It Is Now Time...

@Kuru
Yours isn't exactly improving my general well being... :lol:
That's the fourth time this month somebody complained about my avatar!

I'm keeping this one!!

Well, in the end it's an expression of feelings I guess. (I feel like a zombievampireghoulthingy quite frequently. And I see lots of them around. So, yeah.)

Should have said that it makes me sad seeing you kinda down since I guess you chose that particular pic because of the Pandora situation.

Edit: Heh. Reading what I just wrote instantly reminded me of the Bonnie situation. Damn fine movie.

WizardStan said:
user47alpha said:
That is what I am asking for.
But only if it is true. As you can see in ED's message: The team knew for days that the cares weren't done. While we were waiting for tracking information.
If by "the team" you mean OpenPandora, then no, they didn't. They reported last week that the mould company said they should be shipping on the weekend. They can't be held responsible when it turns out the mould STILL had more work to do to get it perfect and they weren't informed until today.
Also, Craig was given a tracking number way back on the 15th when he believed they had shipped the first time. Presumably that is the tracking number they will use.

I don't get it. I never hold the team responsible for the chinese company beeing slow. As I said before: I am not demanding good news, I only want to know whats going on. Yes, it was said that they would ship them on weekend. But until today no one thought it would be nice to tell the community that the cases were not even finished. Thats all what I criticise.

Last edited by a moderator:
borgqueenx said:
Mg the tweets from evildragon confused me alot...First there was a misunderstanding about the 3rd revision being send, and when they found out about that misunderstandment, it was shipped for real. And now, they will really ship tommorow! Wtf! Someone help me..

1: Read newest info.
2: Assume it's correct.
3: Read newer info.
4: Assume it's correct.
5: Go to 3 until Pandora in hands.

user47alpha said:
That is what I am asking for.
But only if it is true. As you can see in ED's message: The team knew for days that the cares weren't done. While we were waiting for tracking information.

As I see it, OpenPandora are generally a little shy of both bad news (understandable but not helpful) and no news (how irritating would it be to keep posting "I still know nothing" all the time?) so the logical, reasonable thing to do is assume that no news means no news. Or if you want to be pessimistic, no news means bad news. Either one generally serves up the same so far, but just assuming the bare minimum - nothing, ideally - can get you pretty darned close to what the team knows most, if not all, of the time.

jasay said:
EdCa22 said:
Engineers see a glass that is twice as big as it needs to be
You know, I came up with that on my own once and thought I was pretty clever, turns out the addition has been around for awhile. Not sure why I bring it up other than the youth/experience talk has me a little more contemplative than usual.

I love the phrase, always makes me chuckle (as it did again just now) but honestly, if a thread makes someone - anyone - actually sit back and think for a bit - I can't imagine it was a bad thread, overall.

For those skimming the middle - yes it went a little bit bad for a while, but then it came back good!

Vlynndar said:
borgqueenx said:
Mg the tweets from evildragon confused me alot...First there was a misunderstanding about the 3rd revision being send, and when they found out about that misunderstandment, it was shipped for real. And now, they will really ship tommorow! Wtf! Someone help me..

Yes yes yes but im bloody serious. Im real confused now...

Borgqueenx, please post quotes of the tweets in question. It's hard to parse through and find what you are confused about.

user47alpha said:
I don't get it. I never hold the team responsible for the chinese company beeing slow. As I said before: I am not demanding good news, I only want to know whats going on. Yes, it was said that they would ship them on weekend. But until today no one thought it would be nice to tell the community that the cases were not even finished. Thats all what I criticise.
You said "The team knew for days that the cares weren't done", and if by "the team" you meant OpenPandora, then no, they didn't. Craig said Fatih had Sunday off, and given the last information they had was that things would ship this past weekend they couldn't have learned anything new until yesterday at the earliest. At worst they knew one day before telling us that things weren't ready to ship.

It is interesting when someone makes the assumption that someone else couldn't know as much as them when at the same age, and thusly know more at a later age... I mean, it's actually kinda ignorant and arrogant to assume you are the most knowledgeable person on the planet. Also, highly unrealistic, bordering on delusional or even mentally handicapped. The fact people even humor such a person by taking them seriously, is odd.

If they ever do something like "Pandora 2" or equal, the communication between the team and the factory(s) has to be drasticaly improved! And they actualy should choose another factory, (GPH's factory?) these Chinese Factory scares me. I really want to know what's going on in there and if the Pandora Team is their only "victim". :unsure:

I agree with Backassward. But I would have added more $5 words.

edit: I'd also substitute the last comma with an ellipsis.

craigix said:
I had to drive to shittingham yesterday, managed to avoid the black on black gang violence by being white, then drove back, didn't get in until late.

Just sat down at my desk, put on some calming music (Paul Hardcastle) and checked my emails, then I checked the forums, and see this thread FFFUUUU....

But anyhow, I the team does not check the forum 24/7 (but we get close no doubt). The cases are finished. They said they think we are going to be really impressed when we see them.

I personally think we just demanded a higher standard of work that they are used to and they had to really put some hours in to match the output of a western factory.

Anyhow, they are ready to roll once we evaluate these, and they are ready to run off the cases before the new year which is good news.

oh my, i hope so much you are right. but my relentless pessimistic gut feeling tells me, that they will be "almost perfect" with just some minor minor flaw, that needs to be ironed out by another iteration. i really hope i am wrong this time.

hch said:
oh my, i hope so much you are right. but my relentless pessimistic gut feeling tells me, that they will be "almost perfect" with just some minor minor flaw, that needs to be ironed out by another iteration. i really hope i am wrong this time.
That will be where the "we will struggle forever to reach perfection, but this is close enough" attitude will come in handy. I hope.

Vlynndar said:
You're missing the item between 2 and 3: "Wait for newer info"

I am confused about the newest info. The twitter post of ED says the cases will ship tommorow.
But a while back there where misunderstandings from the case factory, and it became clear the cases where shipped back that time. But again, newest twitter post of ed says the cases will ship tommorow. Thats what im confused about.

borgqueenx said:
I am confused about the newest info. The twitter post of ED says the cases will ship tommorow.
But a while back there where misunderstandings from the case factory, and it became clear the cases where shipped back that time. But again, newest twitter post of ed says the cases will ship tommorow. Thats what im confused about.

There was never the info that the cases were shipped?

Last edited:
@Borgqueenx
Let me translate it.
Fatih's Chinese speaking friend received a message in Chinese from the mould factory and translated it to English/Turkish, in which the mould factory or the person who handles foreign clients for them claims that the finished cases will ship tomorrow. Fatih passed the message along to ED(in English or German) and ED made a tweet.

In short: Wait till shipping is confirmed. Until then ignore the tweet entirely.

EvilDragon said:
borgqueenx said:

There was never the info that the cases were shipped?
Im to lazy to search for quotes because i dont own a pc/notebook temporary.
But this tweet is i think the third where there was talk about cases shipped.

I hope we get tracking data soon, that would make me happy:)

Monk said:
jasay said:
EdCa22 said:
Engineers see a glass that is twice as big as it needs to be
You know, I came up with that on my own once and thought I was pretty clever, turns out the addition has been around for awhile. Not sure why I bring it up other than the youth/experience talk has me a little more contemplative than usual.
I love the phrase, always makes me chuckle (as it did again just now)
See, I've always thought that "half empty" and "half full" mean different things, and which one would I use would depend on context.
"Half empty" means it has been emptied, and "half full means it has been filled.

I suppose I'm just ruining a joke here though. :p

Back