[Poll] Case Colour Clarification

Your First Choice in Colour

• Total voters

The current casing as shown on gamescon has a nice NES feel to it (see video). Not sure if that colour combination is trademarked or protected in any other way.

I'm still a proponent for black, but I'm warming up to colour combinations. Do we have any way to get some renders of the popular combinations? I'm having a hard time visualizing it.

Now you see, that 'light grey' shown in the pic I actually don't mind too much. It was the light grey in ED's video render I thought was so awfull.

But this grey has a texture to it. It also looks slightly metallic, so actually a dull silver.

I like how all three polls have more people voting for 'I chose single colour' than people who actually did choose single colour in the question beforehand :D
Either they change their minds or didn't see the reason to click both. Lol

*blinks*  that leads me to wonder why, and how much the results can be trusted...

-Neelix
I doubt it would change much with another poll. Ready to move down to the final 3 to 4 colors? Lol

I've always been partial to the two tone, red/black DS Lite color scheme

18rb8khd6dvbfjpg.jpg
2081183252_349a282c8d.jpg
129508-13.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe swap black with red, so that leds would look better.

It's an interesting combination of textures too - with a glossy lid, but matte everywhere else.  Not sure how well it would work on a larger device like the Pyra, but it's curious either way.

At times I import and sell DS lites locally.  At the moment for example I have 32 of them sitting on my desk in a range of colors.   IMO - The best looking of the lot are the red/black (it's a deep metallic red) as pictured above followed by the  cobalt/black.   If you put a  red/black DS Lite next to an all black one , the black one just looks plain boring in comparison.  But that's just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
At times I import and sell DS lites locally.  At the moment for example I have 32 of them sitting on my desk.   IMO - The best looking of the lot are the red/black as pictured above or the cobalt/black.   If you put a  red/black DS Lite next to an all black one , the black one just looks plain boring in comparison.  But that's just my opinion.
That might be true,  but I wouldn't want a device that colour... (or glossy for that matter if I could help it)

... though of course that's entirely a matter of personal preference.

Out of interest, was that finish actually applied by Nintendo, or was it added by a third party then resold?

-Neelix

Now you see, that 'light grey' shown in the pic I actually don't mind too much. It was the light grey in ED's video render I thought was so awfull.

But this grey has a texture to it. It also looks slightly metallic, so actually a dull silver.
I really think texture would be a good thing.  I want texture more than matte.

*blinks*  that leads me to wonder why, and how much the results can be trusted...

-Neelix
Mine are rather rather useless.  The only thing you should accept from my voting is the main color, and, if needed, a secondary to go with that.  Each time I picked the same answers for questions 2, 5, and 8.Those were everything but glossy or camo.

I don't think, that I understand this poll.

Do I see this right, that there are not three (as is the wording), but six choices in this poll from which every second one is either single or dual-colored? oO

my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg

I don't think, that I understand this poll.

Do I see this right, that there are not three (as is the wording), but six choices in this poll from which every second one is either single or dual-colored? oO
Many camo patterns have more than 2 colors, so that would probably require more.  Otherwise, it is sort of what you say, with every second color choice as a minor color for detailing or two-tone.  6 color choices in 3 sets of questions, but the second one in each set only matters if most voters pick something in that set that requires a second color.

matte black and gloss black digital camo.
I bet this would be very expensive so it's actualy very likely that the Pandora only comes in single colour. I also prefer a non-painted version where the plastic itself gives the colour. The Pandora didn't went well with the additional paint. And such a "cameo" pattern is for sure painted.

I like how all three polls have more people voting for 'I chose single colour' than people who actually did choose single colour in the question beforehand :D
I just looked at the results and this is not true.  You can, for some reason, pick as many as you want for the second question in each set.  let's look, using the highest single color option for each set:

Set 1: 57 for matte; 41 for "I Chose Single Color"

Set 2: 50 for matte; 47 for "I Chose Single Color"

Set 1: 49 for matte; 40 for "I Chose Single Color"

Less voted for "I Chose Single Color" than matte in each set.  The closest is 50 to 47, but still less.  

Due to the option to vote for multiple choices for the second question in each set the percentages get messed up, so the bars look wrong.

I think I want matte everything, but if there is gloss only on the lid, I would be fine with that too.

Back