Openpandora Ltd (UK) Struck off email

Here is my prototype of a "gun shooting into corners" :

1320262555_272022490_1-Pictures-of--Murano-Style-White-Swirl-Hand-Made-Art-Glass-Pendant-Light-Modern.jpg

Should I create a KS ?

EDIT: on a side note, that's just a reference to one of my history teacher. If you ever said De Vinci was a genuis, he would just draw a strange looking swirl on the board and say : hey look I draw a gun to shoot in corner, maybe should I get a patent for it...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think, that the prototype was just an ICP1 with a fake keyboard.

Even I could make that.

The image on kickstarter shows someone using an ICP2 with a tablet but it's more the wording that was used - surely at the very best it's extremely misleading.

If the prototype was fully working then just what went wrong other than the prototype was not as developed as stated and therefore whoever made the statement was very mistaken.

So - Companies house have suspended the strike off until Feb next year. This gives everyone more time to make it clear that you need a refund. If you ask for a refund be sure to use Open Pandora Ltd's full company name and address in the email. This email can then be used as evidence to further delay the company strike off as they can not be struck off when there are creditors actively pursuing a resolution.

I will be using my refund to top up the 200 euros I'll pay with the voucher to the full retail price of the 1GHZ unit.

For me this is all I want, to have the latest Pandora, to pay no more than a new customer, and to not be a burden on the project.

I suggest more people actually do this. I'll help via pm if you want.
Good job... since I accepted the deal with ED I think I can't do anything against Craig but I'm quite happy people without pandora won't simply let him walk away without any consequence of all his lies... even if people will probably get nothing back and he will get no problem since it's a LTD I think having a LTD crashed will make him harder to find investor in the futur...

the iCP2 project arguably had a good chance of succeeding, it is easy now to say it was doomed from the start, but if lessons were learned from Pandora it felt like it could have worked).
No, people that never admit mistakes do not learn out of theiy mistakes, because for them, they are not existent.

The whole way Craig tried to blame others (including ED) and never felt/said sorry or that he did a mistake, showed very clearly, that nothing will change

and the ICP2 was doomed from the beginning indeed, that's what I always thought.
The world isn't this black and white, your blanket statement of people that do not admit their mistakes do not learn from them is obviously not correct. Sometimes people shrug off responsibility for failures for reasons other than not appreciating the problems exist. In Craig's case I am not going to vote either way, but there was never a 'sure thing' that the project would go South, if there had of been I would have thought a lot less people would have backed it (unless you are indicating that everyone that backed it is stupid/didn't research so deserved to lose their money?).

Certainly two failures in a row, with very little responsibility being accepted sheds some pretty bad light, I wonder how many people would back him again; probably not Open Pandora / iCP2 backers, but perhaps a new audience would happily throw money at him, providing a back lash of bad press doesn't come up.

So - Companies house have suspended the strike off until Feb next year. This gives everyone more time to make it clear that you need a refund. If you ask for a refund be sure to use Open Pandora Ltd's full company name and address in the email. This email can then be used as evidence to further delay the company strike off as they can not be struck off when there are creditors actively pursuing a resolution.

I will be using my refund to top up the 200 euros I'll pay with the voucher to the full retail price of the 1GHZ unit.

For me this is all I want, to have the latest Pandora, to pay no more than a new customer, and to not be a burden on the project.

I suggest more people actually do this. I'll help via pm if you want.
Good job... since I accepted the deal with ED I think I can't do anything against Craig but I'm quite happy people without pandora won't simply let him walk away without any consequence of all his lies... even if people will probably get nothing back and he will get no problem since it's a LTD I think having a LTD crashed will make him harder to find investor in the futur...
I am getting a refund! So there's a good chance you can to. I think OPL will refund anyone stopping them from striking off because, with objecting creditors, companies house will just keep suspending the strike off request.

Since ED did not receive the money you paid to OPL, and was offering a discount as a good will gesture and had no legal obligation to do so, you can, and IMHO should at least ask OPL for a refund and send this correspondence to companies house to further delay their plan to simply walk away.

I am getting a refund, this has been confirmed and the money has been transferred from OPL to by bank. I will be donating most of it back to the community so that all I've paid overall is the cost of a brand new 1GHz unit. It will be a little while, but I'm defiantly getting a refund. This proves that Craig is lying about not having the money for refunds.

Those who paid by google wallet can start a dispute with google now. You just need your original google wallet invoice for the order code.

http://support.google.com/wallet/bin/request.py?hl=en&contact_type=claimb&rd=1

It is strictly over the deadline, but they are looking at cases with Open Pandora Ltd because of the trouble they have had with them, btw, OPL are now banned from google wallet.

Maybe I got lucky, but I think more should try, if only to disprove OPL's pleas of poverty.

By the way, how do you donate to the fund? Anyone got a link?

Well done, chap!

If others (including the ones that accepted EDs offer back then) follow your lead,

EDs debts towards the investors may get a little smaller and more people get their Pandoras too.

Link not active anymore.

Edit: Ninjad by crow_riot

Do you have the refund or do you have the promise of getting a refund?

The refund is with my bank! Its been refunded to the card I originally paid with which is now a dead account, I had my bank trace it and they are in the process of transferring it into my live account, so basically yes, I have the refund, its left OPL and my bank have it... I just can't access it yet.

I guess OPL has no assets but Craig has enough personally to pay off at least one person to try to get the strike off happening. He must see this route as less expensive than filing for liquidation because only a handful of people will opt for it. But since the word is out on the forum I doubt this will end up being the case.

I think there's a whole lot of this story that we don't know, and will never know. But, after looking at all the details here and back through my correspondence with OPL, I now distrust everything OPL have said. I'll keep the details of my thoughts to myself, but its nothing that hasn't crossed everybody's mind I'm sure.

Anyway, whatever happens, I'll finally own a pandora!!! Better late than never huh? Seems strange to be looking forward to getting one again after so long.

The refund is with my bank!
So, not so broke after all, eh?

Here's what i planned and currently doing (no legal advice, IANAL):
Any news from you, eazrael?

That there is a process for UK residents and that Stuart Fox got served this quickly came as no surprise, because it was already figured out long ago that Craig's strategy is to buy pesky claimants out of the way one by one (for example http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/14679-craigs-selling-more-pandoras-on-ebay-for-%C2%A3135/?view=findpost&p=283564).

But if you succeed, that means the area from which the claims can come just got bigger.

And each claim apparently pushes striking off the company further.

This is interesting not only because of Craig, actually, but also because of some other purchases in the EU area I have tagged as "money lost". I've never pursued my money, I have simply figured it is not worth the effort..

(Difference is that the Pandora was back then easily the most expensive purchase I ever made from abroad. In fact, during the year I preordered it, it was easily the most expensive electronic device "bought" into our household... but then again, I have finally gotten a Pandora from ED now, though I had to pay extra to get it.)

He must see this route as less expensive than filing for liquidation because only a handful of people will opt for it. But since the word is out on the forum I doubt this will end up being the case.
He's more likely trying to avoid impending investigation on OPL at all costs.

The only thing I am worried about is that we don't know where the iCP2 Kickstarter money is that he got... I sure hope he doesn't use that...

The only thing I am worried about is that we don't know where the iCP2 Kickstarter money is that he got... I sure hope he doesn't use that...

Do not even go there ED, in fact erase the thought from your mind.  At this point, thoughts like that are too close to home.

That's pretty much Craig's MO - taking money from one project/preorder to cover the screwups of the other. If there is any ICP2 money left I'm certain that's where it'll be going.

But do you honestly think Craig will return the ICP2 funds? I don't, so it probably doesn't make a difference.

The refund is with my bank!
So, not so broke after all, eh?

Here's what i planned and currently doing (no legal advice, IANAL):
Any news from you, eazrael?

Nope, no reaction, fund back or delivery of a pandora.  Mailed to Companies' House and got a request for evidence. More Information in this Thread: http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/14571-has-anyone-at-all-managed-to-get-ahold-of-craig/?p=293249

Always forget to check one of the two threads :\

I think i have to wait until my set dead line has elapsed. This is in two weeks, so much time to react.

Please allow me a little bit of sick (and personal) humor on this serious topic:

7BRPYTB.jpg

Back