Any Case News?

If you guys wait until September to ask for a refund, after they probably have already ordered pretty much everything, *where* exactly is OP getting this money to refund you?
Presumably they have some money, or can take out a couple small loans in the hopes that refunds are in the minimal.
If too many people request refunds, they just enter bankruptcy and then no one gets anything.
And if that happens, calling the police won't do you any good.
i know...if people are starting to refund, they will fck up the whole project and hopes for all people that are interested.
What a tension on these forums so suddenly, all becouse of a statement of craig...STOP QUOTING THE DEV's!
I hope ED or craig can say something to take the pressure away of many folks asking themselfs to refund.

@wermy: also true. still i think people are seriously considering to get a refund and cancel their order.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I am trying to say is, the *only good* choice is to wait.

But, I believe that got across.

I hope ED or craig can say something to take the pressure away of many folks asking themselfs to refund.
Actually, before this gets too out of hand - I think ED just did that didn't he? Look over at the unofficial blog for the temperature runnign there, it's still great having not fallen into the pitfall of - well, quoteing ED on the timebomb for a start ;)

Yes, it's an issue. but if you look around, the number of people who look like they want refunds soon is minimal - and IMHO ED posts general sensible and informative posts often enough, recently, that I can't see that number rising by much. I must admit that if I wasn't in a financial hole myself (a surprisingly deep one. Ouch!) I would be considering a second unit for my kid. As it is I keep waiting for Craig to start a thread about a ne wPandora projet - no LCD or lid, and no processor - and a new simpler motherboard. It'd be the USB/Bluetooth Pandora Controller, great for multi-user games (and posisbly compatible with other kit too, but mostly developed for the Pandora using Pandora-specific nubs etc.).

that bank run is also what ED ment with the timebomb....
the OP team also got great pressure.
Am I the only one that constantly reads "OP" as "Original Poster" in my head?
No, except that I don't use your head. I use mine. It's more economical.

that bank run is also what ED ment with the timebomb....
the OP team also got great pressure.
I'm afraid I lost you now. the OP team *also* has a lot of pressure? Why are you using the word *also*? OP team is the *only* ones who have a tremendous amount of pressure on their shoulders.

The only thing worth doing by everyone outside of the OP team is to wait.

@Monk

I don't think its getting out of hand. I am just generally pessimistic and wanted to nip something in the bud before it could bloom into a problem. Even though there might not be a problem at all.

Haha, these boards are treacherous. Seeya.

There's lots of factors to the delays. This isn't a wealthy organisation doing development work 9am-5pm mon-fri.

Parts take a while to be produced. This means you can tweak something and not know the result for a while.

The only thing I worry about is that when it is released it will be a few months before people get to grips with it and write or port software.

I'm not that familiar with the project, but were there development systems available? it is worth considering for future projects. I know there's similar boards you can develop on.

There's lots of factors to the delays. This isn't a wealthy organisation doing development work 9am-5pm mon-fri.

Parts take a while to be produced. This means you can tweak something and not know the result for a while.

The only thing I worry about is that when it is released it will be a few months before people get to grips with it and write or port software.

I'm not that familiar with the project, but were there development systems available? it is worth considering for future projects. I know there's similar boards you can develop on.
I'm not sure of the number, but I know there are several development boards being used out there. I know pickle has one, and has already ported a number of games to the system. On top of that, it is (theoretically) easy to go from developing something on a Beagle Board to the Pandora, so I know there are some people out there developing some stuff on there too. So, I think there will be plenty of emulators/games to keep us occupied when it is released, and shortly thereafter. :)

I guess what I've been trying to say in this thread over and over is that Craigix's style of updating us via hints and whispers is extraordinarily frustrating, and not a little insulting. As a pre-paid customer I feel that we deserve more respect.

That's all.
Well, you might learn something from this:

Craig says what is on his mind, and is usually to busy/absentminded/whatever to remember/bother about listing all the details and factors and whatnots.

ED writes up almost complete reports of the state of the project.

Use this information as guidance in how much weight you give the respective information. Problem solved.

For those people considering a refund, please don't. Actually to phrase that another way, OP team please refuse to give refunds.
They can't do that. The only thing worse for the project than a bank rush would be a legal action they couldn't win.
I suppose if they were two days away from release they could "lose" the cancellations and hope for the best, but even that would be pretty shady.

I've said this before, I strongly advise everyone taking a break from these forums. Just follow the unofficial blog and take it as it is.

It seems like most people do NOT follow these forums. The poll had less than three hundred respondents.
QUOTE ("wermy")
Judging by the responses to the recent poll about how long people are willing to wait, I'd say a bank run isn't likely.
Tough to judge one way or the other. 249 people voted, and that's only a tiny fraction of the pandora-ordering group. Since it's a self-selected subset and not a random subset, it's not statistically sound to extrapolate up to the whole 4000.

Which is a good thing, too. I thought that the percentages were rather ominus and had the same thought as Phawx, But then I remembered that people on the internet are all talk.

Hopefully, the other 3700 or so pre-orderers have completely forgotten about Pandora and it'll be a happy surprise when it arrives in the mail.

QUOTE ("borgqueenx")
In my mind ED just did that.
If we can get an update like that once a week or so (And I understand that sometimes they just have to wait for stuff, but still, the software must be making progress, right? Maybe take those slow news days to assure us that someone is working out mundane details like shipping. Anything! Just so you're saying something.) then I would not even consider canceling. It's the information droughts that make me nervous.

Cease worrying. Yes, there were development systems made available, yes people ahve been developing for the Pandora (there's a whole section of this board devoted tot eh devs). Yes, there should be games - probably a bunch of Dooms and Quakes and emulators and so on and so forth - available "on release". you could do worse than to search YouTube for "Pandora" or even "Pickle" (one of the devs).

There needs to be a book about this! "The Making Of Pandora". The ups and downs, the twist and turns! It would be a pretty interesting and amazing read (and I'm not being sarcastic).

Looking forward to this product when it arrives on my doorstep.

Looking forward to this product when it arrives on my doorstep.

A long while back Craig said that he'd been writing a sort of "The Pandora Story" that covers the whole development period (including the many major ups and downs that happen behind the scenes; all the ups and downs we've been told are just the tip of the iceberg with a project like this). I believe he was going to release it once development was complete. I hope he still plans to as I'm sure we're all dying to read it (I know I am) :)

Back