How Green Will Be The Pandora

Status
Not open for further replies.
PoisonedV said:
Do you think the topic creator feels alienated enough by now? ;)
They are probally are so humilated now that they went and licked thier Wii motherboard hoping for a quick end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
PoisonedV said:
Do you think the topic creator feels alienated enough by now? ;)
They are probally are so humilated now that they went and licked thier Wii motherboard hoping for a quick end.

Well, dying would significantly lessen their carbon footprint... :p

I think we should keep an open mind on both sides. Commenting like this on a 'serious' topic is neither the best way to react. I have to admit that Greenpeace does not always put the ideas well on paper but they have a point.

There are problems with toxic substances in many electronic devices and I know sometimes they are there for a reason.

That does not mean that hardware developers should keep doing what they are doing without giving it a thought... That is the role of organisations like Greenpeace. Playing the watchdog. We can disagree to a point but we should not completely ignore what they are saying. Big hardware developers should be encouraged to make things greener where possible...

That was a fair article and I agree with what they say (that each console found ways to eliminate certain hazardous checmicals but not all, but with some cooperation between the companies they could all be completely clean).

Whether it applies to the Pandora, I'm not sure I am that bothered, as long as it is safe.

atomicthumbs said:
Greenpeace is mostly a good organization
Really? I thought they were a bunch of attention whore eco terrorist hippy's...

atomicthumbs said:
Jackd said:
Really? I thought they were a bunch of attention whore eco terrorist hippy's...
That's the Earth Liberation Front. They're the crazies who burn down labs and stuff like that.

Greenpeace is peaceful, and they tend to do good things.

Don't forget ALF and sea shepherds!
Of course, thats just physical, but on the wars waged against minds with powerful propaganda, dont forget PETA, and hey, throw greenpeace in there too! Not to mention, greenpeace LOVES to risk lives by getting involved in other peoples shit!

atomicthumbs said:
Like throwing bottles of acid at people's eyes when trying to board their ships? What about physically holding people back when they try to look at a stall a seller of 4x4s has set up? No, I'm afraid they are quite violent.

Anyone know the status of the OMAP series? If I had to guess, they may as likely be ROHS as not likely. As for the PCB itself, I would say it's probably not ROHS compliant, as it would cheaper to be non-ROHS and cost is a concern in the pandora.

Orkie said:
atomicthumbs said:
Like throwing bottles of acid at people's eyes when trying to board their ships? What about physically holding people back when they try to look at a stall a seller of 4x4s has set up? No, I'm afraid they are quite violent.

Yes, I remember that.

OH, REMEMBER THAT ONE TIME, WHEN A ECO-LOSER DESTROYED A LABoRATORY THAT WAS DOING CANCER RESEARCH, because they tested on animals?

Environmentalism is fun!

The truth is the person, or rather one of the three, Patrick Moore co-founder of Greenpeace always criticizes the organization stating that it is now more of a religious political movement rather than an organization dedicated to actually helping the environment.

Of course Moore has criticized them on many levels.

So perhaps Jackd is right. Maybe we should picket the Greenpeace building with our right to game.

I recon they are as anti-human as an organization can be. Besides who is going to be having their Pandora as a side with a hamburger anyhow?

Ever played WC Privateer? I always thought of Greanpeace whever I was hailed by a Retro, Same happens in Vega Strike when hailed by a Luddite. I fear a Greenpeace rep knocking on my door more than a Mormon, or a Jehovah's Witness.

At least they go away when I say I really aint interested! If I slam my door on a Greenpeace dude, they spam me with leaflets about "How the sound from slamming doors is disturbing grass and knocking leafs from trees" or some crap.

:p

Anyone ever see the Penn & Teller Environmental Hysteria video? It's partly about Greenpeace. Very funny and very revealing! It's on youtube in 3 parts in fact:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3uttSbV3sU

Prophet said:
Anyone ever see the Penn & Teller Environmental Hysteria video? It's partly about Greenpeace. Very funny and very revealing! It's on youtube in 3 parts in fact:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3uttSbV3sU

I fuckin love bullshit. Maybe they can do an episode about mythbusters, eh? Skeptics knocking down some pseudo-scientists a notch or two.

(yes, Bullshit! is biased, but less so than environmentalist groups, but its a tv show and not a political movement)

pferguso said:
GreenPeace? What do a bunch of tree humpers have to do with the Pandora?
Nothing, which is why this thread really should be shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back