Canceling Cc Orders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people see the need to get antsy on a forum when you are dealing with a your bank and financial transaction involving openpandora? Surely you get in touch with openpandora, get all the details including dates etc, then contact your bank. If still no joy, go back to openpandora and complain direct to them and ask/demand that they sort something.

I do have to say that if this is all the fault of Craig's bank then he ought to be threatening them with taking them to the ombudsman for not returning funds quickly enough and damaging his business.

TaG said:
Surely you get in touch with openpandora, get all the details including dates etc, then contact your bank. If still no joy, go back to openpandora and complain direct to them and ask/demand that they sort something.
Nonono, you see the idea is that openpandora tell you something, and then you just disregard it and scream ITS FRAUD until the banks do their job. It gets everything done much more efficiently!

Last edited by a moderator:
RenegadeChic said:
TaG said:
Surely you get in touch with openpandora, get all the details including dates etc, then contact your bank. If still no joy, go back to openpandora and complain direct to them and ask/demand that they sort something.
Nonono, you see the idea is that openpandora tell you something, and then you just disregard it and scream ITS FRAUD until the banks do their job. It gets everything done much more efficiently!Ah, I see, my bad. If I'd been told a bunch of 'merchant bankers' had been reading these threads I might have said things differently. ;)

RenegadeChic said:
TaG said:
Nonono, you see the idea is that openpandora tell you something, and then you just disregard it and scream ITS FRAUD until the banks do their job. It gets everything done much more efficiently!

lol

I find it disturbing how some of the dissatisfied few are willing to take measures that may damage the entire project just so they can see their money faster. I mean, I truly feel for them; money issues are a pain in the ass.

At the same time, the Pandora team have invested their entire lives into this project and if it doesn't work out, they will be in serious financial trouble. Let alone the thousands of us who have also preordered and are looking forward to receiving our gadgets. How can someone preorder a device based entirely around a community and then callously take chances at contributing to that community's ultimate demise?

I'm not saying refunds have been handled properly by any means. All I'm saying is to take a step back and relax for a little longer while your refund goes through. Yes, you want your money now. But this community depends on people not getting hysterical when the project goes through such growing pains.

ish420 said:
Ashwin said:
I got my email back an hour after i asked them to refund and they said i should see my money back in about 3 to 5 days
I got that same same email, followed by an email saying they checked with the bank and the bank said the refund had gone through. Yet I still have not been refunded. It has been a month since I canceled my order. The bank where I do my banking has been bought out by another bank and will change its name. I need this issue resolved before this takes place. I'm tempted to telling the bank that the deal with Openpandora was a fraud and that their business is running fraudulent scams. Dealing with this company has become a real nightmare for me.

If you're really wanting to get your money back, and it's not gone over the time limit then you could initiate a chargeback with your bank (not sure how to go about that, prolly easiest to just go into the bank and ask about it). You should then get the full amount back that you originally paid.

Well, if you pay via Credit Card, normally your bank uses some CC Company to make the transaction.
Then that CC Company sends that money over to the other bank (in this case, the one from GP32 Dist. Ltd.)

When craig refunds, it goes back: From his bank, to the CC Company and from the CC Company to your bank.

Knowing banks (esp. at the moment), this can take a whole while. Your money might be somewhere in between Craigs bank, the CC Company and your bank account.

What you should do is:
1. Ask for a confirmation from GP32 Dist. Ltd. that the refund has been done (if you don't already have that mail). They might also have some transaction number or at least date.
2. Do contact your bank together with that eMail. Ask them to find out with their CC Company where that money is.

I don't see a reason to report a company as FRAUD when you haven't checked if it's the CC companies fault that the money hasn't come back yet.

Sit tight and wait for it to go through automatically, even if it is taking a while it will go through, If it never does I'll eat my words.

Trying to interfere might just slow the process and you'll be waiting longer.

I just got around to reading the update that the U.S. refunds were going to take a little longer time. I really hope that is the case and not that my money has been lost in the system due to some errors on the part of the banks. Maybe I went a little crazy with the threat to report this as fraudulent, especially since I have been following this project for a couple years now and am still excited about it. It is just that I do most of my shopping online and this has never happened to me. Well, I guess I'll sit tight for another week before I continue my crazed rants.

ish420 said:
I just got around to reading the update that the U.S. refunds were going to take a little longer time. I really hope that is the case and not that my money has been lost in the system due to some errors on the part of the banks. Maybe I went a little crazy with the threat to report this as fraudulent, especially since I have been following this project for a couple years now and am still excited about it. It is just that I do most of my shopping online and this has never happened to me. Well, I guess I'll sit tight for another week before I continue my crazed rants.
Well you should hopefully be covered either way being a credit card transaction. If in the incredibly unlikely event you DID not get any money back, your credit card should cover you to get the money back. You have plenty of evidence to support any claim for it so I'm sure you would eventually get something. You would be more at risk with a bank transfer thats for sure.

@ish420 No I've not been involved in an online transaction like this before. Buy then this is a pretty unique project and deliberately trying to make something happen that would never have happen otherwise. It's a pain, but it should be well worth it. Don't jut leave it - get all the details from openpandora then get in touch with your card issuer. ED is suggesting this approach a few posts up.

Wll, Fnlly ftr vr mnth f btchng nd mnng t GP32 fnlly gt bck sm mny. sy sm bcs t sms hv bn rppd ff by lmst $70SD. bttr gt my mny bck n ts ntrty. dn't cr f Crg r d hv t snd m prsnl chck, bcs m gng thrgh wth fllng ths cmpny s frdlnt nd m tllng my bnk nd crd cmpny tht GP32 nd pnpndr r thvs. m srry bt yr bnk prblms bt dn't pss thm n t m. f ths mns sngl hnddly kll th prjct, FCK T. Y bttr strt wrtng tht chck.

ish420 said:
Well, Finally after over month of bitching and moaning to GP32 I finally got back some money. I say some because it seems I have been ripped off by almost $70USD. I better get my money back in its entirety. I don't care if Craig or Ed have to send me a personal check, because I am going through with filling this company as fraudulent and am telling my bank and card company that GP32 and openpandora are thieves. I am sorry about your bank problems but don't pass them on to me. If this means I single handedly kill the project, FUCK IT. You better start writing that check.
What a public spirited fellow. It has been so nice to know you.

Just remember that openpandora asked for the money to be refunded in full. They didn't keep a single penny, and never really got a hold of the money themselves. Not that you'll listen.

TaG said:
ish420 said:
Well, Finally after over month of bitching and moaning to GP32 I finally got back some money. I say some because it seems I have been ripped off by almost $70USD. I better get my money back in its entirety. I don't care if Craig or Ed have to send me a personal check, because I am going through with filling this company as fraudulent and am telling my bank and card company that GP32 and openpandora are thieves. I am sorry about your bank problems but don't pass them on to me. If this means I single handedly kill the project, FUCK IT. You better start writing that check.

Just remember that openpandora asked for the money to be refunded in full. They didn't keep a single penny, and never really got a hold of the money themselves. Not that you'll listen.

Wht thr t lstn t? tht I tk m ss rmng wth fckng sml?

ish420 said:
Well, Finally after over month of bitching and moaning to GP32 I finally got back some money. [...] because I am going through with filling this company as fraudulent and am telling my bank and card company that GP32 and openpandora are thieves.[...] FUCK IT. You better start writing that check.

Stop grandstanding and stop pretending to be tough. This sort of thing is taken care of in private. You're only telling us because you want us to be impressed.

You do what you need to do, but man up and take care of it with a little class.

ish420 said:
TaG said:
ish420 said:

What there to listen to? that I take my ass reaming with a fucking smile?
This aggression will not stand, man.

the_big_lebowski___jeff_bridges.jpg

ish420 said:
What there to listen to? that I take my ass reaming with a fucking smile?

If you have a problem with your bank exchanging funds between different currencies, complain to them, not the company you are dealing with, and writing the same post in multiple threads doesn't help your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back