Finding a proper name and logo :)

Great job _wb_. I think P/A shape is the by far the best.

I shortened Y/R ends because it looked  fraught. I also changed P/A ends, it must be changed because otherwise it looks ugly, it look like A isn't finished. Maybe rounded style would be better but I made it like this:

140218123930959005.png

And stretched:

140218010128256845.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, 73 pages in and 1,442 posts later, still no agreed logo.  We'll get there  :D

This thread is about getting ideas out there. my guess it will be decided by a vote.. most likely the best will be voted on, if there isn't a unanimous one, the leading ones will be voted on.. just like how the name was chosen.

Lol, 73 pages in and 1,442 posts later, still no agreed logo.  We'll get there  :D
 Community Power!!!  :D

Great job _wb_. I think P/A shape is the by far the best.

I shortened Y/R ends because it looked  fraught. I also changed P/A ends, it must be changed because otherwise it looks ugly, it look like A isn't finished. Maybe rounded style would be better but I made it like this:
The "A" should be more defined but not bad besides this.140218010128256845.png

hey guys! glad to be a part of the community again, I skipped the Pandora but the GP2X was a big part of my teenage years.

I always wanted to contribute art and I made an icon pack back in the day (for illustration of my continued dedication to the cause)!

anyway, I'm a professional artist now so I'm busy and can't spend the time I'd like to on this but I'm going to pitch in my very best!

big greetings to EvilDragon and TelcoLou and everyone else!

here's my first shot at a logo, I'll keep pumping out new ones slowly  :)

pyra1-1.jpg

edit: btw, everything is draw is just going to be sketches, I rely on everyone's feedback! if we like something I do, I'll clean it up!

Reactions: moz
I like the look of that.  I believe we need a logo to represent the DragonBox brand, which can then be paired with a product specific logo for the Pyra itself.  With that in mind, any suggestions for a matching DragonBox logo? :)

- Neelix

An ambigram would be cool to put on the back of the lid. There are a lot of ambigram ideas in this thread.

I like that [Y] char, and think it would be nicer if the [R] was an ambigram of it and work well ... even if you didn't ambigram the [P] and [A]

Bit like this

j8e4ps.png

EDIT: But now I see it, I actually prefer the leg of your original [R] rather than what was the top of the [Y] ... it now looks a bit like some of those ones we trying to avoid eh

A version of the curvy one with less exaggerated curves:

pyralogo12c.png

A bold one:

pyralogo13.png

I like the bottom one a lot more, the angles ends, the pointy bits, the fact the crossline of [A] and [P] doesn't go through both sides... that's all nicer to me

These @spinghed's ones looks good but they are very banal.

@_wb_ I like the more curvy version, the fact P/A ends are curved make that A doesn't look unfinished.

But I prefer this Bold version because it fit more as Pyra's logo, I would like to see a thinner and stetched version it will look more like a logo, maybe with rounded corners.

These models are definitively the best. Perfectly readable ambigram. People with skills should make a lot of version, so that we could choose the best.
pyralogo13.png

That looks really retro with the big-pixel-font and the arrow pointing back. Would be more suitable for devices that are entirely dedicated to emulating old consoles but not really to a minicomputer that can also emulate old consoles, I'd say.

Back