Any Case News?

It's worked pretty well for them so far. ED didn't really give any information we hadn't already been able to glean, he just confirmed what was suspected and said "more is to come" and everyone is happy.
A lot of his blog posts were the same: confirming what was already known or suspected, sometimes adding a picture or three. And always it was "finally, some information!"
The whole thing is making me cynical again. :(
Well, not really. You didn't know a changed keymat design had been submitted to the company two days ago nor did you know that the case is still undergoing some changes.
Those are two informations I know for sure :)

Last edited:
It's worked pretty well for them so far. ED didn't really give any information we hadn't already been able to glean, he just confirmed what was suspected and said "more is to come" and everyone is happy.
A lot of his blog posts were the same: confirming what was already known or suspected, sometimes adding a picture or three. And always it was "finally, some information!"
Well, not really. You didn't know a changed keymat design had been submitted to the company two days ago nor did you know that the case is still undergoing some changes.
Those are two informations I know for sure :"] [/quote]
True - but Craig wouldn't say them for fear of a riot and "Oh no, July cannot be met!" posts. You can give us info and we seem to read it as info rather than a call for a new crusade ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'VE BEEN TOLD THERES NEW INFO ABOUT THE PANDORA!

14sek42.jpg

what?, am i too early?

Those are two informations I know for sure :"] [/quote]True - but Craig wouldn't say them for fear of a riot and "Oh no, July cannot be met!" posts. You can give us info and we seem to read it as info rather than a call for a new crusade ;"]
[/quote]Well, I do trust you guys :) I trust in the project - and I don't wanna hide any problems or give you wrong informations.

If I were one of the customers, I'd be much more patient if I always knew what currently happened and what problems there are instead of just getting more and more hopes :)

But it's very hard for craig, he's got A LOT on his mind right now and trying to rush here and there... it's pretty hard keeping calm and quiet for him and finding the right words in the few time he has :)

EDIT: Just getting more informations. Will do an updated blog post for you tomorrow! :D

Last edited:
...and I don't wanna hide any problems or give you wrong informations.
If I were one of the customers, I'd be much more patient if I always knew what currently happened and what problems there are instead of just getting more and more hopes :)
It's appreciated. Very much so.

EDIT: Just getting more informations. Will do an updated blog post for you tomorrow! :D
My Itinerary:
finish programming project for work
brush teeth
play some Sims 3
go to bed
wake up
shower
meeting with boss
get home
F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5
OMG UPDATE
pass out
wake up in field next to pandora, smile, rub nubs
wake up in bed, realize field was dream, scream
GOTO beginning

Thanks for the update ED, hopefully this shuts some people up.

If you don't want to wait, get a refund!

Evil dragon, you wrote you'll do an update tomorrow, do you mean this morning or tomorrow, since you posted it at 1 o clock?

Those are two informations I know for sure :"]
[/quote]The thing is, it seems in previous estimates (and most likely this one too), the date has been extremely optimistic, or overly truthful (as in, the EXACT date if everything goes to plan). Although I am grateful for the honesty, you should really "lie" about the delivery date. Be more pessimistic, so if it comes early, there is no butthurt for the community. In reality, it may get pushed back that far or EVEN further. But, if it comes out as planned in July and you said august, things seem oh so much better. Still, I can wait till the end of time...

And if this IS an over-estimate, I take back what I said.

editz:

I forgot to thank you for the awesome update! Thank you very much! I really can't wait now. Man, I do love informations.

I'll do the blog post when I find some time today which will probably be in 2 - 3 hours :)

I'm currently busy with my normal job :)

Just don't let the quest for perfection drive you into insolvency.

It doesn't look like we're talking about severe design issues such as recessed headphone jacks. We're talking about stiffness of hinges and depth of d-pad's. At the end of the day, so long as they do the job they're intended to do, it's going to be a matter of personal preference on how deep the d-pad should be and how stiff the hinges should be.

Every 'tweak' you make to achieve what you see as perfection could just as easily displease as many people as it pleases.

Of course if the hinge and the dpad simply don't work then this is a different (and at this stage pretty worrying) matter all together.

ED - don't your employers realise how IMPORTANT the Pandora stuff is? Shame on them!

Meanwhile, I tend to agree with the idea of being pessimistic on delivery dates. I look at it this way - pessimists go through life occasionally (happily!) being proven that the world is a nicer, better place than they think it it. Optimists go trhough life frequently being disspointed when things turn out to be worse than they expected.

What's better - to be constantly surprised by good things, or bad things? ;)

In the case of Pandora - heck, the shippoing of most products - things are more complicated. Because if OP give dates which are too pessimistic, customers will just become non-customers. To a degree I beleive OP have to give "Soon" type dates to keep as many of us as possible on the hook. I dislike this from both directions - I dislike being led on a hook, but I equally dissaprove of the "fact" that people would jump ship if they knew a more realistic date (IMHO). It's a marketing technique that has proven its value over the years, but that doesn't make it taste better to me.

ED, I'll love to see a blog update when you're ready, and a new delivery estimate (if there's a change from "July") would be great. If you can get clarification on what's up with the WiFi and what KIND of timeline we expect that to be solved in (and possibly by whom), that would be excellent!

Remember that our top priority is still that even the first unit will NOT have such flaws as the GP2X First Edition had. We want to ensure that you'll all be confident - even if we risk some guys jumping off the project by causing delays with some changes.
That one poll where most of you selected to wait for the Pandora until it's ready (regardless how long is take) did show us we're on the right way by making the system perfect. And we all do appreciate and thank you for being with us :)

Thanks for thee updates and for the attempts to make sure the unit is as flawless as possible. Being an Aussie makes the source of the Pandora around 16,000km away. This, in turn, would make warranty returns/issues a right pain the the arse for all concerned (waiting time, cost, etc) so if such tthings can be avoided then joy for all. :)

P.

Just don't let the quest for perfection drive you into insolvency.
I'm sure they won't let it. They knew when to draw the line on improvements, and they'll know where to draw the line on bug fixes, when they start getting too picky. They'll want to finish it up at some point, just to get some return for their work. :)

EvilDragon: Thank you a lot for the fresh news. And now, please, can you say what is price for 1000 Pandoras keymats with custom (or say localized) layout? I originally ask at another thread but it's covered with many posts. Thank you for reply.

Back