Media and Press - who should we contact?

You can try the following dutch sites:
tweakers.net (popular dutch tech website, they had articles about the pandora in the past)
gamer.nl (dutch mainstream game news)

Since "pre-orders" are too often full priced these days, maybe one should replace the word with "downpayment".
Nearly everybody seems to get this wrong.
*nods* Or just add it after the word preorder. Either way, I agree that that may help reduce a lot of confusion..

-Neelix
I hope this problem gets fixed by ED. Just look at the preorder page: it's a big pile of text nobody wants to read, and then there are these eye catching products that only cost 330-400€.
You can't see the full price there. The full prices are all hidden in the big pile of text. Maybe ED could write the full price as a price tag into the image or something like that?

I hope this problem gets fixed by ED. Just look at the preorder page: it's a big pile of text nobody wants to read, and then there are these eye catching products that only cost 330-400€.
You can't see the full price there. The full prices are all hidden in the big pile of text. Maybe ED could write the full price as a price tag into the image or something like that?
I agree that it could be made even clearer and it should be changed accordingly, but claiming to be overwhelmed by such a comparatively short text that doesn't even have to be clicked to be accessed, is shown both on the general Pyra page and on each individual model's page, has DOWNPAYMENT in the first bullet point, and a bolded header (one of only three on the page) reading Versions and final prices of the Pyra doesn't seem really plausible.

Note that there is also a Right of Withdrawal within 14 days (see https://www.dragonbox.de/en/content/15-revocation for details).

Have any press kits gone out? Is there a list of where they went to?

@Grench : I've responded to this post here.

Now back on topic, how about Ars Technica as a potential site to contact, they ran a few pieces about the Pandora when it was in the pre prototype phase so they may well be willing to run an article on Pyra especially as there is a working prototype and funding for mass production.

I concur, if ED can get a review model to them it could be posted in their tech section

Is there any organization about who of us is contacting which of the suggested websites/blogs to prevent doble contacts?

Maybe ask the YouTube Channel DoktorFroid to include the Pyra in a Video, these guys love retrogaming. And with more than 670.000 Subs we would reach many (younger) people.

I know, they dont have that much money, but as said, i'm sure it would spread the message

Somehow I doubt that they see the lack of physical controls as a limitation. Many of the younger people have grown up with touch screens and are more than adept at typing on them (even without any haptic feedback).

Wouldn't say that per se, gamers who're used to consoles or PCs will probably prefer physical controls over a touchscreen.
That being said I'm not sure if DoktorFroid would really fit into the target group. Lefloid and Frodo never really seemed... nerdy enough to me.

Has a media kit been sent to:
http://www.linuxinsider.com/
?

Is there a list somewhere of what outlets have been contacted?

Also - it might be a good idea for @EvilDragon to send out a press release with something along the lines of, "It is happening! Enough pre-orders are in to make the first Pyra handheld computing & entertainment system production run a reality!"

Didn't look here for a while.
I'm still confused, if there is any place where to coordinate the contacts?
@EvilDragon Do you ahev any plans for taht or do you think that ible s place he suggested in the above post is appropriate? If so it might be a good idea to "legalize" it from you site to get some more drive in that.

One tech news site which has a perfect target audience for the Pyra would be liliputing.com/

Taken from their About us page:

Liliputing is a news and information web site covering mobile technology with an emphasis on low cost, ultraportable computers including notebooks, netbooks and tablets.

-> So in other words, perfect pyra target audience.

Back