Dat Price Tag Tho

Last edited by a moderator:
I so first read XB1 as XBox 1 and not "one". Was confused :lol:
Yeah that is pretty confusing.

Not quite as dumb as the PSX though. No, not the first Playstation, but that Japan-only DVR-ized PS2.

I think overall, it's still doing better than the Xbox one.
The WiiU has sold 6 million units in 14 months, while the XBox One has sold 4 million units in 3 months: technically the WiiU has sold more, but it's pretty clear the XBox won't have much trouble catching up.The PS4, meanwhile, sold almost 10 million in the same 3 months.

ROFL,

Okay, all I'm saying is maybe the system should be closer to a 3DS than the Surface in terms of features and bult-in tech...

ROFL,

Okay, all I'm saying is maybe the system should be closer to a 3DS than the Surface in terms of features and bult-in tech...
And I'm just saying that everyone else disagrees. If you want a cheap 5" device with gaming controls there are a billion Android gaming tablets out in China. But don't expect a 3DS when it comes to build quality.

Somehow you just don't get pricing with consoles. You don't understand how dramatically the price equations change when you plan on selling 100 million of something instead of 10 thousand (ED would probably consider that a great success, and probably has to approach it as something that may not even sell 5 thousand), when you have billions of dollars in the bank, decades of experience designing gaming hardware and tons of business relationships with experienced semiconductor designers, manufacturers, distributors, etc. And when you soak up a ton of extra money selling games, especially when the best selling games are the ones your company makes.

I don't know why you're even comparing it to Surface. Name the features you think are superfluous and not worth their cost, that would make it dramatically feature. Something using a CPU even half as archaic as 3DS would be a disaster.

ED, not a step down by a step up towards #worth.

As long as one can play Halo 2 on it that is fine. :D

@Exophase, I agree.

Now many of these features are rumors and may not even come in system, but I'm gonna say it anyhow.

These are the features that are not worth the cost:

-Camera

-4K graphics

-Touch Screen

-Fingerprint tech

Okay, he who is without sin cast the first stone

*Runs away before a lunatic actually throws the stone*

-Camera

-4K graphics

-Touch Screen

-Fingerprint tech
Only the touch screen is going to be included, and that is not only necessary but costs around $2-$5, hardly breaking the bank.Next you're going to suggest losing the keyboard, or the wifi, eh?

ED, not a step down by a step up towards #worth.

As long as one can play Halo 2 on it that is fine. :D

@Exophase, I agree.

Now many of these features are rumors and may not even come in system, but I'm gonna say it anyhow.

-Camera

-4K graphics

-Touch Screen

-Fingerprint tech

Okay, he who is without sin cast the first stone

*Runs away before a lunatic actually throws the stone*
Fingerprint tech? Camera? Are those even on the proposed Pyra?

And quite apart from saving on things that don't exist, those other things you mention aren't really driving cost, so removing them wouldn't help, either (well, unless you'd want to go completely screenless, of course).

On the other hand, I'm arguing with n8e, so who am I to bring reality into the equation?

Where are these so-called rumors happening?

Dropping the touchscreen would just be crazy. Even if you could save $50 off the price doing it (of course you can't) I'd still be strongly opposed.

I would be out for blood if pyra does not have a keyboard and touch screen.

That's like Nintendo making a console with no game and a horrible controller, oh, wait.

The only way ED or any other small guys to make a handheld that sells for less than 200 bucks is buying those android psp knock offs from this Chinese manufacturers directly. It's not just about expensive hardwares.those would have better cost effectiveness, but that would be rather a strange move considering ED's not doing this just for business.

Let's make a handheld without screen, without keyboard or physical controls, without a SoC, without a battery, without a PCB and without any internal or external storage!

We can make it very slim and sexy!

It could even fit in your wallet!

And only for $19.99 !!!!1111eleventyone!11!

Available in a wide range of eye-catching colors, with a matte or glossy finish.

We will sell billions of them!!!

Let's make a handheld without screen, without keyboard or physical controls, without a SoC, without a battery, without a PCB and without any internal or external storage!
spongebob-imagination.jpg

Back