Media and Press - who should we contact?

I just noticed ED posted another video on YouTube:
[snip]
This should be a bit more suitable for promoting the Pyra than that early prototype video.
This is the video (and music) we have been talking about in one or more of the recent threads...

Wow, I feel so out of the loop now. I better get back to recovering from my cold and catch up in a couple of days.

Reactions: rSl
I have opened a thread over at teksyndicate about the Dragonbox Pyra.
https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/the-dragonbox-pyra-mini-linux-umpc/101043?u=wrath_of_khan

I'll keep it, amiga.org and dreamcast talk updated as more pyra developments roll in.
[doublepost=1462749430,1462740500][/doublepost]Hmmm I think they unlisted my Pyra thread over at teksyndicate though the forum layout is so cluttered it could be lost in there- but I doubt it.
Imo it would be good manners to at least pm me if they removed the thread for whatever reason.

Imo it would be good manners to at least pm me if they removed the thread for whatever reason.

I agree :/
Hopefully, the YouTube message I sent them will reach the Tek Syndicate crew directly, unlike a forum thread that can be unlisted by a moderator without a trace.

seems like the moderator MisteryAngel [sic] unlisted it
https://forum.teksyndicate.com/users/MisteryAngel/activity
I went and it said there was a comment, and she was the only name I saw, so I thought she commented. I figured I was too stupid to figure out how to read it.
[doublepost=1462753128,1462753021][/doublepost]
Yeah, maybe they thought of it as advertising?
This is why I am hesitant to post info at places where I am not active.

So the LinuxActionShow did talk about the Pyra today. Here is a link to the part where they talked about it They where very positive overall.

So the LinuxActionShow did talk about the Pyra today. Here is a link to the part where they talked about it They where very positive overall.

Yeah but they also got the price wrong and think the edition they want is about 300 dollars cheaper than it really is :p

Yeah but they also got the price wrong and think the edition they want is about 300 dollars cheaper than it really is :p
To be fair they did look and discuss the correct prices at first, it's just that as Chris scrolled down he noticed the US conversion on the down payment and didn't grok that that was just for the down payment.

-Neelix

To be fair they did look and discuss the correct prices at first, it's just that as Chris scrolled down he noticed the US conversion on the down payment and didn't grok that that was just for the down payment.
Since "pre-orders" are too often full priced these days, maybe one should replace the word with "downpayment".
Nearly everybody seems to get this wrong.

Last edited:
Since "pre-orders" are too often full priced these days, maybe one should replace the word with "downpayment".
Nearly everybody seems toget this wrong.

*nods* Or just add it after the word preorder. Either way, I agree that that may help reduce a lot of confusion..

-Neelix

I suggested to add "preorder" to the article title before, but that was also before ED changed the description by highlighting prizes and adding info-boxes about the downpayment.

So it looked like it would be sufficient as well. But as it seems the fact that it's a downpayment is still missable.

Problem could be however, that the article title already is pretty long and not completly readable in the article overview already.

edit: maybe one solution would be to add the word "downpayment" to the article picture instead.

no, It just needs to be added to the item title for each type of pre-order. That's how people will identify exactly which item they want, so it would remove any ambiguity.

-Neelix

no, It just needs to be added to the item title for each type of pre-order. That's how people will identify exactly which item they want, so it would remove any ambiguity.

-Neelix
like I said, the title is already pretty long. If it will be even longer, it will not be completly readable anymore at the overview page. Have a look at the german shop page(change language at the top right), where this is already the case.
For example "Pyra Vorbestellung (Mobile Ed., US-Vers.,... "
So with the Downpayment added, other Infos will be cut as well (or the Downpayment itself, if added to the end)

Hi all :)

I have just sent Thom Holwerda from OSNews.com an e-mail about the Pyra.

EDIT: I have also sent an e-mail to korben.info.

EDIT 2: @EvilDragon : may I send an e-mail to "les éditions diamond", which are editing Linux Magazine France and other publications ? Would you like a quotation for some advertisement ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Last edited:
Back