Finding a proper name and logo :)

Still like this one by FaeMinx best

Pyragon15.jpg
This is a really good logo.
For all the reasons that have already been given, plus the fact that it's reminiscent of the Pandora logo for old users but original enough for new people to associate it with the new unit and eds shop.

Even without the outer ring it would still be good and usable :)

p.s Reminds me a little of the umbrella corporation too :D

As much as I like the logo, the inner part of it is almost a match for Unity's logo, just without the perspective distortion. www.unity3d.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Still like this one by FaeMinx best

Pyragon15.jpg
This is a really good logo.
For all the reasons that have already been given, plus the fact that it's reminiscent of the Pandora logo for old users but original enough for new people to associate it with the new unit and eds shop.

Even without the outer ring it would still be good and usable :)

p.s Reminds me a little of the umbrella corporation too :D

As much as I like the logo, the inner part of it is almost a match for Unity's logo, just without the perspective distortion. www.unity3d.com
It reminds me more of the Gamecube logo.

Pandora logo resembles silicon graphics logo more than the DS one

sgi-logo.png

Also:

Pandragora!

Pandoragon!

PanderStation!

Nichetron!

Dra!

Dora!

(I know it's too late to suggest more names)

Ehm no. I don't see any resemblance there. Apart from that it's also placed on the lid...

I guess I remembered the logo differently.. I haven't looked at my DS in months.. outside ripping the firmware off it for Drastic I haven't used it in years. Now I see that it's not what I thought it was.

Pandora logo resembles silicon graphics logo more than the DS one
yeah I can see that.

I can do more with the logo, but I've just started season and I have a lot to do... so will need some input from ED, or a firm name for the device, or at the very least two or three people agreeing about changing a certain aspect.

The unity logo and gamecube logo AND pandora logo all share similarities with this because... They're all cubes!!! 

Are they too similar? Are we not wanting something reminiscent of the Pandora logo?

Here is a quick dirty edit that makes it even simpler:  ... better? or losing some of it's magic?

Pyragon_Simple_Hack.jpg

Looks Fine to me, it may be a bit more strong.. which is good in my mind.

I can do more with the logo, but I've just started season and I have a lot to do... so will need some input from ED, or a firm name for the device, or at the very least two or three people agreeing about changing a certain aspect.

The unity logo and gamecube logo AND pandora logo all share similarities with this because... They're all cubes!!! 

Are they too similar? Are we not wanting something reminiscent of the Pandora logo?

Here is a quick dirty edit that makes it even simpler:  ... better? or losing some of it's magic?

Pyragon_Simple_Hack.jpg
i miss the white lines on the outer black part, it would add to the illusion of perspective

Being that we know that ED has chosen to go with DragonBox as a brand name for the new device,  I think it would make sense to make the logo around that.  A variation of it could then be used to incorporate a specific model name.

It occurred to me that a pictographic logo might work:

DragonBoxLogoIdea1.png

That being said,  it also occurred to me that we've been at this before so maybe some old ideas could be reused:

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/8640-gp2x-shop-logo-artist-wanted/page-3#entry161671/URL]

- Neelix

Being that we know that ED has chosen to go with DragonBox as a brand name for the new device
Do we? If so, I vote for F-Zero's box with wings and a tail logo.

From the title of the current poll:

Poll: Pandora Successor Name (146 member(s) have cast votes)

The Name should be DragonBox...

I must say though that I like that logo too. It would look excellent embossed on the lid of a device.   (though I don't like the positioning of the word Dragonbox in the version presented)

- Neelix

Ah. That means the name will be the Dragonbox Miriad, or the Dragonbox Dragonfly or whatever - Dragonbox being the company name, and already having a logo of ED's choosing. But I see what you're getting at - it makes sense to make sure the logos work well together.

Back