting a refund with the cc reorder link coming soon.thought I was clear :(

oh well................still excited and love the new case !!!!!!!!

Mecc said:

10/02/2008
-$350.82 for the pandora

12/01/2008
+$303.13 for the refund.

It'd be nice if they could sell this on eBay so we (USA and some other areas) could get cashback on this. They could make a pre-order listing with a buy it now. Would save us 30% at the current rate.
Yes but if you re-ordered straight away (admittedly only bank transfer is available right now) you would be pay approx $303 + fees. Really you are only 'down' by the extra fees. If exchange rates move much before the credit card page goes up there could be a gain or loss, but there is the bank transfer option if people are really concerned about future currency fluctuations.

Trevor Bradley said:
To all other information seekers like myself who are curious about breakdowns of who got refunds and who didn't, or reasons as to why some cards got refunded and others not, I'm going to post preemptively and say we're likely to never get this information, most likely because the old bank are still likely to wield some legal control over this information and Craig likely isn't going to be able to say all the nasty things he'd like to about the bank. Unlike other engineering information involving chips and solder, the bankers are people in suits and ties.. people to be avoided at all costs.
You can at the very least find out the name of the bank by calling up your own and asking about the source of the refund money.

Just received refund notification:
2008-12-02 07:54 AM CDT

Will be paying again using the same card, so also curious of ETA on the website being up for reorders.

but there is the bank transfer option if people are really concerned about future currency fluctuations.

The problem with expecting instant reorders is that if we used a card in the first place it's not exactly painless to do a bank transfer. I'm not even sure how to use the information given for that purpose. I don't see anywhere I can just put that on my bank's website (Wells Fargo) to tell them I want to do that. I can only transfer to other Wells Fargo members there. Additionally, my card doesn't show a refund at all yet.. so how would I make it instantly? I'd have to transfer to my bank account to transfer to them, or just have "petty cash" of that (which I do, but that's beside the point. I imagine many don't have this).

The currency fluctuation issue is a huge nuisance that I'm hoping doesn't affect me much. I'm not blaming the Pandora group on this issue at all, but it still makes this whole thing a PITA and I don't think it should be minimized since most of us aren't paying with bank transfers.

gamingarena said:
I don't get it are all CC Orders credited back or just random, can someone clear this up.
How can most from Canada Get refunded and others not i thought all orders with CC will be refunded.

Not all orders are affected. Some orders were processed before the bank decided to be problematic, and these will not have to be refunded.

I might be the last one to get an email. I just got mine. I thought I was in the clear :(

So I'm going to see what I have to do now, I guess.

I got the refund e-mail. In that e-mail Craig said he's getting into foreign oil investments, and that if I chipped in an extra $200, he'd cut me a percentage of his multi-million dollar profits.

The offer was really good, so I just sent the money. I'm sure the refund will appear in my credit card account soon.

;)

I finally got my e-mail informing me of needing to reorder tonight. Nothing shows up on my CC's transactions as of yet but I'll be keeping an eye on it. That said I'm not too concerned about not being credited properly so if the reorder page is up before I've been credited, I probably will just do the reorder on the spot anyway. :p

I checked my CC statement and it looks like I've been refunded. But I've not had an email yet.

Just got my email. I'm far down the line, probably about the 3000th person to order or later, so the reordering mess is probably pretty close to being over.

D4damage said:
Do I need to contact anyone to find out what's happening with my order?
You said you have been refunded, so now you can re-order via bank transfer or wait for the CC re-order link.
Edit:
Here you can find a quote of the re-fund mail, including bank transfer data:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...mp;#entry665751

If you want to do the bank transfer, add you order-number as reference.

Hi

I'm in NZ. Thought I was past the deadline, but I just got my re-order email. I'll wait till I see it on my CC statement and find out how much my NZ bank will charge me for the bank transfer - last I looked it cost $20 NZ to make an international transfer and it would also cost the recipient in the UK a fee to receive it. I may just wait for the CC re-order option.

Back