Gmenu2x V0.8 Released

Just had a quick test & the readme.txt support works perfectly & looks very professional.

Just a quick warning for people..
I setup a link to a program in gmenu2x but it didn't show the readme/manual warning icon. I thought that I only had to rename the text file to make it work, but I needed to delete the link & make a new one before it showed up.

One of the newly created links failed to show up until after a restart for me too Ryo. This was a straight creation in the section though, & not a transfer from a different section.

I'll make up a couple of test manuals today if possible & send you them.

Cheers for all your hard work once again Ryo.
This just keeps getting better & better :D

Tripmonkey_uk posted on Dec 10 2006 at 05:11 PM said:
Just a quick warning for people..
I setup a link to a program in gmenu2x but it didn't show the readme/manual warning icon. I thought that I only had to rename the text file to make it work, but I needed to delete the link & make a new one before it showed up.
Yes, but if the file is not named correctly for being detected at link's creation, you can simply edit the link and point gmenu2x to the file.

One of the newly created links failed to show up until after a restart for me too Ryo. This was a straight creation in the section though, & not a transfer from a different section.
That's bad, that's why I need testers. PokeParadox & Goemon4 applied to be testers, if you want to join, there'll be 3 testers and I think that would be enough.

superfly posted on Dec 10 2006 at 05:17 PM said:
Thanks for another great release. I've used Gmenu2X since the first release and I cannot imagine using my GP2X without it.
Even the GP2X in your avatar uses GMenu2X :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried creating a couple of links and it never happened to me. You mean that you created some links and only one didn't show up?
I can't reproduce this error.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Ryo posted on Dec 10 2006 at 04:46 PM said:
Yes, but if the file is not named correctly for being detected at link's creation, you can simply edit the link and point gmenu2x to the file.
I just wanted to give people the heads up on that one ;)

Ryo posted on Dec 10 2006 at 04:46 PM said:
That's bad, that's why I need testers. PokeParadox & Goemon4 applied to be testers, if you want to join, there'll be 3 testers and I think that would be enough.
No probs. Just need to get past this next week full of exams & I'll give you a hand :)

Just tested the full manuals option & it rocks :D
Test manual for people to download here!

Another heads up for people.. if you want to rename this manual for testing with other programs it will be case sensitive & need to be exactly the same name as the programs .gpe file.
e.g PicoDrive.man.png not picodrive.man.png

EDIT: It only failed to show the one link for gmu-0.3.1 in the applications folder Ryo. I'll keep testing & let you know if it happens again :)

Waah, tester flood....
Ok, as long as the number doesn't become crazy, any help is appreciated.
Up 'till now I couldn't test enough and bugs were allowed to reach the release... :(

So 4 testers... nice.

Tripmonkey_uk said:
No probs. Just need to get past this next week full of exams & I'll give you a hand
No problem, everyone has real life to care about. That's why I looked for more than one tester, when one can't there will be someone else (also to raise the chances of discovering bugs).

Ryo posted on Dec 10 2006 at 12:02 PM said:
I tried creating a couple of links and it never happened to me. You mean that you created some links and only one didn't show up?
I can't reproduce this error.

Anyone else having the same problem?

yes

EDIT: It only failed to show the one link for gmu-0.3.1 in the applications folder Ryo. I'll keep testing & let you know if it happens again smile.gif

i was having the same problem with the gmu linking too (to the same place), mabey cause it was a gpu? cause i havent found any other problems with any .gpe's...scratch that, i just added the battery test app (which was a .gpe) and that didnt show up in the applications section till i rebooted... but it seems to only happen in the applications section, cause i just added the Vektar demo to the games section and no problems....

Just a tiny suggestion...

I know that Gmenu2X has used VOL+ and VOL- for changing clock speed. This was fine because it was a silent application. Now that you have implemented volume control, it may be better to use VOL+ and VOL- for volume and VOL+ + A and VOL- + A for changing clock speed.

Obviously it would take time for early adopters of Gmenu2X to get used to but ultimately I think that is more intuitive.

PokeParadox posted on Dec 10 2006 at 10:36 PM said:
Obviously it would take time for early adopters of Gmenu2X to get used to but ultimately I think that is more intuitive.
I thought about that, and this is exactly why I preferred to keep the old controls. Another factor was that the volume feature is not as useful as the overclock one.

If many users express the same desire as yours I may change them, but actually I don't think it's a good idea.

I have not tired this yet, but what about multi-language support? That is, user can switch the menu from one language to another.

Great update, Ryo! Installing this new version was worth it for the volume control alone!

Muting the volume in Zodttd/Exophase's brilliant GBA emulator is a little finicky right now (it keeps resetting itself to full volume at times). But Gmenu keeps it muted perfectly. Very useful for discreet gaming! ;)

I selected the same objective for trying the graphics manuals that Tripmonkey_uk xD xD at the same time :lol:

Is not black :huh: is semi-transparent B)

Great!
Manual with alpha transparency, that's what I wanted to see. Nice work.

Here's a screenie on topo of the orange bg:
Gmenu2x-manual.png

Ryo, you work so hard on this, it's really great to see a non-emulation project get so much attention to detail. Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work, I don't really need to make any suggestions, the project is in a very safe pair of hands!

Looking forward to the next release...

®

Back