Release LibreOffice for Pandora

Thanks for the update PtitSeb  I am traveling right now and will try it out this weekend.   Sorry for the delay.  I appreciate your hard work on so many wonderful releases.   If I can find somewhere with free WIFI I will download when I can.

Sorry for the long delay on trying this new update.  This new update to 5.0 is fantastic.  I have not done extensive testing, but used both writer and calc and both work wonderfully!

The first time startup is a bit slow, but not unusual.   After the first use, everything was pretty snappy quick.

When I first clicked on the menus (I use a BT mouse) at the top, there was a delay and it seemed like they were not working.  But clicking a second time the menus functioned just fine and were smooth and responsive.  So there is a bit of a delay on the menu functions, but otherwise this is just a great package.  So to be clear, at the first click, the menus take a bit to respond, but after about 5 seconds all is smooth.  Not sure why that would be happening.

Thank you for your hard work PtitSeb in porting all these amazing titles for us to use!

@lordbobjones: Glad you like it.

On my side, I found writer unstable and the menu not always useable (because of the "scroll-but-cannot-select-item" thingy with small screen). I think I may wait for next stable before putting on the repo, unless the stability issue is just me (but it happens on both my gigahertz and CC).

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for info, I have compiled (some time ago) the release 5.0.3.2 of LibreOffice and got the same behavour (both Menu issue and Stability issue). I tried again by removing gtk support to use plain X11 and while the gui now behave in a better way with the Scale factor, I still have the same issue.

I think the stability may be a side effect of the lto optimisation, so I will probably recompile everything without.

But before, I'll try the beta of the 5.1 and hopefully the menus will work fine...

Anyway, for those who are interested, the 5.0.3.2 is at the same link (it replaced the 5.0.2.2)...

Version 5.1.0beta1+ has good menu. But I still have stability issues so I'll recompile without lto to see if that improve things.

Thanks.  Travel next week so will have time to try this out!  So thankful for your hard work ptitSeb!

much faster than on Pandora then :)

Yep, not the same order of magnitude in fact. It takes around 3 days now on the Pandora, last time I tried.

I got the same with Palemoon (1h against 2days, or GCC 20 min again 1.5day).

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried with Slackware and got error in outfile

Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: Unable to get the locale encoding
LIBGL: Initialising glshim
ImportError: No module named 'encodings'
Application Error
unmount Java PND

I tried with Slackware and got error in outfile

Application Error
unmount Java PND

Ok. Not sure on how I will fix that without breaking SZ support. I'll try to think of something.

I tried different versions and they worked till 4.3. Since 4.5 no more running under Slackware. Maybe this helps. So I use 4.3. Nice work.

Joachim

I repackaged, there was an issue with Calc in build 08. I tried a thing for Slackware, but no idea if it worked or not.

Build 09

----------

• Repacked to make Calc launch

Under Slackware, I had to :

ln -s /usr/lib/libgmp.so /usr/lib/libgmp.so.3

But still :

=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/SD128/pandora/menu/libreoffice.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/SD128/pandora/appdata/libreoffice
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : runscript.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/libreoffice"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/SD128/pandora/appdata/libreoffice=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/libreoffice=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/libreoffice"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------
--------------------------------------------------------------
Setting PATH to /mnt/utmp/libreoffice:/mnt/utmp/libreoffice/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/lib/java/bin:/usr/lib/java/jre/bin:/opt/kde3/lib/qt3/bin:/opt/kde3/bin:/usr/lib/qt/bin:/usr/share/texmf/bin
Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /mnt/utmp/libreoffice/lib:/mnt/utmp/libreoffice/lib:/usr/lib:/lib
mounting Java PND
WARNING Union already mounted, using it
+++++++
Loopback devices :
/dev/loop0: [b309]:1533 (/media/SD128/pandora/menu/libreoffice.pnd)
/dev/loop1: [b309]:1432 (/media/SD128/pandora/menu/java.pnd)
Are mounted on :
/dev/loop1 on /mnt/utmp/java type squashfs (ro)
/dev/loop0 on /mnt/utmp/libreoffice type squashfs (ro)
For these Union :
none on /mnt/utmp/java type aufs (rw,noplink,dirs=/media/SD128/pandora/appdata/java=rw+nolwh:/mnt/pnd/java=rr)
none on /mnt/utmp/libreoffice type aufs (rw,noplink,dirs=/media/SD128/pandora/appdata/libreoffice=rw+nolwh:/mnt/pnd/libreoffice=rr)
/mnt/utmp/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin: /mnt/utmp/libreoffice/lib/libsqlite3.so: no version information available (required by /mnt/utmp/libreoffice/lib/libsoftokn3.so)
Application Error
[SUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------
Return code is : 4

Back