Cheap 4gb Sd

They have been selling these for a while, previously at 40 quid! They were KeyMem 133x then.
Hmm some suggestion on google that Keymem might be rebranded Samsung memory.

I think it really is a bit of a lucky dip though;
random person said:
These are generic SD cards and it's a matter of luck as to what you get. The first card had a sticker rating the item as x133 speed, but the item was corrupt and won't work in my Canon S3IS or Palm lifedrive. It also didn't read in any of my multi-card readers (one of which had had bought from 7dayshop). I returned the item with little fuss and got a replacement item within a week.

This time I got a Mototech labelled sd card which works fine. Still didn't work with my 2 multi-card readers, but worked fine with my other products.

A friend of mine gave me a sd only card reader and it works fine in xp/win 2k with fast transfer rates. In fact I believe it runs at x60 or above speed. I hope this helps

Edit; Fixing some English.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone interested in getting a 2gb SD (kingston) completely free of charge, see here:

http://www.buy.com/prod/Kingston_2GB_Secur.../202743332.html

Just be absolutely sure to use google checkout and get the additional 10 USD off for "trying it out". That will bring the price down to 35 USD w/ free shipping, and thus the rebate is for that amount :)

I ordered one yesterday. It should go very nice with the new camera I want to buy :D
Yeah, you're welcome <_<

I think I might just get one of those... cba at this time of night, though. As long as there's some left tomorrow, and the cold light of day hasn;t changed my mind though, I'll be buying into the large SD card rush.

God knows why, I've not a clue what I'll put there that can't already fit quite happily on a 1gig...

Anyone interested in getting a 2gb SD (kingston) completely free of charge, see here:

http://www.buy.com/prod/Kingston_2GB_Secur.../202743332.html

Just be absolutely sure to use google checkout and get the additional 10 USD off for "trying it out". That will bring the price down to 35 USD w/ free shipping, and thus the rebate is for that amount :)

I ordered one yesterday. It should go very nice with the new camera I want to buy :D
Yeah, you're welcome <_<
CREDIT TO IIGNOTUS FOR DISCOVERING IT

Any idea on the speed of these are they really 133x speed?
I think the only thing that's guaranteed is that they are 4gb. It could be any brand and any speed, from my reading of it.

I bought one when they were still 40 quid they were at that point, (as perviously posted) x133 KeyMem (ie samsung). Perfectly good card.

I'd be very interested to hear if they are still the same ones - if so a steal at the price, but as Zeladin says no guarantees - although I'd guess to get the price so low they will have bought a very large batch of the same type so when the first person to receive posts the specs, the chances are they'll be the same spec everyone receives.

I've ordered one as well and a little key ring LED torch brought it upto just under £25 inc delivery not too bad :) Hope its 133x speed because my current SD card is bloody slow took forever to transfer eggboo2x to the card 110mins FFS !

buyer beware my 4gb sd card is a Dane-Elec SDHC card... might be a mistake on their part or might be a different batch... since it doesn't say anything about the cards being hc.

Just wondering how I can test the speed of the card?
There's a whole load of free trial Flash memory rescue programs on the net - some of them measure/read the speed and manufacturers info on the card. Unfortunately, they were no good for actually saving my SD card...

Anyway, just ordered a 2gb Sd with reader - not as great a deal, or exciting as the 4gb, but I'm playing it safe, especially if they are shipping SDHC cards. Anybody know if the Gp2x will be able to/can read SDHC cards?

I think GP2X are SDHC compatible not entirely sure though...
hmm this is what newbiepedia says
SD is a flash media format used in many electronic devices, including the GP2X, XGP, XGPmini, and GPKiDS. It is a highly popular format thanks to its low cost and high capacity (now standing at 8GB, but larger are on the way). The GP2X presently only supports SD cards up to 4GB; it does not presently support SDHC (SD High Capacity) cards.

But this topic seems to suggest something slightly different, umm just picked these up with a quick google, does anyone have anything more authoritative(So I can kick myself for a foolish assumption);
http://www.gp32x.de/board/lofiversion/index.php/t34439.html

Back