Any Updates?

Delirious17

Still Fresh
Anything worthwhile filling us in about the Pandora console? I love any type of news posted...

Oh wow, that's great! NEON really helped it a lot!
Ugh, this just makes me metaphorically salivate even more for my Panda's arrival date! (I won't say it, Gruso...)

Wondering, though, about how it runs at 600MHz...

Tensuke said:
Wondering, though, about how it runs at 600MHz...

I believe the devs said that clock speed isn't really the bottle neck, they've run it at 500Mhz too with no real difference. It's in the developer thread on the pandorapress news article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dead1nside said:
I believe the devs said that clock speed isn't really the bottle neck, they've run it at 500Mhz too with no real difference. It's in the developer thread on the pandorapress news article.
That was before they added the neon optimization though. It shouldn't have made much (or any) difference, but it could still swing it back a few frames.

so given that mweston gets some injected cases tomorrow (or at the latest wednesday?) when is a safe estimate, youll begin shipping by late november atleast?

shit were so close now, i only preordered some months ago too.
im like f5'ing the forums every other minute.

GizmoTheGreen said:
so given that mweston gets some injected cases tomorrow (or at the latest wednesday?) when is a safe estimate, youll begin shipping by late november atleast?

shit were so close now, i only preordered some months ago too.
im like f5'ing the forums every other minute.

The 23rd was when the case moulds were finished. Some test cases will be shipped early next week for testing. If they are perfect they will be shipped out as the first real pandoras (not the 105) and OP will tell the company to produce the 10000 cases.

oh, i was under the impression that the injection cases (just a few though) was supposed to be finished on the 23rd, and shipped that same day, so they would be able to arrive today (monday).

maybe i got it wrong, lol

WizardStan said:
That was before they added the neon optimization though. It shouldn't have made much (or any) difference, but it could still swing it back a few frames.
Exactly. The 250 MHz bump may have been just what it needed to hit fullspeed, or maybe it makes no real difference.
Either way I'm not too worried as I'm sure there are a few more optimizations to be made that will render that point moot anyhow.
And this proves that there's no oc+NEON bug, which is quite nice...

In the newest build the framerate scales almost linearly with CPU speed. This is a very good thing, it means the SGX and RAM are not the bottleneck... so there's more scope for ARM/NEON optimization. From memory most the sm64 ingame stuff is about 15-17 fps @500mhz, if you enable frameskip so every 2nd frame is skipped then it looks very playable.

And this proves that there's no oc+NEON bug, which is quite nice...
Yea it seemed pretty stable. I was at standard voltages aswell (OPP2).

anyone know how intensive mario 64 is? as compared to... zelda OoT, MM, or SSB?

El Jefe said:
anyone know how intensive mario 64 is? as compared to... zelda OoT, MM, or SSB?
Don't take my word for it, but I'm pretty sure that Mario 64 runs on rather light resources.

also, just noticed...
ThinkGeek carries the WIZ, and on their home page right now(on the slideshow product line thing), they're advertising it as N64 capable...

Back