Gmenu2x V0.9-test2

ryosaeba

Certified Guru
Website
mtorromeo.github.com
Here's another test release.
There is almost everything that I wanted to include in 0.9.

There are a few strings to translate that weren't present in test1, here's the list:
CODE

Change GMenu2X wallpaper=Cambia lo sfondo di GMenu2X
Activate/deactivate tv-out=Attiva/disattiva tv-out
Select wallpaper=Seleziona sfondo
Gamma=Gamma
Set gp2x gamma value (default: 10)=Imposta il valore gamma della gp2x (predefinito: 10)
Tv-Out encoding=Codifica uscita tv
Encoding of the tv-out signal=Codifica del segnale dell'uscita tv
Tweak RAM Timings=Modifica i timings della RAM
This usually speeds up the application at the cost of stability=Comporta solitamente un miglioramento delle performance al costo di stabilità
Gamma (default: 0)=Gamma (predefinito: 0)
Gamma value to set when launching this link=Valore di gamma da impostare quando si lancia questo collegamento

Also, the font changed again, since I had to insert other characters, so the Liquido font needs to be updated.

Changelog (from v0.8):
CODE

Added gamma setting (global and per-link)
Added option to tweak ram timings
Added skins support
Added link to activate tv-out
Added support for multiple wallpapers
Color of message dialogs changeable by skins
Automatic icon association for links with icons found in the skin "icons" directory
Adding a link to a file without gpu or gpe extension automatically enables the wrapper feature
Added support for translations (Italian, Dutch, Spanish, Germany, French, Finnish, Portuguese and Swedish included)
Use of a new font code which supports (some) utf8 characters
Added graphics for gp2x buttons
Moved screenshot in the selector under the text
[selFullPath] is automatically added at the end of the params when using the selector and no [marker] is specified
Easier access to the last row of links
Moved manual indicator to the bottom bar
Save screenshot with A+L+R (only on the main screen)
Fixed half tv-out screen
Fixed flickering in various locations
Fixed bugs in the manuals navigation system
Other small changes

Download: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gmenu2x...t2.zip?download

Forgot to say that the usb connection scripts have been changed and should be safer but you could have to restart the gp2x to show new files (Working on it...)
Also I think that Ram timings are working now (they weren't in test1)

Ryo said:
Forgot to say that the usb connection scripts have been changed and should be safer but you could have to restart the gp2x to show new files (Working on it...)
Also I think that Ram timings are working now (they weren't in test1)
Somehow the Gmenu Zip-File gets bigger and bigger. 3,6MB... ;) There will come the day, my 56K Modem is on strike. :lol:

When you say, you changed the USB-connection scripts, Have I do something when I use the Gmenu from NAND? I use the special NAND scripts you gave me and everything was working. Can I use your new USB-scripts without changes, when I use Gmenu from Nand? Maybe I install the new vewrsion on SD first, save is save. :) I hope, pedator will update his skin soon. :)

By the way Thanx for the new release. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
fusion_power said:
When you say, you changed the USB-connection scripts, Have I do something when I use the Gmenu from NAND? I use the special NAND scripts you gave me and everything was working. Can I use your new USB-scripts without changes, when I use Gmenu from Nand?
Yes they are nand-compatible.
The additional size is caused by 2 additional wallpapers (to test the new wallpaper feature) and the Liquido skin included.

Ryo said:
fusion_power said:
When you say, you changed the USB-connection scripts, Have I do something when I use the Gmenu from NAND? I use the special NAND scripts you gave me and everything was working. Can I use your new USB-scripts without changes, when I use Gmenu from Nand?
Yes they are nand-compatible.
The additional size is caused by 2 additional wallpapers (to test the new wallpaper feature) and the Liquido skin included.

Yes, I see. The Wallpaper-Function is really cool. Now I can try all the Liquido bg's in seconds. :) And tere is a Screenshot-function! -I freak out! :lol: And its working. My first (working) GP2X screenshot. ^^

Here the remaining translations. Please use the newer german translation to I posted here:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...35779&st=45

CODE

Change GMenu2X wallpaper=Ändert das GMenu2X Hintergrundbild
Activate/deactivate tv-out=Aktiviert/deaktiviert TV-O ut
Select wallpaper=Hintergrundbild wählen
Gamma=Gamma
Set gp2x gamma value (default: 10)=Setzt den GP2X Gamma-Wert (Standard: 10)
Tv-Out encoding=TV-Out Signal
Encoding of the tv-out signal=Einstellen der TV-Out Fernsehnorm
Tweak RAM Timings=Schnellere RAM-Timings
This usually speeds up the application at the cost of stability=Kann Anwendung beschleunigen, auf Kosten der Stabilität
Gamma (default: 0)=Gamma (Standard: 0)
Gamma value to set when launching this link=Bein Starten dieses Links benutzter Gamma-Wert

In Gmenu 2X Settings there could be a modified Input for all the color/transparency values. When reach 255 and going up it could jump to 0 and vice versa. Can save much time for lazy people like me. ;)

In selector(s) there are still some untranslated words like "up one directory" or "select file"

CODE

Change GMenu2X wallpaper=Changer l'arrière-plan de GMenu2X
Activate/deactivate tv-out=Activer/desactiver la sortie TV.
Select wallpaper=Sélectionner l'arrière-plan
Gamma=Gamma
Set gp2x gamma value (default: 10)=Définir la valeur de gamma de la gp2x (par défaut: 10)
Tv-Out encoding=Encodage de la sortie TV
Encoding of the tv-out signal=Encodage du signal de la sortie TV
Tweak RAM Timings=Modification des timings de la RAM
This usually speeds up the application at the cost of stability=Ceci accélère, normalement, l'application mais en contre partie de la stabilité
Gamma (default: 0)=Gamma (par défaut: 0)
Gamma value to set when launching this link=Valeur de gamma à définir lors du lancement de ce lien

French translation

fusion_power said:
german:
CODE

Change GMenu2X wallpaper=Ändert das GMenu2X Hintergrundbild
Activate/deactivate tv-out=Aktiviert/Deaktiviert TV-Out
Select wallpaper=Hintergrundbild wählen
Gamma=Gamma
Set gp2x gamma value (default: 10)=Setzt den GP2X Gamma-Wert (Standard: 10)
Tv-Out encoding=TV-Out Signal
Encoding of the tv-out signal=Einstellen der TV-Out Fernsehnorm
Tweak RAM Timings=Schnellere RAM-Timings
This usually speeds up the application at the cost of stability=Kann Anwendung auf Kosten der Stabilität beschleunigen
Gamma (default: 0)=Gamma (Standard: 0)
Gamma value to set when launching this link=Beim Starten dieses Links benutzter Gamma-Wert

Edit:
There were some small mistakes in it... ^^

Wow, a screenshot function?

Nice man :)

Thank you very much Ryo.

I might finally have another go at this, I haven't tried Gmenu in awhile. *shields self from Gmenu loving TelcoLou*

Ryo said:
If you send give me the translations of this strings I'll include them.
I thought they are in the main translation file but no problem:
CODE

Select file=Datei wählen
Up one directory=Ein Verzeichnis zurück

Elektranox said:
Edit:
There were some small mistakes in it... ^^
No wonder with a quick 2-minute on the fly translation. :lol: I'm not a translator-talent so feel free to change whatever you think. The next Time someone with more skill than me should do all the Translations. ^^""

Hey Ryo,

This is great (briefly got to try it out last night). I really like the skin and wallpaper options. I did notice however, that when I try and use a skin (liquido for example) and THEN change the background (there are some awesome backgrounds near the end) and then play a game, when i return to gmenu, the default background for liquido comes up instead of the custom one i selected. Is this a bug or is it by design? Do the custom backgrounds only work when you use the default skin? It would be great to have them available for all the skins since the skins have different icons also to choose from. is there also a possibility of having gmenu look to the skin or icons directory (maybe even the icon directory of the skin that is currently loaded? :D) first, instead of the root directory? would save a lot of time navigating thru the SD card when updating icons. I like that it searches for the icon in the same directory first, but if there are no icons in the directory of the game/app, then it would be awesome to have it know to go to the icons directory in gmenu next.

i'll have a look at it again later. i appreciate all your hard work on this ... thanks. love this launcher!!!

Good work Ryo. There are a lot of new things!!
wallpapers option is great. I noticed this strange behavior that prairiefire commented.
I think that exist a confusion with the config files. Liquido have one and gmenu has another, and then are 2 wallpaper paths...
With custom icons is the same. The text "skin:icons/x.png" is written in link, but ignored later when skin changes or in next gmenu execution. I think this option is not readed.
The gamma is a discovery! :) And TV-out seems to works well.
¿Has the EXIT icon a manual or its me?
I will update the spanish translation and Liquido skin asap.

I had the Idea with the skin-based Icon directory a while ago to. :) So the Icons change automaticly (optional feature), when Skin changed, if the skin has Icons of course. And Gmenu should search for Items in the Icons Directory first - optional feature to. :)

The new Gmenu still has the problem with the Liquido button-icons on white background. Maybe this has to be solved with new Liquido Button graphics or another color for the white popup-windows in gemenu (?)

fusion_power said:
The new Gmenu still has the problem with the Liquido button-icons on white background. Maybe this has to be solved with new Liquido Button graphics or another color for the white popup-windows in gemenu (?)
No problem with this. Ryo has integrated the new RGB values in skin.conf. Take a look to skin.conf file of Black Gloss skin. Maybe Ryo can include this values in options screen so the user can define his own values depending the background image used.
If you cant wait, try add these lines to Liquido skin.conf:

messageBoxColorR=100
messageBoxColorG=130
messageBoxColorB=190
messageBoxColorA=200
messageBoxBorderColorR=200
messageBoxBorderColorG=200
messageBoxBorderColorB=250
messageBoxBorderColorA=200
messageBoxSelectionColorR=200
messageBoxSelectionColorG=200
messageBoxSelectionColorB=250
messageBoxSelectionColorA=100

For the custom icons theme... should these custom icons have the exact filename than gpe/gpu file?

prairiefire said:
Is this a bug or is it by design?
Bug.

prairiefire said:
Do the custom backgrounds only work when you use the default skin? It would be great to have them available for all the skins since the skins have different icons also to choose from.
Just to clear things up. The wallpaper list shows the wallpapers found in "skins/[current_skin]/wallpapers" first, and then wallpapers found in "skins/Default/wallpapers", so I suggest to add custom wallpapers there and they will always be available.

prairiefire said:
I like that it searches for the icon in the same directory first, but if there are no icons in the directory of the game/app, then it would be awesome to have it know to go to the icons directory in gmenu next.
Actually it gives precedence to the icon found in the skin directory and lastly to the original icon of the game. This is because a skin should be able to override the default icons of an application.
The icon search order is:
1. the "skins/[current_skin]/icons" dir
2. "skins/Default/icons"
3. directory of the app

pedator said:
I think that exist a confusion with the config files. Liquido have one and gmenu has another, and then are 2 wallpaper paths...
Ok, I know it's a little confusing...
The wallpaper option in the skin.conf is meant as "set this wallpaper when the user apply this skin"
The wallpaper option in gmenu2x.conf saves the wallpaper manually selected by the user.

pedator said:
With custom icons is the same. The text "skin:icons/x.png" is written in link, but ignored later when skin changes or in next gmenu execution. I think this option is not readed.
This is a little problematic...
Let's say that skin:icons/x.png exists only for the skin "foo" and not for the skin "bar", when you apply the skin "bar" the icon is flagged as invalid and gets replaced with the result of an icon search as explained above.
I need to find a better behaviour...

pedator said:
¿Has the EXIT icon a manual or its me?
I will update the spanish translation and Liquido skin asap.
The manual on the exit link was used by me to debug the font :p I forgot to remove it but its a test release so...
As for updating the liquido skin, I just want to let you know that I have to modify the font again, so either wait updating it or be ready to update it again soon...

pedator said:
No problem with this. Ryo has integrated the new RGB values in skin.conf. Take a look to skin.conf file of Black Gloss skin. Maybe Ryo can include this values in options screen so the user can define his own values depending the background image used.
I want to add them in a new "Skin" screen and move the actual color settings there (they are useless at the moment because they get lost at every execution)

pedator said:
For the custom icons theme... should these custom icons have the exact filename than gpe/gpu file?
Yes but I could change it so that the icon name should be a substring of the app name but it would probably slow down the association and I don't know if it's worth it.

Thanks Ryo for answering all my questions. I won't include them for reference in this post since it would make for a very long reply. I agree that the way you're handling where the icons are searched for, giving priority to the skin first are the way to go. :)

Cheers

pedator said:
fusion_power said:
If you cant wait, try add these lines to Liquido skin.conf:

messageBoxColorR=100
messageBoxColorG=130
messageBoxColorB=190
messageBoxColorA=200
messageBoxBorderColorR=200
messageBoxBorderColorG=200
messageBoxBorderColorB=250
messageBoxBorderColorA=200
messageBoxSelectionColorR=200
messageBoxSelectionColorG=200
messageBoxSelectionColorB=250
messageBoxSelectionColorA=100

Thanx for the hint, yes its working and it looks beautiful with the colors and the new transparency. Maybe I should take a look to other Skins than Liquido from time to time ;)

Ryo said:
As for updating the liquido skin, I just want to let you know that I have to modify the font again, so either wait updating it or be ready to update it again soon...
People can copy the default font into the Liquido Skin folder. Works and it looks good to. ;)

Back