Gngeo2x 0.6.12

some games now freeze as soon as i try to run them and sometimes it asks me to create a graphics dump for a game that i already have a gfx dump of. some games that freeze are nightmare in the dark and metal slug 3 and 5. im using rage2x to launch the games. i also didn't do a complete clean install of the latest gngeo because you said just copying those few files would be fine. in the past i know clean installs were required.

oh and how do hotkeys work. are they enabled already? cause the L and R keys seem to be how they were before and didn't do anything in game.

edit: with a clean install the freezes are gone. it still asks for gfx dumps though. i guess the graphics have to be dumped again for certain roms to work.

LOVE it!! Just one thing; I get the same sound issue with AeroFighters 2 ... it plays the one note, nothing else. Is there a fix I may have overlooked?

i found a solution to my problem, i launched gngeo from my SD card and backup the rage2x.cfg to my PC directory and it work perfectly now ;)

Is KOF2000 supposed to be completely playable, though? 'Cause I'm missing a layer (the one showing lifebars, powerbars, text, et cetera), all the other sprites work fine and I have all the files I'm supposed to have (as far as I can tell - and I've tried quite a few different combinations). Is this an issue with the emulator or have I simply picked up a bad file somewhere or something? :/

This occured for me as well, but while playing Metal Slug 3. It's still very playable though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has the bug been fixed in Twinkle Star Sprites where the game resets a minute or so into fighting Memory? I don't have time to test it out right now; just wondering if anybody else has noticed this annoying bug?

Bizarrely, despite the fact the GnGeo runs perfectly, not one game runs if I use the Rage2X frontend - as soon as I select a game, I get dumped back out to the GP2X main menu.

I don't really see how this can go wrong - I have the latest version of both emulators and I've not reconfigured anything, so I'm at a loss - anyone have a similar problem?

LOVE it!! Just one thing; I get the same sound issue with AeroFighters 2 ... it plays the one note, nothing else. Is there a fix I may have overlooked?

hmm I was playing this very game last night and experiencing the same thing. I love this stage of emulator development (as a comsumer), where things work really well but with a few little weird glitches. I almost prefer it this way! It reminds you how difficult the coding must be...

I've corrected 2 bugs of 0.8.7 for next release:
-fix save error for system arcade || system console for CF file
-fix selector bug beetween 11 to 19 roms in a list

For next release I would like to fix all know bugs (if i can ;) ) before to add hotkey options.

Dont hesitate to edit/correct/share the error in rage2x.lng, it's for you :D

@Nekki:
Did you have audit your roms with a rom tools ?
Does your roms appear in green (zip available) or red (zip missing)?
Does your roms work with selector ?

Regards
JYCET

@Nekki:
Did you have audit your roms with a rom tools ?
Does your roms appear in green (zip available) or red (zip missing)?
Does your roms work with selector ?

The roms haven't been audited, but they do appear green, and they do work perfectly with selector.

@Nekki:
Did you have unpack rage2x in the same folder of your gngeo or another ?
It's mandatory to have rage2x in the same folder

This is FW 2.0 Related. When I flashed to 2.0 the single note thing happened in only aerofighters.
No; this issue existd in FW 1.2.1 also. I am positive of it; Aero Fighters is the only game I used in MAME2x and I got it quite a while ago.

It happens in MAME2x with the original Aero Fighters-- and here, Aero Fighters 2 and 3 for the NeoGeo. It is probably a bug in the YM2610 code due to the hanging of the final note; just like when the YM2612 in the MegaDrive/Genesis is crashed. This is likely code common to NeoGeo and MAME2x-- though it could be the Z80 as well, it is unlikely since the sound effects keep playing and are probably Z80-controlled. If it is Z80-related, it would probably go away if a version prior to the addition of the DrZ80 core used in MAME2x of GNGeo2x was tested-- I'll give it a shot later tonight probably.

Sometimes, the music can run for much longer-- even as far in as half a level ... sound effects keep working after whichever emulated IC in question crashes. It's too bad really, I love Aero Fighters, and 3 is rather great, too. I do hope it gets fixed one day.

Anybody know how to change the region?

It seems that in this new version the roms are set to home console mode and Europe region, This is ok but I would prefer to set the region back to Japan if at all possible because Samurai showdown 3 and 4 look pretty bad unless you have RED blood, plus you cant do fatalities which is a big drag and really cuts some of the features of the game down. :(

If anyone can tell me real fast how to set the region to Japan I would much appreciate it!

are you using unibios? if yes then just press A+X+B when launching game

if you are using vs-bios.rom - Japan bios file then you have juste to modify conf/gngeorc with putting "country japan".

Is it a bug than when you use unibios the highscores doesn't get saved as opposed to using a normal arcade (mvs) bios?

gngeo: great emulator cuz it runs full speed with all the games ive thrown at it!

cept up until a few days ago..

its giving me a black screen of death for any rom ever since i did the gfx dump for metal slugx

what gives?

Back