Any Case News?

I guess what I've been trying to say in this thread over and over is that Craigix's style of updating us via hints and whispers is extraordinarily frustrating, and not a little insulting. As a pre-paid customer I feel that we deserve more respect.

That's all.
Awww! poor little baby.

in the meanwhile perhaps the OP team could send some Pandora branded dummies out to pre-orderers :lol: something for you to do instead of whining.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is why ED's posts are typically awesome, and Craigix's posts make people momentarily happy but then angry.
Just remember :
Craigx is emotional, so what ever he say, he say it with his emotion. Remember that Craig want this projet finish as soon as possible as just anyone on board.
So when Craigx said "I'm about to say July" you've to anderstand : "I'd love to answer you july" or " My best _hope_ is july".

But this is him. He can't make a detail fact list as ED does once in a while.
Every one on board should read Craig with this point of view. And remember each time they get a problem that will post-push the release date, Craigx is sad before us and longer that average joe here...

To be fair to Craig (did I say that out loud? Eeep!) he DID admit FAIRLY early on that July was an "if nothing goes wrong" kind of statement. However confident of it he was, in which month has something NOT gone wrong for the Pandora project?

I'll admit I was hoping for July, and the prospect had me smiling, but I'd rather August and a better Pandora than July and something that was NEARLY as brilliant as this beastie should be.

Thanks ED for taking the time to provide that update, it's smashing (as far as statements like "you can't have it" can ever be a good thing! LOL)

Ta,

Yep. And don't forget the IMMENSE burden we all do have, craig carries most of it.
There's a LOT of money involved which could kill us all, so it's natural to react emotional, try to get things done as soon as possible... of course there are fears that all will cancel their order.

Just imagine how YOU would react if you know there's basically a ticking time bomb of which you don't know when it will explode... you can either try to disengage it as fast as possible though that's risky... or you could take your time to disengage it - which COULD be more safe, but it could explode any moment :)

It's basically the same here :) Risk a rush and unhappy people or risk about people having enough and cancel all orders.
It's a TERRIBLE burden we all have (most of all craig), and we're all VERY happy when we finally ship the Pandora and get rid of that burden :)

Without such a community as you, it would NEVER be possible :)

If we look at OP team from their point of view it's really hard work to make such device!, and OP team not SONY, not Nintendo and not MS...
it's REALLY unbelivable hard and great project for them!
that I want to say is even though I really sick of waiting, still I dont sulk and dont troll forums, I just wait and will wait till the end even if it takes a year from now!

ps- sorry my english)

i understand the timebomb issue, and i can imagine how much work it should be.
You wont see me canceling my order, unless it will take more then 3 months to ship my pandy...thats where my timebomb timer is at ;)

Cut the red wire! It's always the red wire!
Seriously, I can see how that would suck.

So ... September? It seems like if my math is right, then we're already talking mid to late August, perhaps later ... so you're getting dangerously close. An additional forty-five days of schedule-slip and you're out?
Actually, September is the one-year anniversary of a lot of the pre-orders. If I cancel, that's when I'll do it. But, (Though you might not know it from my recent posts) these latest updates has actually made me happier about OP. If it keeps up I'm happy to stick with it and not ask for my money back.

I wish I could be more certain about a cut-off time for me, but I don't have one. September SOUNDS appealing if one was to set a date and stick to it, as Pandora was originally meant/hoped to be a birthday present last year and my birthday is in (very early) September - but posts like (most of) EDs updates tend to help me feel more like hanging in. I've got other things to do while I'm waiting, so my only REAL risk of pulling out is if I get sufficiently disenfranchised with OpenPandora. I don't have a set rule for that.

How sick would most of us feel if we'd hung in here for nearly a year (or even over a year!) and then quit only to see the Pandora released a couple of weeks later?

AFAICS the best thing to do to promote good feeling is to clone ED and Pickle, as they both get to raise spirits on a regular basis (and IIRC Pickle hasn't got "Aliens Vs Predator" - the FPS - working on Pandora yet, and we're getting dangerously close to needing it!)

Glad I'm not the only one waiting on that! I actually downloaded the source code to take a look at it, but my OpenGL experience is pretty basic -- and my OpenGL ES experience is even moreso. Is he actually looking into it?

edit: I'd almost rather AvP NOT be shown running on it before release, as I might have an aneurysm waiting on Pandora after seeing it.

Glad I'm not the only one waiting on that! I actually downloaded the source code to take a look at it, but my OpenGL experience is pretty basic -- and my OpenGL ES experience is even moreso. Is he actually looking into it?

edit: I'd almost rather AvP NOT be shown running on it before release, as I might have an aneurysm waiting on Pandora after seeing it.
Sadly I don't think he's actively looking at it (not a priority of his, which is a shame as it's a corker of a game IMHO) but he did say he'd give it all due consideration... I live in hope :D

Of course, I suspect he doesn't ahve the game data which could pose serious issues. I've got a tleast one, maybe two copies of the game around here somewhere (one gold edition and I THINK an earlier copy SOMEWHERE) so if Pickle does perform miracles and get AVP up and running for us I could always play around on a PC for a bit to whet my appetite.

I'm not sure if AvP ever got a GOOD co-op game going - that's one of my problems, my son LOVES co-op gaming so every game has to be tested for that sooner or later.

so if Pickle does perform miracles and get AVP up and running for us I could always play around on a PC for a bit to whet my appetite.
If that's what's holding him back, I'd gladly slip my AvP CD (non gold-edition"] in the mail off to him. :D That game scared the pants off me when it came out.[/quote]
Do you think that a PM or replying to http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...mp;#entry710369 would be more likely to elicit a positive response?

Do you think that a PM or replying to http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...mp;#entry710369 would be more likely to elicit a positive response?
I don't know -- I don't want to bug him. I actually sent him a PM a while ago asking for some pointers for getting started porting AvP with NanoGL; he basically responded that NanoGL is very limited (tailored specifically for Quake) and it might be difficult. But that thread you pointed to made it sound more feasible. Maybe we could just keep bumping this thread and hope he reads it, lol. :)

LETS BAN CRAIG FROM THE WHOLE GP32X COMMUNITY AND THE OPENPANDORA PROJECT! Damm you craig!
/sarcasm off

die if you ment that.

Why does everyone quote the pandora team? I already knew when craig said july, that he couldnt be 100% sure.
Forget this reply if sarcasm was on...

I've said this before, I strongly advise everyone taking a break from these forums. Just follow the unofficial blog and take it as it is.

For those people considering a refund, please don't. Actually to phrase that another way, OP team please refuse to give refunds. I have been waiting since last year at this point and my money has been gone since late Sept.

I have a very real fear of a Bank Run on the OP team. They *needed* our money to help finance this project. If you guys wait until September to ask for a refund, after they probably have already ordered pretty much everything, *where* exactly is OP getting this money to refund you?

If anyone remembers the poll I had setup awhile ago, about how you see yourself? I hope you realize why I want all of you who pre-ordered to consider yourselves *Investors* and not customers.

This is for the long haul. Don't pull out when we are RIGHT THERE.

Please don't take this maliciously, but the device will be awesome when we get it. I can only promise you one thing. If you walk away from these forums until we get the Pandora everything will be much better. Less worrying about updates and if's and when's. Perhaps most important is your F5 key.

Please, think of the F5 key.

I've said this before, I strongly advise everyone taking a break from these forums. Just follow the unofficial blog and take it as it is.
For those people considering a refund, please don't. Actually to phrase that another way, OP team please refuse to give refunds. I have been waiting since last year at this point and my money has been gone since late Sept.

I have a very real fear of a Bank Run on the OP team. They *needed* our money to help finance this project. If you guys wait until September to ask for a refund, after they probably have already ordered pretty much everything, *where* exactly is OP getting this money to refund you?

If anyone remembers the poll I had setup awhile ago, about how you see yourself? I hope you realize why I want all of you who pre-ordered to consider yourselves *Investors* and not customers.

This is for the long haul. Don't pull out when we are RIGHT THERE.

Please don't take this maliciously, but the device will be awesome when we get it. I can only promise you one thing. If you walk away from these forums until we get the Pandora everything will be much better. Less worrying about updates and if's and when's. Perhaps most important is your F5 key.

Please, think of the F5 key.

OP has the legal obligation to give the refund. If they dont do that, im calling police.
But i understand your point. They cant get bankrupt for the sake of them and us. We wont see our money back, and we wont see a pandora. And they would have problems as well. Dont refund, but wait...just wait a little bit longer.

If you guys wait until September to ask for a refund, after they probably have already ordered pretty much everything, *where* exactly is OP getting this money to refund you?
Presumably they have some money, or can take out a couple small loans in the hopes that refunds are in the minimal.
If too many people request refunds, they just enter bankruptcy and then no one gets anything.
And if that happens, calling the police won't do you any good.

Judging by the responses to the recent poll about how long people are willing to wait, I'd say a bank run isn't likely. The majority of people were willing to wait it out indefinitely (myself included). How much would it suck to have waited a year, get a refund, and see it released weeks later? I'd go nuts!

Back