Media and Press - who should we contact?

How about Ashens on YouTube? I know he'd be late game. ( demonstrating a working unit.) But he is the reason how I( and my fiancee) heard of an Open Pandora in the first place also he gave it the best description ever.

"It's the logical inverse of an IPod Touch."

How about Ashens on YouTube? I know he'd be late game. ( demonstrating a working unit.) But he is the reason how I( and my fiancee) heard of an Open Pandora in the first place also he gave it the best description ever.

"It's the logical inverse of an IPod Touch."

Someone's already asked Ashens about this on his reddit, he meant that he'd love to do a review, but that the Pyra was too expensive for him - so he'd have to be sent one.
I believe ED talked about maybe sending him a unit a while ago, but I'm not entirely sure about it (can't find it rigt now).

Last edited:
I guess you already contacted Ashens?
Ashens, being one of the more popular YouTubers that reviews handheld stuff (incl. the Pandora) is the very first that comes to mind.
How about Ashens on YouTube?
Someone's already asked Ashens about this on his reddit, he meant that he'd love to do a review, but that the Pyra was too expensive for him - so he'd have to be sent one.
I believe ED talked about maybe sending him a unit a while ago, but I'm not entirely sure about it (can't find it rigt now).

I suppose you could also try Unbox Therapy. 5.8 million subscribers with each unboxing video getting around 2 million views

i'll probably discuss it on my "channel", but yes, i only have about 3 subscribers. and one of those is a second alias of another.

I suppose you could also try Unbox Therapy. 5.8 million subscribers with each unboxing video getting around 2 million views
I never understood this unboxing hype.
I mean, it always looks as if the box were the actual product, not its content and it always stops where it should become interesting:
Showing what the actual product is capable and incapable of.

Also, most unboxing videos look like an episode of Sesame Street:

"Look Ernie, this is my brand new Pyra box! OMG, it's white on the top! And it's white on the bottom..."
Count Count interrupts: "Oh, this is a nice box! Let's count the corners: One Corner! Two Corners! Three..."
Ernie rips it out of his hands: "Hey, there is a little magnet flap on it ... open, close, open close... Oh, and it has a little sink in it which would perfectly fit my rubber duckie! Let's just remove this filler..." Throws Pyra over his shoulder.

@sulu i love unboxing videos; it's like a remote christmas :D most of the stuff i look at i will never buy because it's too expensive or i simply don't need it. it's still kind of cool, especially when the unboxer is super happy that their product finally arrived or that the box contains some additional stuff they didn't expect :) although, all my preferred "unboxing channels" have a second video with a review of the product that i watch after the unboxing one...
i'd totally watch a sesame street episode like that btw xD

I never understood this unboxing hype.
Also, most unboxing videos look like an episode of Sesame Street:

"Look Ernie, this is my brand new Pyra box! OMG, it's white on the top! And it's white on the bottom..."
Count Count interrupts: "Oh, this is a nice box! Let's count the corners: One Corner! Two Corners! Three..."
Ernie rips it out of his hands: "Hey, there is a little magnet flap on it ... open, close, open close... Oh, and it has a little sink in it which would perfectly fit my rubber duckie! Let's just remove this filler..." Throws Pyra over his shoulder.

@sulu
i'd totally watch a sesame street episode like that btw xD

I think I liked Sesame Street once but it feels sooo loooooong agoooo. Anyway, I'm not looking at any such video unless there's a huge disclaimer at the beginning that reads something like
"No hardware was harmed in the production of this video..."

O tempora, O mores . teaching children to throw pyras over their shoulder... that we have come to this... :'(

How about a boxing event? ED doing some german smalltalk about existentialism and pokemon on the go with jazzy background music.
Strangest boxing event I have ever heard of. I guess things are different over on your side of the ocean. Here it would mostly consist of people punching each other.

Can I raise with #3?

I mean, unboxing... cool I guess. Shouldn't you guys be more envious about the people who already held it in their hands and used it for a bit, though?

Can I raise with #3?

I mean, unboxing... cool I guess. Shouldn't you guys be more envious about the people who already held it in their hands and used it for a bit, though?
There's nothing like the feeling caused by something you waited a long time for... falling apart in your hands at arrival or shortly afterwards.
Well, maybe it's comparable to relationships after all.

Last edited:
Strangest boxing event I have ever heard of. I guess things are different over on your side of the ocean. Here it would mostly consist of people punching each other.

If I get a Pyra I'm down for that..:O

As number four in the pre-pre-order list an un-boxing from me is most likely to troll the rest of you guys.
Can I raise with #3?
b30gu81.jpg

...unless you mean prototype, elvissteinjr
(Sorry)

Unbox Therapy is a horrible YouTube Channel in my opinion, seems very much paid off by companies. And very mainstream. Ashens, on the other hand, would be awesome, his viewers being some of the "nerdier" guys on YouTube and some retro gamers could be just the kind of people that would buy this device.

...unless you mean prototype, elvissteinjr
(Sorry)
Good point. Let me try really hard then... I practically had a prototype for 5 days (Gamescom) and compiled my software on it, does that count?
Not quite, no. But let me have my fun. :p

Back