Release Hotfix 3 Released

God Ginrai said:
DaveC said:
How the hell do you get this update to work? If I put the pnd on a blank card and boot the pandora I just get a whole bunch of linux apps showing in various tabs in minimenu but no hot fix icon.

If I go into XFCE I get the icon but if I execute it nothing happens, it just sits there.

If there is some other thing to do I don't know because there is not readme or instructions anywhere ;)

As long as you are running it the right way from xfce, then no, there isn't anything more you have to do. Here's a couple of things to try.

First, do you have any other hotfixes on any of your cards? This might cause some problems.
Second, how are you executing it from xfce? Just in case you did something wrong like trying to run it from Thunar or something.

If neither of those work, I would suggest redownloading the PND, because it might not have downloaded correctly.

-God Ginrai
Ok although there were no errors I must have had a dodgy card as I put it on another and it worked.

Nevermind.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC said:
God Ginrai said:
DaveC said:
How the hell do you get this update to work? If I put the pnd on a blank card and boot the pandora I just get a whole bunch of linux apps showing in various tabs in minimenu but no hot fix icon.

If I go into XFCE I get the icon but if I execute it nothing happens, it just sits there.

If there is some other thing to do I don't know because there is not readme or instructions anywhere ;)

As long as you are running it the right way from xfce, then no, there isn't anything more you have to do. Here's a couple of things to try.

First, do you have any other hotfixes on any of your cards? This might cause some problems.
Second, how are you executing it from xfce? Just in case you did something wrong like trying to run it from Thunar or something.

If neither of those work, I would suggest redownloading the PND, because it might not have downloaded correctly.

-God Ginrai
Ok although there were no errors I must have had a dodgy card as I put it on another and it worked.

Nevermind.

Glad to hear you got it working. :)

-God Ginrai

Anybody else seeing high cpu usage in minimenu after the update? I'm seeing 25+% usage versus ~5-6% in previous versions. Plus using the touchscreen to select icons isn't working(or only works 1/50 times)...selecting tabs with the touchscreen works fine still. On the plus side, keyboard shortcuts do work. :)

GizmoTheGreen said:
is it just me or did cpu-speed utility jump to another menu? o_O

Oh, right, forgot to mention it in the changelog.
Some people requested it moving to system, since it's not a setting (it's not saved), but a system tool.

Last edited:
I find that with hotfix final (as opposed to beta 1), I can't turn the pandora with an unlabeled SD card into a mass storage device anymore. See bugreport at http://bugs.openpandora.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=141 - not sure if with a proper label, it does work, but from what I can see in the log I think it should.

EvilDragon said:
GizmoTheGreen said:
is it just me or did cpu-speed utility jump to another menu? o_O

Oh, right, forgot to mention it in the changelog.
Some people requested it moving to system, since it's not a setting (it's not saved), but a system tool.
I thought I was going crazy.

I thought it was in a differant menu, glad to see I'm not completely BONKERS! :lol:

Chris

Just installed the Hotfix 3 (downloaded from App Store) and now none of the apps I have installed work. As soon as load one it just restarts the Menu.

Anyone got any ideas?

Just installed Hotfix 3 and Dega and mupen64 don't work. Hotfix 3? More like Hotbreak 3!

Kingbiscit & silverspring have you reboot the Pandora after installing the hotfix?

Kingbiscit what menu are you using (mini or xfce)? what is the name of you Sd Card?

Legend Yod4z!

Just checked and SD Card was called "Pandora 1", removed the space and it works a treat. Thank you.

Is it normal for all the Apps on the SD Card to appear twice in the Menu? I'm using MiniMenu, all apps are in the Apps folder.

The reason is because they're in the "apps" folder. :p Under Xfce, this would cause them to appear in both the menu and on the desktop, and I gather that the side-effect in Minimenu is that they'll appear twice. Try moving them to "desktop" or "menu" instead - that should make it stop. :p

Yod4z said:
Kingbiscit & silverspring have you reboot the Pandora after installing the hotfix?

Kingbiscit what menu are you using (mini or xfce)? what is the name of you Sd Card?

Yeah, rebooted. It just goes to a blank screen. I've tried downloading the hotfix3 again.... still the same prob.

Do you have any spaces or disallowed characters in the label (the name) of your SD Card, by any chance?

Prometheus said:
Do you have any spaces or disallowed characters in the label (the name) of your SD Card, by any chance?

No, all just lowercase letters. I have simply named the sd card as sdcard
Mmmm, more investigating required!!

maybe try running from the terminal and report what result you have

silverspring said:
Prometheus said:

No, all just lowercase letters. I have simply named the sd card as sdcard
Mmmm, more investigating required!!

Post your pnd_run output. I don't see how the hotfix could have stopped those apps from working.

-God Ginrai

Ok folks, it's now working. :) Copied the entire sd card to the pc, formatted the sd card then copied the lot back. Obviously something has corrupted on the card.

Automount: Now using Label names (if the card has one) instead of mmcblk*

Hey ED didn't craig say that the whole mmcblk* things were features because they would be the same for every device. So you could always get to the card in slot one or slot two?

Back