Release Hase 1.5

Ziz

Advanced Member
Hey guys,

after a looong time I finished a new version of Hase!

With "finished" I mean of course "probably many bugs included", so please: Test my game!

So, what is new?

• Of course more sprites. You may know the thread, in which I ask for more. I included them all! :D
  • The sprites are not choosen randomly anymore, but you can choose your favourite one! Furthermore you get a notice, whether this sprite is already used. ;)
  • The username will be guessed with your C4A user data at first start. Furthermore the username will be saved
  • I improved the server (Yeah, I know, VERY important for you, but it was a lot of work, so I have to mention it
  • I improved the camera movement a bit
  • I switched from my dirty chat-php-hack to a real IRC chat! Furthermore you can chat already in the lobby and ingame! The idea is to find some opportunity to play hase more easy. You can watch for players even if you are not ingame online, but with any other IRC client. Just join #hase on the freenode. You can even keep you talks within hase this way. :D
  • Of course I also added the insult button, for which I made a thread, too. ;)
  • I added items:Health package
  • A mine
  • One weapon point more
[*]I added more weapons:
  • A bigger and a smaller building tool
  • A cluster bomb
  • A mine shooter
  • A super jump
  • Kaio Ken - Pay 2 Weapon points and start the next round with one weapon point more!
  • Some spells, which are like the pistol in Worms, but quite different behaviourExpelliarmus - makes a bit damage
  • Wingardium Leviosa - forces the hit hare to jump
  • Stupor - makes a lot damage
  • Avada Kedavra - Instant kill (however, it costs 5 Weapon points, so you have to think strategic to use this. However quite useful for a hare full of health packages)
[*]I made the former weapons slightly stronger (two good aimed shoots of the big bazooka are enough to kill one hare - just like in worms)
[*]I improved all weapon appearances
[*]I improved the whole appearnce of the HID. Especially the player bars are not so annoying anymore. ;)
Enjoy and tell me, whether you like it!
Here is a video (if it is not ready yet, just wait, I am still uploading...):

http://youtu.be/vwBHhSlFlFE

Download of course in the repository:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=hase_prototype-hase_prototype-12345

So if you want to play a bit more against other Pandora or GCW owners, I would love if you would join #hase on irc.freenode.net from time to time!

Greetings

Ziz

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on, nobody* interested?

Ah, I know, my fault... Not Pyra related enough! But I can fix this!

post-1-0-00226700-1426275380.jpg
post-1-0-95152200-1425958784.png

(Oh and I fixed a critical bug, but whatever)

*Except Levi, thanks Bud!

The Video look realy nice ^_^

Thx for releasing this Game and good Work.

I had Download it yet for trying and maybe a Video will come from me too ;)

Edit:

Question: Do you not want to make a Thread in the German Forum too with it?  ^_^  

The Video look realy nice ^_^

Thx for releasing this Game and good Work.

I had Download it yet for trying and maybe a Video will come from me too ;)
Aaand the Pyra tactic worked... :>
Edit:

Question: Do you not want to make a Thread in the German Forum too with it?  ^_^
No, all people I would like to address are in this board, too.

I do not realy understand why not more People give you a big Thanks.

Hase is a very good Worms like Game with Gravitation and good Weapons.

This Day was generally a silent Day here and on the German Forum with only a few Posts.

Maybe only because Spring and good Weather ^_^

You did a great Game here and i whish i can honor you in any Way for it. ;)

The only Thing i can say is to all others here:

Try that Game and after the practise Beginning will you have realy Fun with it :D

Actually i see the problem in the frequent updates, you really cant expect ppl to try the game AGAIN after you add a feature.  Its just not that all new and exciting anymore like a freshly added game. 

And all the thank yous for this are already distributed in other threads...  

I think the main issue is that there is more active developer than active user left on this board!

Every one else is just waiting for some Pyra news, as you said...

I think the main issue is that there is more active developer than active user left on this board!
I don't think, this is true. I will not make a list, but just have a look at the most recent Pyra posts (because they're full of different members). I don't see many active developers in them. ;) But I see also a decreasing board activity, however on both sides: Developing and not developing users. :\

Keep in mind that it's always a minority that will comment. There are probably many players who don't come to this forum or don't comment. According to the repo, the game has been downloaded more than a thousand time, which is pretty good compared to other games on the repo. I guess there are still many of them who play the game regularly and enjoyed the update.

Keep in mind that it's always a minority that will comment. There are probably many players who don't come to this forum or don't comment. According to the repo, the game has been downloaded more than a thousand time, which is pretty good compared to other games on the repo. I guess there are still many of them who play the game regularly and enjoyed the update.
Good point. But if people would enjoy the update, the download counter would increase. ;) But I will try to stay patient. :)

I love the ninja rope in worms, but I'm not sure it really carries well into hase, with it being gravity based, and therefore not tending to have a ceiling to swing from.  That said, maps often have separate lands and to be able to attach to them and fire yourself off into space with only a vague understanding of the consequences has a certain attraction to me.

So I finally played for a bit earlier.  I stuck with a bunny for most games, however I wanted to check out how the worm with a hat looked.  

It is pretty fun, and I like blowing things up.  It is nice that I can just play a single round or whatever it is called, and it doesn't waste too much time.

I am looking forward to playing online.  Has anyone else done this? 

Thanks you so much for this game Ziz!

But I've got a question!

Can i haz rope levels, especially Shoppa?
I am not sure, how well ropes work in this gravitation based game. If you pull up too much, you will just fall on the seiling. In fact his would make the super jump quite useless, with this you could always reach every smaller object in the orbit.

Furthermore I don't have any kind of preset levels anyway. All levels are generated randomly.

Sorry, I don't think this will work well at all. :\ Hase is like Worms, but is not Worms itself. ;)

So I finally played for a bit earlier.  I stuck with a bunny for most games, however I wanted to check out how the worm with a hat looked.
Yes, I need to fix that...
It is pretty fun, and I like blowing things up.  It is nice that I can just play a single round or whatever it is called, and it doesn't waste too much time.

I am looking forward to playing online.  Has anyone else done this?
Yes, me! :D
In fact for this I did implement the IRC chat in Hase. I hoped some people would idle in #hase on irc.freenode.net and will find some mates for a quick game, continue chatting with them in hase ingame and even while playing. But the interest is sobbering. I don't know, whether I will continue developing Hase at all. It needs too much time to make a game only for myself.

Back