It Is Now Time...

First, let me say a BIG THANK YOU to Ed, and all who translated his post. Ed always explains things very well, and that is one of his strengths! I'm never left "wanting" after his posts. Time is for sure a factor at this point, and I truly believe the factory is doing there best to create a truly high quality and one of a kind item. We still have a week and a half to get some MP cases done and shipped out. Will we see all 4000 before the holidays, maybe not, but at this point we can't say for sure, that all 4000 won't be receive in the next few weeks.

Maybe working thru the holiday is a real option for the team! I'm not really sure if they wan't to pay the extra funds or not. At this point, I really think the factory should do it for free, all things being considered!

In regards to this thread going way off the rails, I will just say "Always first seek to understand, and then to be understood"! You will never go wrong with that advice. I learned it in my early thirties, and once I applied it to the world, I though I had learned the worlds best magic trick. I get the results I want 99% of the time! I've explained it to many over the years, and very few have applied it in life. Oh well!

Coming out with guns blazing, only allows for your target to shoot back or run for cover. Either way, you'll never get response you may have hoped for!

"I hope I die before I get old"
My Generation:The Who
-Pete Townshend

craigix said:
I had to drive to shittingham yesterday, managed to avoid the black on black gang violence by being white, then drove back, didn't get in until late.

Just sat down at my desk, put on some calming music (Paul Hardcastle) and checked my emails, then I checked the forums, and see this thread FFFUUUU....

But anyhow, I the team does not check the forum 24/7 (but we get close no doubt). The cases are finished. They said they think we are going to be really impressed when we see them.

I personally think we just demanded a higher standard of work that they are used to and they had to really put some hours in to match the output of a western factory.

Anyhow, they are ready to roll once we evaluate these, and they are ready to run off the cases before the new year which is good news.
Great to hear from you Craig, glad you made it back in one piece! I'm really looking forward to the next few weeks, It really looks like the factory finally gets what you guys want, and hopefully these next test cases truly are the final ones!

May I ask what is the plan for the 4000 cases? What I mean is, will the factory just ship 1000 as they are completed, or will they wait and ship as many as they can all at once right before the holiday break? Of course this is only if they are approved!

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
jumpman said:
craigix said:
I had to drive to shittingham yesterday, managed to avoid the black on black gang violence by being white, then drove back, didn't get in until late.

Just sat down at my desk, put on some calming music (Paul Hardcastle) and checked my emails, then I checked the forums, and see this thread FFFUUUU....

But anyhow, I the team does not check the forum 24/7 (but we get close no doubt). The cases are finished. They said they think we are going to be really impressed when we see them.

I personally think we just demanded a higher standard of work that they are used to and they had to really put some hours in to match the output of a western factory.

Anyhow, they are ready to roll once we evaluate these, and they are ready to run off the cases before the new year which is good news.
Great to hear from you Craig, glad you made it back in one piece! I'm really looking forward to the next few weeks, It really looks like the factory finally gets what you guys want, and hopefully these next test cases truly are the final ones!

May I ask what is the plan for the 4000 cases? What I mean is, will the factory just ship 1000 as they are completed, or will they wait and ship as many as they can all at once right before the holiday break? Of course this is only if they are approved!

Chris

I wouldn't hope, but think, that they will send them all together. It is a massive amount of cases. It would be quite expensive to send 4 packs a 1000...

Edit: What I also want to know is, if they send them in a container by ship or by plane, because everything, that is send until now, if I understood right, is arimail, what makes it faster to deliver.

craigix said:
Just sat down at my desk, put on some calming music (Paul Hardcastle) and checked my emails, then I checked the forums, and see this thread FFFUUUU...

I really don't see why you were shocked by this thread. Last info was they will ship at the weekend. And then for 3 days nothing. If you don't tell anything it doesn't mean you don't know anything. So people (or maybe only me) start wondering. I would never start such a thread if I think I know the latest informations. And my opinion is that you should communicate everything you know.

Thanks doing that now.

Something is going to go wrong again, like it always does. So, what's a realistic date based on the worst case scenario (bar the end of the world disasters and all that)? Like, the cases are not mass produced before the new year, how long do we have to wait after that for them to resume work? It was something like a month last time they had a national holiday (golden week?) So mid march 4000 cases are made, they send them over to Texas, assembly takes a week to get warmed up and prepared, few days after the first 400 are made and shipped (taking a week itself) out to craig / evil dragon / fatih place then shipped out to customers over a course of a week? That lands us in April? Or am I being optimistic with the shipping times?

user47alpha said:
craigix said:
Just sat down at my desk, put on some calming music (Paul Hardcastle) and checked my emails, then I checked the forums, and see this thread FFFUUUU...

I really don't see why you were shocked by this thread. Last info was they will ship at the weekend. And then for 3 days nothing. If you don't tell anything it doesn't mean you don't know anything. So people (or maybe only me) start wondering. I would never start such a thread if I think I know the latest informations. And my opinion is that you should communicate everything you know.

Thanks doing that now.

Maybe craig should post a thread per day: "I know nothing".
So everybody would know ;-)

That is what I am asking for.
But only if it is true. As you can see in ED's message: The team knew for days that the cares weren't done. While we were waiting for tracking information.

I really, really, really, really suggest signing up for twitter and subscribing to EvilDragon's feed to get up to the hour updates on this stuff. It should help with a lot of the anxiety, it did for me anyway.

His username is EvilDragon1717

Thanks for that man!
Never knew ED used twitter. Anything that is resembling news helps. Even when it is trivial things like tweaks to the dpad code.

Monk said:
I prefer pessimism to optimism. Optimists go through life expecting that "hings will work out OK" and frequently find that things don't go as well as they'd like. Pessimists may work a little harder, believing that things will fall apart if they don't, but when THEY are proven wrong it's a pleasant surprise not a nasty one!

Optimists see the glass half full

Pessimists see the glass half empty

Engineers see a glass that is twice as big as it should be

Realism is the way forward!

Oi Yikes... I haven't read the whole thread, I'd rather not even try. In fact, I'd like to hop a a jet right now, away to England fly. By the looks of it, this thread has gone quite awry, thus before I bid you goodbye...

Shunun, I understand where your coming from, alot (but not all) adults have shut themselves off, simply because they just want to live their lives, not because they are trying to be ignorant or anything. It's really quite a hard thing to explain, but don't blame them, blame the sick, corrupt system.

Oh, and I recommend you read Grown Up Digital, by Don Tapscott, he explains the whole dilemma very well!

FF2-350.jpg

FLAME ON!

EdCa22 said:
Engineers see a glass that is twice as big as it needs to be
You know, I came up with that on my own once and thought I was pretty clever, turns out the addition has been around for awhile. Not sure why I bring it up other than the youth/experience talk has me a little more contemplative than usual.

user47alpha said:
That is what I am asking for.
But only if it is true. As you can see in ED's message: The team knew for days that the cares weren't done. While we were waiting for tracking information.
If by "the team" you mean OpenPandora, then no, they didn't. They reported last week that the mould company said they should be shipping on the weekend. They can't be held responsible when it turns out the mould STILL had more work to do to get it perfect and they weren't informed until today.
Also, Craig was given a tracking number way back on the 15th when he believed they had shipped the first time. Presumably that is the tracking number they will use.

mali said:
@Monk
I'm repeatedly impressed by your skills explaining stuff :)

Is he an actual monk, do you suppose?

Mg the tweets from evildragon confused me alot...First there was a misunderstanding about the 3rd revision being send, and when they found out about that misunderstandment, it was shipped for real. And now, they will really ship tommorow! Wtf! Someone help me..

Back