I Got It!

Jourdy288 said:
Bosbeetle said:

Hey Bosbeetle, I got a screenshot of you with 1234 posts! Mind if I post it? Not here, lol.
Also, perhaps somebody could take a video of Pandora assembly? Doesn't have to be streamed or anything, just showing us what goes into one of these as far as assembly goes.

where do you want to post it and why :p

http://forum.fok.nl/user/profile/27682 there you can make a screenshot of me having 73300 posts :p

Last edited by a moderator:
101306JHI57Derailment.jpg
ok now it's official!

atomicthumbs said:
Has anyone in the US received theirs yet?
At least one Canadian (Skeezix) has, so that's proof they're at least going out of Europe. I'm pretty sure I remember some USian saying he had gotten it, but I don't remember who.

socket said:
Yeah, at least one. They made a fun video... They're in California... The name escapes me atm.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53684-pandora-feedback/page__view__findpost__p__859729

atomicthumbs said:

... isn't Mjlink in the US?

EDIT: I remember some other people from the US saying they got theirs.

-God Ginrai

Mine was shipped yesterday but by standard air mail and I'm in the U.S as well. The email said anywhere from 2-12 days so who knows when it will come. It will be almost surreal when I do get to hold it :)

SONY said:
atomicthumbs said:

Mjlink got his. He's no.1 in America! :)

I love the vid and music ...But i am not sure i would of used a jet flamed lighter to open it .....lol...

Knowing myself if it was me it would of gone up in flames and i have waited so long for this baby ...Gotta rate the guy...he has balls :)

Mjlink said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVaMoQJ9dc
ver 2.0
YouTube Video

Detailed Review to follow

EDIT:...

Got a knock at the door, and a Pandora was sitting out there in the rain.

SIZE: It's not something you'll want to put in your back pocket. My logic is shoulder buttons and fabric won't mix, nor will pocket lint and all the openings. But its small enough to still enjoy. Don't find pockets and electronics work all that well, I recommend a case of some sort for protection in a backpack etc.

WEIGHT: Not too heavy, but not flimsy either. Lid/display certainly not as heavy as bottom of unit due to battery.

FEEL: Like the matte finish, we'll see how well this paint can hold. Everything feels in place while the shoulders feel a little foreign but are easy to adjust to. My L shoulder button feels a little stiffer than the right one. L-Analog nub needed a little time to break in, it'll happen, just be gentle, ED had a better way of wording this. Haven't used a stylus since 2004, but it feels just right and it works really well for scrolling and clicking.

LOOKs: Gangster, be prepared to start answering questions. If you're speaking with law enforcement, its always good to answer a question with a question to not incriminate yourself. Pandora's may cause a ruckus at the airport as well. Be Prepared.

LCD is crisp, no dead pixels. No complaints here.

OS: First bootup was a bit hairy. I wound up going into Midori and it just hung because I had no SD card in and also didn't do the Hotfix yet. I reset it as it appeared to be hung at a blue screen Pandora square background with a crosshair, left it there for at least 20 minutes, probably not hung, morelike me not being prepared. After reboot, I went into Xfce and this worked. It kept my initial username/password from my first Midori mix up. I entered a 2nd one just to be safe.

These can be removed once inside the OS. The interface to do it just allowed me to remove the other USERNAME but it didn't list it, which could be confusing if more than two start using the Pandora and want separate logins.

OS is impressive other than web browser at the moment. My unit turns on when a power supply is plugged in, maybe I can find a way around this or most likely the OS doesn't support it yet.

Keyboard: Solid, rough in the dark, especially when you don't remember special character positions, but this will come along in time. Keys are the glossiest part of the unit, curious to see how they'll wear or if they'll wear.

Controls: I'm gonna have to say 95% due to the shoulder buttons. They are not as solid as ABYX or D-pad. Analogs I haven't used much yet. Shoulder buttons feel strange when holding around them and not using, if you're a tight grip, you might want to be easy on them and relax your grip.

Sound: Speakers, not the loudest things, but what do you expect with something that small. Super Metroid sounded better on this than it did on a big screen TV back in 94/95. As for headphones, they are clear and sound good, can get uncomfortably loud (tinnitus/hearing loss afflict me), much louder than my iphone 2G.

ISSUES: Case when closed isn't proportional, Left side near power switch is a little more elevated and has a noticeable gap. Also another disproportion on the case lid when closed, right side is past flush while left side is almost perfect.

OVERALL: I'm happy! I really want to thank the team and all those who've worked to support this. Can't wait to see what's ahead. I'm glad 2 months is no longer a reality. From what little I've played with it in the last day, the game play and control is a step above both the GP2X F-200 and Dingoo. That's what its all about, the rest is bonus. STOKED, will make some more video and try to put some more time into editing than the crash course unboxing.

Thoughts, ?s. Let me know, I'm still learning this puppy, and will take it out on business today to kill any down time while I'm in a waiting room.

Peace, pot, & Pandora,

Link

PS I'll be changing the URL as I did a little editing to the unboxing video. Sorry about the sound, need to work on that.
PPS The battery cases are the hardest thing to open IMHO, it must have took me 5+ minutes and I didn't want to break it first time opening it. Good luck on them.

Thanks a lot for your first impressions :)

I've read the whole thread, and I don't think anyone's mentioned OCing. Actually, I haven't seen any mention of OCing anywhere on the boards. I suppose people don't want to void warranties?

^ I remember x68000 and astewardson tyke having overclocked already, maybe others too, but I'm not fully up to date yet.

Back