How Gbax.com Orders Are Going??

Craigix: thank you for everything. You and your staff give your everything to the community, and it is most definately appreciated. I'm sure once all the pre-orders are shipped out (if you truly clear the first MONTH's worth of pre-orders by morning, I will be impressed) you will get a much deserved rest, as well as plenty of offers of donations and baked goods for all the work you and your staff put in (cookies for craigix anyone?).

Everyone here is just very excited at the prospect of getting what they paid for.

On a personal note,
Order confirmed on 3rd October - I'll be refreshing my inbox a lot tonight ;)

Stuck with the slow shipping (couldnt spend $30USD on 2-day), so It'll still probably be next week before it arrives, which is alright since I'm going away this week.
All I can say is *glee* ^_^

Mine turned up half an hour ago :D (Ordered Sept 21st) thanks Craig :D

Only one fraught moment when I pulled the red tab and it came off without removing the protective screen cover. I had to carefully pick at the corner with a knife trying not to scratch the screen.

Same here Battle Cattle, i ordered on the 4th. Time for obsessive compulsive email checking.

Thanks Craig for the hard work, looking forward to my new toy.

Same here, still no email, no idea what is going on... because I chose Airmail over UPS or whatever it is probably going to take two weeks anyway... So even people who order today will get theirs before me. :)

AAAAAAAAAAH WELL!!!

Mine turned up half an hour ago biggrin.gif (Ordered Sept 21st) thanks Craig biggrin.gif

I ordered on sept 22nd so mine won't be long... i hope so :p

Yeesh... you know, reading this thread full of posters who ordered a week ago and are demanding to know exactly when their new toy will be arriving, the thought that kept crossing my mind was "Imagine if all of us that pre-ordered back in September had had the same attitude" - we'd have flooded the entire forum! :)

Guys, some of us have been waiting over two months for our GP2X. During most of that time, we didn't even know in what month we'd be getting our hands on them. And you're miffed that you ordered a week or two ago and aren't being given a day? Try and keep things in proportion here!

There's a small number of people fighting to clear a large backlog of orders. It's been clear for months that this would be the situation. You'll get it as soon as they can get it to you. Pestering them so you know in advance roughly when that will happen will only slow them down and delay your order even more.

Those of us that have received our jealously-coveted "It's in the post" emails have been waiting quietly & patiently for months without any idea of how our wait will be. Try and follow that example, everyone will be a lot happier.

Yeesh... you know, reading this thread full of posters who ordered a week ago and are demanding to know exactly when their new toy will be arriving, the thought that kept crossing my mind was "Imagine if all of us that pre-ordered back in September had had the same attitude" - we'd have flooded the entire forum! :)

Guys, some of us have been waiting over two months for our GP2X. During most of that time, we didn't even know in what month we'd be getting our hands on them. And you're miffed that you ordered a week or two ago and aren't being given a day? Try and keep things in proportion here!

There's a small number of people fighting to clear a large backlog of orders. It's been clear for months that this would be the situation. You'll get it as soon as they can get it to you. Pestering them so you know in advance roughly when that will happen will only slow them down and delay your order even more.

Those of us that have received our jealously-coveted "It's in the post" emails have been waiting quietly & patiently for months without any idea of how our wait will be. Try and follow that example, everyone will be a lot happier.

I did pre-order back in September.... would be nice to know the status as people who have ordered after me already have their units and or confirmation emails...

Last edited by a moderator:
Iorgy77 said:
I did pre-order back in September.... would be nice to know the status as people who have ordered after me already have their units and or confirmation emails...

Mate, I can tell you International shipping to Oz has been really slow lately. Stuff has been taking twice as long as normal to reach me.

Someone at Kmart reckoned there was some kind of customs worker dispute which was holding up shipments coming in (she said they had crates full of goods just sitting there that they couldn't get).

Hey gaterooze, do you know if we have to pay any import free or tarrifs or anything?

Hopin' I'll get my email soon..

f59xi.gif

:)

I am in the same boat as some people. I preordered mine on 17th Sept the day I received the email saying that it was available for preorder. Received the confirmation email saying that my preorder was accepted and all. I see from the board that people who have ordered on 21st Sept have received their GP2X. I didn't even receive an email of dispatch yet, would love to know what is happening.

Skitzo said:
Hey gaterooze, do you know if we have to pay any import free or tarrifs or anything?

Shouldn't. The only customs charge nowadays is GST, but I think they only nab you for goods over AU$500.

Mine was sitting on my desk when I arrived at work today :)

Now I have to sit and work all day while it sits there, whispering to me :blink:

Gonna be a long day :lol:

I think the prolem that people who have ordered recently have, is that there is no indication on the gbax.com website that orders are delayed. It clearly states that if you order now there is no delay!

I am in the same boat as some people. I preordered mine on 17th Sept the day I received the email saying that it was available for preorder. Received the confirmation email saying that my preorder was accepted and all. I see from the board that people who have ordered on 21st Sept have received their GP2X. I didn't even receive an email of dispatch yet, would love to know what is happening.

Same here, except that I ordered a day later. I was really hoping my email would arrive last night - ho hum, it'll arrive eventually.

Andrew

Back