Psus Have Landed

Just to check, these are both photos of the PSUs? As in boxed and unboxed?

Nova said:
Just to check, these are both photos of the PSUs? As in boxed and unboxed?
That's what I reckon. You can see Pandora PSUs in pencil clearly on the side of one of the boxes.
The other pic is an unboxed/bagged one.

It begins! i.e. The first part of the Pandora puzzle has landed in the North of England. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dead1nside said:
Does that plastic bag in the background of one of the pictures say "Whisky Shop"? :)
not yet. The slush fund has not been set-up yet. :)

I'm now off to double check the picture.

Edit... Oh shit it does. Craig's poor kidneys. Everyone! Check your paypal balances!

Crap. For some reason, the thought of needing a power converter never crossed my mind.

Edit: I'm hoping the box marked "US" means I don't have to worry about it.

Hmm.. Converter.. Will any of these PSU's have AUS power plugs native or will we need to use a damn connector? (I don't like having connectors)
Australia_electricity_power_plug_and_socket-2.jpg
PowerPlug1.jpg

Edit: @Craig: If unit's are all EUR/US connectors, will you be including the adapters?

Attachments

• Australia_electricity_power_plug_and_socket-2.jpg
    Australia_electricity_power_plug_and_socket-2.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 83
  • PowerPlug1.jpg
    PowerPlug1.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 87
They said it's modular like all laptop and PS2 adapters, so you just plug in the right AC cable and it will work with any voltage from 100 to 220.
AUS, I don't know.

As I said in the other thread, I think those other boxed are the wall-to-psu cables. So presumably the one with UK on it has the plug for there, and the one with USA has our North American plugs. We do know it is a switching power suply, and the wall-to-psu is a standard cable with a type-8 connector such as:

uk20figure20820power20c.jpg

So if I'm right about the boxes, the one marked USA would have these:
figure20of20820to20220pk.jpg

I thought that as well after seeing the images.
Power switching is good to know, too!

Am I correct in thinking that ALL the parts for the 4000 pandoras will be in the UK by the 22nd? I know there's only gonna be 1000 boards but the other 3000 will follow within the following 4 weeks. Is that right craig?

puppydee said:
It'll just come with the standard UK plug I think but I could be wrong :)

Given the percentage of people not using the UK style plug, and that I'm sure all plugs cost the same, I can't see why they would go that way.

Even if they ship with UK plugs it's, what, 3 bucks for a converter plug? 2 for an extra power plug to connect to the power adapter. Or of you have a PSP just use that adapter.

ugh I hate those crappy plugs with only 2 prongs, they look so flimsy and like they'd snap if you knocked them the wrong way. UK plugs for the win.

Paradox said:
ugh I hate those crappy plugs with only 2 prongs, they look so flimsy and like they'd snap if you knocked them the wrong way. UK plugs for the win.

Been using U.S. plugs my whole life - never had this problem. :p

im in the us and i have abused the hell out of our standard and never had an issue, every prong i own is bent to shit and either doesnt want to go in or doesnt want to stay in but once you get em there they work very well

Back