Pandora At Tidc News!

untitled4di0.png

If this thing is supposed to be released in april/may then we need to be seeing some real shit. really soon. Either that or the hoax is up.

I have all the faith that this is real and we will be seeing some nice things really soon.

C B Felterbush said:
If this thing is supposed to be released in april/may then we need to be seeing some real shit. really soon. Either that or the hoax is up.

I have all the faith that this is real and we will be seeing some nice things really soon.
How disappointing it would be if it were indeed a hoax.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at it this way: if it isn't released in April/May it gives you more of a chance to obsessively speculate and post nonsense.

Senor Quack said:
it gives you more of a chance to obsessively speculate and post nonsense.
Even though I thought this would never happen, the whole "speculate" thing is getting old. As for the "nonsense", it seems to be on the rise.

JerryG20 said:
craigix said:
We just got done with this and will post some info and photos soon, im back in the uk on monday!
So, what kind of soon is this (is it along the lines of most of the "soon's" involved with the Pandora thus far, meaning quite a while?)? By soon did he mean until he comes back (I wouldn't think so because I don't think soon means 4+ days to upload pictures). I can't wait to see the pictures, though.

Note: I'm not trying to sound harsh. I know that Craig and others are really busy and have a lot to do. The only thing I was writing about was the use of his words (one thing to say it'll take a while to post pictures because you're busy, but another to again promise you'll do something "soon," etc.). Please don't take offense to this post.

atomicthumbs said:
he means monday, when they get back to the UK
Maybe not? I guess they can wait forever to post pictures because everybody always forgets about the wait and gives the praises as them being gods when they do post the pictures. I am still waiting eagerly though for pictures, but we have been waiting a lot longer than the Pandora people tell us at nearly every stage or promise (maybe they should start to factor this in everytime they seem to make a promise, like how long it took for renders, to update the website with a FAQ (which they said was also "soon" but took over a month, right?), etc.).

JakeK said:
April fools anyone?

From a technical point of view I would say the people who talk know what they are saying. This does not prove Pandora will ever exist :)

On the other hand, if Craig was doing such a joke, I am not sure the community would pardon him. And I don't think he would be silly enough to engage in such a dangerous way :unsure:

JakeK said:
April fools anyone?
Oh stop trolling. I'd hardly think so at this point, even though the first clue to the existance of the project was indeed done in the form of an April Fools joke last year (which turned out to be real after all, so posting the clue in the form of an April Fools joke was in fact a recursive April Fools joke). Many people have claimed it must be a hoax, but I for one am inclined to believe it's real - if it was a hoax it's already hurting Craigix' own business by making people not buy the F-200. If it's real he'll make up for the lost F-200 sales soon enough.

Haha some of yall are pretty goofy if you think this is some long awaiting april fools joke, "Oh no, it maybe a hoax, we'll never see anything like it in are lifetime" if there was ever a joke like that, the people who would try to pull something like that are the most pathetic excuses for nerds I have ever seen in all honesty. Don't take what I say out of context, you know what I mean.

A good amount of people are buying the F-200 I'm sure Craigix will vouch for that.

To make something else clear, TIDC is a closed format show, the most videos you will see on youtube even relating to the show is 2. Certain things can not be taped, pretty much it all gets some form of coverage STRICTLY for promotion. TI is notorious for making damn sure only the stuff they want to get out, gets out.

As for as pics they will come, Craigix is a good man I take him at his word. (even though this is the same man that is always too busy to update his site more frequently but he tries, God bless him)

And in all honesty, I bet they are all looking through these forums laughing and trying to find out where to start.

C B Felterbush said:
Ok, enough is enough, this was all a big hoax. It had you going for a good while though didn't it?

:ph34r:

Squidge said:
C B Felterbush said:
Ok, enough is enough, this was all a big hoax. It had you going for a good while though didn't it?

Thank God we don't have to pretend anymore! :rolleyes:

A few points about the delay of Pandora@TIDC photos:

1. Craigix didn't start this thread. Perhaps they don't actually want prototype photos released yet?
2. Their hotel room most likely had a broadband connection, so if they'd wanted to post photos, they could have done so immediately. No need to wait for them to return to the UK.
3. There may have been restrictions on photography during the conference.

x68000 said:
Squidge said:
C B Felterbush said:

Thank God we don't have to pretend anymore! :rolleyes:

TI is actually a hoax and Craig is MI6, MWeston is CIA and ED is whatever the name of the German spook agency is. They are all trying to infiltrate the hacker community so that when Nintendo, Sony or any other multi-billion dollar company introduces a closed hand held it will damn well stay closed.

Honest, I read it on the 'net so it must be true.

Just setting up a little blog section on the homepage and you will get to see some photos and more information in there (around the weekend most likely).

If squidge wants to post photos of his dev board (did the second one arrive yet s? I sent it yesterday) he can.

We will never rush anything and we have said this many times already.

Once you all see the pandora boards in the next week or so we will then do some serious testing/ release some youtube videos, then if everything is ok there we will start to look at taking preorders for those first 100 units.

I wouldn't have thought most people would want pictures of the current dev boards as searching for omap via google images gives you several pictures of them anyway.

Back