Release PPSSPP, Emulator for PSP

Ok confirmed,work on 1GHZ Pandora with latest SGX Drivers 4.08.02 or nearly Number.

No significant Speed improvement in2D Game Tales of Eternia but highly highly

Speed Improvement in 3D PSP Games,tested the Game Trailblazer again.

With Frameskip and deactived Buffered Rendering so smoothly with Sound.

It worked so fast,nealy too fast for me :D

But have Errors with Puzzle Bobble,must try other Settings with this Game. ;)

Hey guys, I know this may still be early since the Emulator is probably not "production ready", but why don't you start a compatibility list on the wiki just like we do for DraStic ? 

http://pandorawiki.org/DraStic_Compatibility_List

Don't count on me though, I only have a Rebirth and it seems that PPSSPP will not be of much use on my model. 
That should probably be left to the PPSSPP forum to deal with, since the compatibility is going to be close to identical to the Android version's (on account of the emulator core being the same code). And they have a lot more people to call on, with more powerful hardware..

Also so that the original developers will actually see it. Most important function of a compatibility list is tracking bugs in the hope that they get fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I know this may still be early since the Emulator is probably not "production ready", but why don't you start a compatibility list on the wiki just like we do for DraStic ? 

http://pandorawiki.org/DraStic_Compatibility_List

Don't count on me though, I only have a Rebirth and it seems that PPSSPP will not be of much use on my model. 
That should probably be left to the PPSSPP forum to deal with, since the compatibility is going to be close to identical to the Android version's (on account of the emulator core being the same code). And they have a lot more people to call on, with more powerful hardware..

Also so that the original developers will actually see it. Most important function of a compatibility list is tracking bugs in the hope that they get fixed.
For compatibility reports, I agree with you, however it would be at least useful to report somewhere in the wiki what games are playable on Pandora. 

New release.

Compatibility is incrising. 

Also, I fixed the framelimiter, I removed it in previous build, never though we will need that  :p  .

Build 09

-----------

• In Sync with official v0.7 (check official compatibility thread !)
  • Fixed framelimiter (I messed up that)

its saying 6.9 for me in emulator and its also still littered with coding competition stuff :p

Last edited by a moderator:
My TV Out Cables are in the Mail,but i download and Test this Version now ^_^

I wait for a Fix that i can play Mana Khemia on Pandora ;)

Videos comes next Days -_-

its saying 6.9 for me in emulator and its also still littered with coding competition stuff :p
Oh? Maybe some version strings are not up-to-date somewhere, but I assure you the source code is the latest (less than 30min old) from git.

Nice to see so much improvement and work here.

Do you (ptitSeb and everyone) this Emulator will be able to play at least some PSP games enjoyable on Pandora?

Trailblazer is very Enjoyable with sound,

Tales of Eternia is very Enjoyable with Sound too,

Mana Khemia: Now comes the Title Screen,but dont work yet,it crash on play the Videos.

Tomb Raider(doesnt work yet)

Puzzle Bobble,with Settings experimenting work it very fine and with Sound.

I will experiment to manipulate the Isos,maybe i find a way for more Games ^_^

New release.

Compatibility is incrising. 

Also, I fixed the framelimiter, I removed it in previous build, never though we will need that  :p  .

Build 09

-----------

• In Sync with official v0.7 (check official compatibility thread !)
  • Fixed framelimiter (I messed up that)
Where can I find it? It doesn't list PPSSPP on recently changed in the repo?

I think I already had that one as I downloaded it this afternoon.

Not much of games I had worked so far.

On my OP 1GHz:

Buzz "de slimste van Nederland" has a strange thing, part of the screen is black on some screens, then it returns to normal. Sound is waaay too soft though (maybe a sound level setting to make it louder?) and it's not quite good yet, it stutters.

Tiny Hawk (not Tony) is playable but sound is not 100%, like Buzz

Ford StreetRacing XR Edition crashes

So far it looks promising, but it lacks speed and sound is not ok.

Screen 90% black:

IMG_0088.JPG

Screen back to normal:

IMG_0089.JPG

Looks like a misinterpreted displaylist (I think there are polygones, all filled in black?). Did you try Buffered and not Buffered? Same result?

It's all black there but part of what should be there is still there. Didn't try the buffered option yet, I'll try soon.

Turning off buffered rendering did the trick. Sound issues are still there

With buffered rendering off:

Buzz Brain Twister: sound is messed up, sounds like noise

Ford Street Racing XR Edition: loading takes ages, even between menus. No sound. Crashes when you make a new profile (whole system crashes, need to reset OP, can't recover by pressing pandora button)

That's what I tried today ;)

New build on the repo.

I fixed analog control, so no more stuck on down/left. You can still disable analog nubs if you want.

Build 10

------------

• In Sync with git sources
  • Fixed analog controls
  • Added option to disable nubs (create a dummy files named "no_analog" inside appdate/PPSSPP/home/ folder)

Back