Openpandora Ltd (UK) Struck off email

I think, whatever happens, Craig is coming out of this smelling of fresh cinnamon buns while the do do has been dumped on everyone else.

Well done, chap!

If others (including the ones that accepted EDs offer back then) follow your lead,

EDs debts towards the investors may get a little smaller and more people get their Pandoras too.

Edit: Ninjad by crow_riot
not much smaller through, I think, once there'll be too many people asking for a refund he won't pay anymore I think. he's probably just trying to avoid the stricking being blocked by only one or two peoples... but hell, all the people who still have nothing should try to block the strike...

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the google wallet refund inquiry. Also filed a complaint with the norwegian branch of European consumer centre. Asked them to look over the books of openpandora ltd. while i was at it.

ECC has regional offices in every EU country, file a complain with them, (second link)

all that is needed is the order email, proof of purchase, and prior complaint sent to op ltd.

The more complaints that tick in, the less of a chance for him to liquidate his company without dividing its assets
Not to mention criminal investigation.

I see no reason why that shouldnt also be done even if you have gotten your pandora through the legally seperate offer from EDs openpandora GmbH.

Other things you can do is make an account on http://www.trustpilot.com/ and

Mark_It_Zero_by_Thirty3Grafix.jpg

MARK IT ZERO!

I am getting a refund! So there's a good chance you can to. I think OPL will refund anyone stopping them from striking off because, with objecting creditors, companies house will just keep suspending the strike off request
Fantastic to hear you have managed to get a refund. Really didn't expect that at this stage. I went the Google Wallet mediation route but got a mail saying that they only do that within 180 days. You mentioned the time limit too - did you get the same mail?

I am getting a refund! So there's a good chance you can to. I think OPL will refund anyone stopping them from striking off because, with objecting creditors, companies house will just keep suspending the strike off request
Fantastic to hear you have managed to get a refund. Really didn't expect that at this stage. I went the Google Wallet mediation route but got a mail saying that they only do that within 180 days. You mentioned the time limit too - did you get the same mail?
I did get that email - and I replied saying thanks, and explaining that it wasn't a simple 'order goods' situation but a 'crowdsourcing' excersise. I suggested they look at their crowd sourcing policies and look into OPL as they had done this to a lot of people. A few days later I get a notification of a refund pending. 

I don't know if this was a response to my online court claim, or if google wallet did this but it happened so its worth pushing them a little as I did. They mention 'mediation' and solving it 'together' so maybe they approached OPL and the combination of this, the strike off blocks and my court claim prompted them do do it. I don't know for sure.

wallet_cr_logo_words.png
 Safe & Secure

Hello Stuart, 

Thank you for your email. At this time, mediation service is only available for Google Wallet orders that were placed in the last 90 days.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Ron

The Google Wallet Team

wallet_cr_logo_words.png
 Safe & Secure

Hello Stuart,

Thank you for contacting us about Google Order #. We no longer allow OpenPandora Ltd to process orders using Google Wallet. As your account shows that you have already been charged for this order, we have issued you a refund to the credit card used to place this order. 

Refunds can take up to an additional three business days to appear on your credit card statement. If the refund does not appear, please contact your bank for more information. To see which credit card was used in this transaction, visit 

If the refund is successful and the seller provides sufficient evidence that your order was completed according to our Terms of Service and their published policies, you may be recharged for this order. If you don't hear from us within four weeks, please consider this refund final.

If you'd like to place a new order with this seller outside of Google Wallet, please do so at your own risk. Alternatively, to view a selection of other stores using Google Wallet, please visit 

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this order may have caused you.

Sincerely,

Ron

The Google Wallet Team

wallet_cr_logo_words.png
 Safe & Secure

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for contacting Google Wallet!

To recap, you've requested for a mediation about the refund for your order.

Together, we were able to resolve your issue by providing a refund to your payment method used in the order as we no longer support the merchant.

It was a pleasure assisting you today.

If you have any more questions, please reply to this email. I'm happy to help!

Thanks!

Ron

The Google Wallet Team

Thanks for that info, Stuart. Really appreciate it. I will push a little harder and see how I get on. I am not in the UK so can't follow some of the other things you did but I'm looking into processes from here. Thanks for the help.

So was it really Craig who provided the refund and not Google?
They used the word 'Mediation' and they said 'together, we were able to resolve your issue'. 

I also figured the money would have had to have come from somewhere. Google aren't just going to hand out refunds themselves unless they had a certain amount of OPL's funds frozen like PayPal do when theres any dispute or suspicion of shenanigans.

Also, the initial, can't help response was followed by the can help response shortly after they would have got the county court claim in the post. But, honestly, who knows. I'm just sharing exactly what I did. Maybe I did just get lucky.

Another forum member has suggested I, or someone put together all the steps we can still take in an organised post. I may work through the thread and collect everything in an ordered manner - a kind of check list for those who still want to try and do something about the situation. I will try and label the actions that are only available to UK people and those that are free to carry out from any location... I'll try and get around to that soon.

"We no longer allow OpenPandora Ltd to process orders using Google Wallet. As your account shows that you have already been charged for this order, we have issued you a refund to the credit card used to place this order."

This really doesn't sound like they procured new money from OPL for your refund. When they say "together" in the last e-mail it sounds like they're referring to you along with them, not OPL. It sounds like Google may be assuming liability for OPL on account of no longer supporting them, since you could have no realistic method of contacting the company anymore and Google could be construed as responsible for terminating that option.

As far as I'm aware, you can withdraw money from Google Wallet almost immediately, so long as we're not talking about payouts from Google themselves. I don't think Craig would have left much money there. And I believe his Wallet account has been closed for years now. If Google had been keeping some amount of the order money to themselves all this time I have a very good feeling that Craig would have been vocal about this and blamed Google for inability to deliver Pandoras or provide refunds.

@StuartFox.

Perhaps ask Google if they got the money from OP Ltd.   For those that paid via Google Wallet (or similar) ,  it really doesn't matter if it's Google alone that's providing refunds - a refund is a refund

I would expect, even if Google did pay, they'd try to recover the money from Craig. I don't know Google terms and conditions for merchants but I imagine they this kind of scenario well covered. 

Either way, it's good news for Stuart and could be for others too. 

Well I've asked the question, also asked what other google wallet customers in the same situation can do.

Hi Ron,

Thanks again for this, its been a difficult situation and I am extremely grateful for the help in resolving it so thank you!

Before I emailed you I had a county court claim as well which hasn't been responded to as yet. I've informed the county court of this refund. 

I have a huge amount of evidence that I paid for something, was promised it over and over again, and received nothing so if there is a dispute, I hope I'll have a chance to defend it.

Can I ask how you were able to resolve this in the end? Did OpenPandora Ltd agree to give the refund?

As you may know, this company have been ignoring refund requests from a lot of people who paid up front in return of a promise of goods when they were developed, only to receive nothing. Is there any hope for the others who also paid by Google Wallet?

Thanks

Stuart

Nice, Google gave you money.

If 100 people try this on however I doubt Google will cough up refunds for everyone.

Nice, Google gave you money.

If 100 people try this on however I doubt Google will cough up refunds for everyone.
1) You don't know whether the money came from Google or Craig.

2) They have a better chance of a refund from Google than Craig anyway because Craig doesn't give a fuck.

3) You've made your position on this clear more than enough times so please take your defeatist attitude elsewhere. There are people here who have legitimate claims and deserve to have something done about it.

He's right though. It was probably Google and they probably won't keep doing it for everyone. By no means should that stop anyone from trying, but it's good to have some understanding of reality.

Although we don't know how many people ordered with Google Wallet in the first place.

He's right though. It was probably Google and they probably won't keep doing it for everyone. By no means should that stop anyone from trying, but it's good to have some understanding of reality.

Although we don't know how many people ordered with Google Wallet in the first place.
The problem is it's not reality, it's just guesses based on nothing. Sure, it may be the case but why continue to post discouraging crap when ultimately people have nothing to lose by trying?

Reality: By filing an objection and/or claim you may get nothing.

Reality: By not filing an object/and or claim you will get nothing.

I'm not really arguing with you Exophase but sswam has been one of the most prolific and ardent supporters of Craig and he still is. Anything he posts should be taken with a large grain of salt. Or preferably ignored completely.

Anything he posts should be taken with a large grain of salt. Or preferably ignored completely.
All of his words are obviously calculated to have the effect, that nobody even tries to get Craigs books opened and/or refunds.

Keep that in mind, folks. It has been like this for years.

I say, let's finally make the OpenPandora "open" and see, what really happened.

ramboky said:
The problem is it's not reality, it's just guesses based on nothing. Sure, it may be the case but why continue to post discouraging crap when ultimately people have nothing to lose by trying?

Reality: By filing an objection and/or claim you may get nothing.

Reality: By not filing an object/and or claim you will get nothing.

I'm not really arguing with you Exophase but sswam has been one of the most prolific and ardent supporters of Craig and he still is. Anything he posts should be taken with a large grain of salt. Or preferably ignored completely.
No one, including sswam, is saying that claims shouldn't be filed. Just that it's not really realistic that everyone is going to get a refund (and this is true even if - or rather especially if Craig is paying). I think he was being sincere when he said it was nice that at least one person got a refund. Maybe you really think Craig really paid for that refund here and anything to the contrary is a guess based on nothing. I (and others) take a very different read on the situation that I think I've adequately defended.

I don't agree with this mentality that everything he says should be ignored because he supported Craig. And I especially don't agree with these accusations that he's Craig's shill or somehow acting dishonestly to protect him at everyone's expense and I think they need to stop. I've hardly been on sswam's side on pretty much anything but you guys are really starting to smell like a lynch mob desperate to go after the next best thing in Craig's absence.

Back