Openpandora Ltd (UK) Struck off email

Maybe you really think Craig really paid for that refund here and anything to the contrary is a guess based on nothing.
Ramboky's point was precisely that ALL guesses on who paid are based on nothing until Google give Stuart gets more info (in answer sswam's post that Google gave the money). You guys are twisting this up so some very simple points become about as clear as one of Craig's posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ramboky's point was precisely that ALL guesses on who paid are based on nothing until Google give Stuart gets more info (in answer sswam's post that Google gave the money). You guys are twisting this up so some very simple points become about as clear as one of Craig's posts.
And it's my point that it's pretty damn clear that Google paid the money. But think whatever you want.

The author-section in your quote is incorrect. Ramboky wrote that.
Yeah I fixed it, sorry about that. I started by quoting you when I meant to quote him...

Ah, okay. You said "it sounds like" in your earlier post which wasn't quite as certain as "pretty damn clear". But now your stance is, well, pretty damn clear. Either way, whatever you believe (and I suspect you're right), we don't yet know the actual facts. And of course I will always think whatever I want - lovely to have your blessing on that. 

No point arguing about it - yes - its a shitty situation but there are two choices, do nothing and don't moan, or take what little action is available - This thread now has a good amount of information about what action is still available to people in the UK and Internationally should you want to take it. 

I guess if you don't intend to do something to resolve it then move on.

I do worry a lot, and to be honest, I'm very happy that I will be able to resolve my own issues with this, as I'm the sort of person who would always get stressed about it every time I used the Pandora. 

If I'd have simply got the voucher, knowing that Craig kept my money and it had to be supplemented by donations, I'd have felt guilty and angry every time I thought about it. I know I know, I have issues... but thats why I'm pretty happy to have some sort of resolve, even if it is a little unclear how or why it happened.

@comradekingu BTW - Just visited Oslo last weekend - very interesting place - loved the docks with the cool bars and restaurants.

The accounts and all invoices etc for all the companies need to be looked at to ensure everything is above board - every day that is looking more and more necessary!

If that does not happen then most people will assume that Craig is dishonest and I for one am praying that this is not the case after supporting everything that has been done upto the 1 ghz preorder debacle!

The accounts and all invoices etc for all the companies need to be looked at to ensure everything is above board - every day that is looking more and more necessary!
I strongly suspect that is not going to happen.

D.

D.
That is exactly what will happen if Craig is forced to liquidate the company rather than having it struck off.

and since some of the debts have being transfered from customer to Google, I suspect he'll face hard time if he try to avoid that...

That is exactly what will happen if Craig is forced to liquidate the company rather than having it struck off.
Well, let's wait and see. If it happens at all, it will be another few years at least.

D.

Well I have had some interesting exchanges with Google Wallet. They said they couldn't do anything as it was past a 180 day period. Pushing a bit more, they recommended I initiate a chargeback (which I can and will do if needed but is a postal thing here so longer and trickier).

When requesting more information for the chargeback claim, they sent me a mail saying they issued a refund. Yay! I sent a thank you mail back.... and got a mail apologising for the misinformation in their previous mail and that, actually, I wasn't getting a refund. Sigh... I don't really want to make this about Google Wallet - this situation is in no way their fault but weird how the results are differing. You can imagine how the refund mail followed by retraction was more than a little frustrating.

Well I have had some interesting exchanges with Google Wallet. They said they couldn't do anything as it was past a 180 day period. Pushing a bit more, they recommended I initiate a chargeback (which I can and will do if needed but is a postal thing here so longer and trickier).

When requesting more information for the chargeback claim, they sent me a mail saying they issued a refund. Yay! I sent a thank you mail back.... and got a mail apologising for the misinformation in their previous mail and that, actually, I wasn't getting a refund. Sigh... I don't really want to make this about Google Wallet - this situation is in no way their fault but weird how the results are differing. You can imagine how the refund mail followed by retraction was more than a little frustrating.
180 days? That's incredibly generous, is there some regulation where you live that requires that? Around here you get basically 60 days with the credit card issuer and after that there's not likely to be much that you can do, other than file a lawsuit.

Even Amazon which has a pretty generous guarantee limits it to 90 days, 6 months is quite a long time to be allowed to file a claim.

I honestly don't know but you're probably right that it's location-based because I think Stuart said he had been told it was 90 days and he is in the UK. I'm in Ireland. Yes, 180 days seems generous for normal use but if guess we can see here how quickly a few Two Months can go beyond that, fuelled by misinformation. I suspect I will not get a refund from this process at this stage (and really only want it if Google Wallet actually get the money from OpenPandora because it's not right that Google should have to pay for it themselves obviously) but I looked into the UK processes and can't avail of them due to my location. But I'm currently looking into what I can do from here.

im starting to think that maybe my refund was a mistake. Maybe they made the same mistake with BeefJerky and quickly corrected it before the actual refund was triggered.

I did ask my contact about others in the same situation but he just told me that each case had to be considered induvidually.

They also said that they could claim my refund back if opl disputed it within 4 weeks which suggests they will be taking on the debt from me and persuing it with opl themselves.

Honestly, i was not expecting any result and i only really wanted to persue all options available out of interest... and it has been interesting.

I don't know, I think it probably wasn't a mistake at the time but perhaps they didn't realise then that a) there would be many more people looking for mediation/refunds and b ) OpenPandora might not pay up. I think they probably hope to get that money from OP, if they haven't already. I suspect my false refund mail happened because they copied and pasted info from their system that was from your refund (it's often easy to see their copy/pastes as font sizes come in differently). It was disappointing but I don't blame them - was just a mistake. I don't want to give Google Wallet a hard time because none of this is their fault. I guess I just know that they have a LOT more muscle than I do, especially as I am having a harder time making claims here from Ireland. If they do genuinely think they can get money from OP, I'd love to be added to that claim. But I'm still going other routes too.

I don't know, I think it probably wasn't a mistake at the time but perhaps they didn't realise then that a) there would be many more people looking for mediation/refunds and b ) OpenPandora might not pay up. I think they probably hope to get that money from OP, if they haven't already. I suspect my false refund mail happened because they copied and pasted info from their system that was from your refund (it's often easy to see their copy/pastes as font sizes come in differently). It was disappointing but I don't blame them - was just a mistake. I don't want to give Google Wallet a hard time because none of this is their fault. I guess I just know that they have a LOT more muscle than I do, especially as I am having a harder time making claims here from Ireland. If they do genuinely think they can get money from OP, I'd love to be added to that claim. But I'm still going other routes too.
Who knows. I would have been surprised if anybody gets money back at this point.

Short of a proper court case in the regular court, I just can't imagine anybody getting any money. An invoice might get an award against craig's company, but I have yet to see anybody come up with a plausible scenario under which that translates into getting money back.

It's good to see the "don't bother" rhetoric is still flowing here, even in the face of being completely wrong. 

Outside the UK I the chances of a refund are probably very low. Within the UK, through the small claims court they are significantly better. And there's no reason, no matter where you live, to not file an objection to the strike off.

It's good to see the "don't bother" rhetoric is still flowing here, even in the face of being completely wrong. 

Outside the UK I the chances of a refund are probably very low. Within the UK, through the small claims court they are significantly better. And there's no reason, no matter where you live, to not file an objection to the strike off.
0% is still 0%. You can't take Craig to court personally without evidence that he's personally legally liable and I have yet to see you put forward a theory of law that would make that so. You file the papers against his company, maybe he shows up, maybe he doesn't. You lose a day of work either way and you get a worthless judgment that comes out of a company that he claims has no money. What's more, if you lose, you're likely to be the one that's on the hook for the court costs.

You'll need to pay the costs of any relevant witnesses and anything that ED or the other team members say is unlikely to be admissible unless they actually come and testify.

The system isn't quite the same as it is in the US, but it's not anywhere near as cheap or convenient as you seem to think it is and even a cursory scan of the advice given on the UK small claims court system suggests that you're being hopelessly naive. It's small claims court, not no evidence court.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have his books and such in the public records, but by the same token, you're a naive fool if you think things are as cut and dried and cost effective as you're suggesting. We don't have access to any of the things that would be need to make a decent case and who knows if any of that exists. AFAIK, the small claims court doesn't have the powers to subpoena third parties or enforce judgments that the other courts do.

Stopping the struck off is just one email that doesn't cost anything.

If he can strike off the company, then nothing will be checked and the company with all its liabilities and mysteries is gone.

If striking off is stopped, there willm be a full insolvency procedure, which means the companies accountings will be thoroughly checked. In case he did anything illegal (i.e. like moving money to his own or to the iCP accounts) he'll be held personally responsible for it.

There's still an awful lot of money (about 130,000 EUR) where we have no idea where that went.

Back