Pandora At Tidc News!

Laurent said:
Hum it's a 3430, and it looks like it's an X version, engineering sample...
Yeah, it is an older chip. I'm not about to remove chips used for assembly from their comfy vacuum sealed bags. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
2313272340_ce18a9f9d6_o.png

atomicthumbs said:
But that's a Beagle board. Are we using that as the dev board for the Pandora? :huh:
The board at post 74 isn't :)

Squidge said:
Photos of what? You know what the console looks like, and what else are they going to take photos of? For all we know, they may not have been allowed to take photos!
Pff, Photos are not that important. I think people just want INFORMATIONS, INFORMATIONS, INFORMATIONS! :) At least I want Informations. What happend at this strange "Tidc", wo was talking about what, which persons talked about the Pandora, what was they talking, what are they planing, who, where, when, why...etc. ^_^

INFOS!!!!!! :D

*waitwaitwaitwait...*

fusion_power said:
want INFORMATIONS, INFORMATIONS, INFORMATIONS!

- Who are you?
- The new number 2
- Who is number 1?
- You are number 6
- I am not a number, I am a free man!
(number 2 laughing out loud)

Sorry could not resist :p

fusion_power said:
Pff, Photos are not that important. I think people just want INFORMATIONS, INFORMATIONS, INFORMATIONS! :) At least I want Informations. What happend at this strange "Tidc", wo was talking about what, which persons talked about the Pandora, what was they talking, what are they planing, who, where, when, why...etc. ^_^
They said "Before we begin, please sign this NDA..." :)

Squidge said:
fusion_power said:
They said "Before we begin, please sign this NDA..." :)

The same people who released all Informations about the OMAP Chipset at the TI Homepage? :lol: What else could be NDA if every spec is available at the Internet? ^_^

Maybe they wanted to ensure the information that got released they had strict control over, rather than letting everyone take photographs & videos?

C B Felterbush said:
Love to see some picts.
judging by some of the latest forum posts they are still working out the headphone/volume slider ports or something so I doubt a complete functioning unit with plastic case and trimmings is ready yet..

I want to see it as soon as possible as much as everyone but I hope they don't rush it because everyone is so eager! would rather wait an extra couple months and have it polished.

craigix said:
Just setting up a little blog section on the homepage and you will get to see some photos and more information in there (around the weekend most likely).

If squidge wants to post photos of his dev board (did the second one arrive yet s? I sent it yesterday) he can.

We will never rush anything and we have said this many times already.

Once you all see the pandora boards in the next week or so we will then do some serious testing/ release some youtube videos, then if everything is ok there we will start to look at taking preorders for those first 100 units.
I don't think that the posts they made about the headphone jack and volume slider were spontaneous and were suddenly an issue after this post, so those shouldn't be affecting pictures, could they (why else would he make a post like this only to make a post the next day about the headphone jack and volume slider?)? I imagine it's taking their time, but when this post was made I would think that they were already aware of the problem with the headphone jack and volume slider issue.

I guess this weekend was not likely :(

........ So where are these pics that where meant to be up by this weekend? Are they hidden on openpandora.org somewhere?

^ Judging from forum posts in the past week, the guys are thooper-busy finalising hardware components. If that's what's keeping them from posting pics online, then I think we're all for it. ;)

Okay it looks like pictures of the stuff was released a week or so ago because the NDA expired and TI therefore said it was okay, right? Then can we get more info about the booth (or whatever it was) that the Pandora has at TIDC? Can we get pictures of the booth and more information about what actually happened there (this thread is ridiculously long and has barely any information about Pandora at TIDC News; it was like premature when it was made by the author because the didn't have the news himself but just said "PUT it here!")?

Back