Pandora pandora repo/website/native app-manager development

UPDATE:

• you can now login or register without javascript (if you have it disabled).

this looks like yesterdays update but it is not, yesterdays update made the login/register boxes show up but not function... now they function :) good times.

UPDATE:

• added ability to request forgotten details to non javascript people
  • made it so when you login/logout it takes you to the last page you were on (both ajax and non ajax)

UPDATE:

• implamented the new PXML schema (checks to make sure the xml conforms to the official PXML schema)
  • allows strings in the version number ( please be carfull when creating ur PXML files).
  • seems to check versions numbers (which includes strings) fine :) (thank god for version_compare())

along with the new PXML spec this brings new problems for existing apps, all the apps are going to need updating if they want to conform with the official spec .... :( (it needs to be done im afriad).

I don't understand much of this technical stuff, but I think you doing it right. :D

Anyway, I would suggest a feature that shows up a Screenshot of each app in the detail view somewere around the description of each app. A Pic says more than 1000 words, so a decent screenshot would be very helpful. :) ...Just if this is not already suggested. ^^""

milkshake said:
UPDATE:

• implamented the new PXML schema (checks to make sure the xml conforms to the official PXML schema)
  • allows strings in the version number ( please be carfull when creating ur PXML files).
  • seems to check versions numbers (which includes strings) fine :) (thank god for version_compare())

along with the new PXML spec this brings new problems for existing apps, all the apps are going to need updating if they want to conform with the official spec .... :( (it needs to be done im afriad).

Sup milkshake. Good to see you're going along well on this :) If you want any extra hands helping out with the website side just let me know.

I dunno if you got it already but if you want to grab the filename of the actual file so you're d/ling from apps.open-pandora I use this from the command line
Code:
curl -I "http://apps.open-pandora.org/cgi-bin/dl.pl?firefox366.pnd" 2> /dev/null | grep filename | awk -F "=" '{print $2}'
PHP has a curl extension and instead of awking it out you can always use regular old string parsing functions so you can keep it all in the php.

I've got some free time this weekend because a job canceled some hours on me. Keep me posted if you want anything.

Have you thought about checking for valid XML and parsing properand just basic parsing improper xml and putting a mark on the webpage created?

Last edited by a moderator:
I already validate the XML and display the errors :) over the weekend I'm generally busy rl but should be free on Sunday.

Its ab old link not to be accessed directly anymore I should remove all the old links from this thread really lol I can pm you some links later if u like.

Where do I upload apps in that interface ?
I cant find the upload buttons. Oh and current "#1 Latest Apps/Updates" is definatly broken and break back from working.
I'm liking where this thing is going.

Is not broken :p that happened when I was testing the new validation script I need to delete the entry from the db is all.

In regards to upload I haven't implamented this into the main site but u can still access it @ op.liqidfists.com

UPDATE:

• add more buttons to bottom of "top lists".
  • added ability to sort results by name/latest/top rated/most dl.
  • added ability to choose how many apps per page that you want to show.
  • added google style pagnation.
  • stopped category cloud from being random.
  • now displays category/subcategory instead of just subcategory.
  • displays app version number in top lists.
  • some css style changes.
  • added auto focus to username box on login / register form and email box on forgot form (javscript users only).
  • removed "said" from comments next to username.

loads more to come ;)

Ivanovic just sent me a link to your repo.

Awesome work :D
I can see this becoming a very useful repo, replacement of my File Archive at one time maybe? :D

wow thanks for the encuraging comment, Im happy with my progress so far and I want it to be easy to use for both devs and users alike (plus it has the added bonus of being the first repo which uses and confirms 100% to the repository spec).

maybe one day it will replace file archive... who knows :p

milkshake said:
UPDATE:

• added ability to sort results by name/latest/top rated/most dl.
I miss a better indication of the selected sorting method, you don't see which method is used at the moment. ^^
I'm also still missing the Screenshots. ;) More detailed descriptions for each app couldn't hurt, I guess the Authors have to do this in their PNDs.
The space between some elements semmes to be not optimum yet (much empty areas, wide regions here, chopped Links/text here...), I still think it wouldn't fit onto the Pandora Screen. But overall it looks OK. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
can you give me a link? cos the url for website attibute for pandora panic seems fine.

ah you are correct i will make it bigger :)

Hey milkshape, good work. The JSON php sounds very interesting, but can you post short instructions how to use it. For example, get all apps of this categorie or get all informations about this application. I would like to implement online acces in my C++ PND managing application.
I don't know if it's already in planning, but can you add a function to extend the given informations about applications like in a wiki. Because the informations in the PXML files are often very short.
Thott

Back