Re: New Dedicated Pandora Forums

Wolfsclaw said:
Then we'd be stuck.
The only people who are stuck are the people who want to follow both forums. Here there is a massive amount of off topic stuff, and a not particularly constructive attitude. If the community here is dependent on the Pandora, it wasn't very concerned before - and in that case has maybe run its course.

Don't complain on the OP boards about Craig locking or ignoring your posts -that is his forum, his rules. Here, it seems there are no rules any more.

Last edited by a moderator:
tsh said:
Wolfsclaw said:
Then we'd be stuck.
The only people who are stuck are the people who want to follow both forums. Here there is a massive amount of off topic stuff, and a not particularly constructive attitude. If the community here is dependent on the Pandora, it wasn't very concerned before - and in that case has maybe run its course.

Don't complain on the OP boards about Craig locking or ignoring your posts -that is his forum, his rules. Here, it seems there are no rules any more.

I assure you the same rules will apply. And this goes for anyone; It appears that from tomorrow Mali will no longer be moderator.

I promised that I will look after GP32x and I will. As I've said, I will always do my best to keep this a place to enjoy. One thing I will say is that you see trouble a-brewing, please use the report button. That way we can get there soon enough to prevent things happening like the events that led up to this split.

really people? were gonna survive volcanos but we cant get past this nonsense?

Mali's behaviour recently does seem out of character to me, I always had a lot of respect for him. Anyway, I'll continue lurking in both forums :p

I do admit that having two boards is a bit of a PITA (especially since someone stole my username, is someone trying to tell me something?) but not the end of humanity.

I can understand since it is Craig's company that produces products that he would want an official site. After all don't most companies that have products also have forums on their site for customers to post in? Most of them do you know. While it is more fun to bitch and assume something nefarious is at play I don't think it is a big deal.

Besides "the community" has been fractured ever since the Zodiac challenged the GP32 and Yoyofr left. Then GP2X against PSP and Giz, then Wiz against Dingoo, Pandora and Caanoo etc. The GP32 days are over, oh yeah when is "F" day happening?

suggestion: import threads from Pandora sections of GP32X, put them on the other forums. ED has admin access; he oughta be able to do that.

it seems like a better idea than just abandoning all the history and roots the Pandora, etc. have here.

I don't think they really have the right to do that

Originally ED was saying the new forum was just for official support, which is fair enough.
A new community forum is completely unnecessary, and this one seems to be motivated more by Craig's irritation than any real benefits.

There has been anger in this forum in the past, but starting a new forum isn't going to change that.
The correct way to deal with a bad attitude on a forum is better moderation.
Personally I think now we have a few more mods in the "speak softly and carry a banhammer" vein that should be enough to calm people down.

No, we can't simply move all the Pandora threads here to the new boards.

I might be admin here, but not because I'm the big boss but because the big boss (hando) doesn't have much time and we needed at least one user who is able to create new sections and access the admin section in case something goes wrong with the site (technically).

I'm not more than any moderator here for these boards, and all decisions we ever made have been discussed in the mod area.

This is handos site, and moving over the posts would be stealing them.

On the official webpage, I will link to both sites. The new one being an official one, gp32x.de being a community one.
I guess that's the best thing we can do.

This should at least stop the bickering - a lot of bickering started because the users here didn't like craig or posts from craig... now he's gone, this should settle down. Bitchings of Pandora users in the WIZ / Caanoo - Section and vice versa is also most likely not gonna happen anymore - as most of the Pandora-only users will probably move to the official boards.

I think both places can live together happily. As said, I will support both and we will start on working on our moderation here - so that these boards will become a fine place they have been before.

It's become a huge place here... and the bigger a site is, the more likely there will be bitching. So having two sites might help here.

As said - I have no idea. These are just my thoughts. Nobody will have an idea, as this is something only time can tell.

There are users on the new boards who said they are happy this happened (and who didn't post because of the bitching for months), and there are users that don't like that happens.

You can never please all of them. But the ones that don't feel at home here have now another place to go to - and the other way round.

@DaveC: I'm sure we could get your nick back ;)

Last edited:
atomicthumbs said:
If anything's gonna kill the Pandora, it's the drama.

Nah - if anything is going to kill the Pandora it's spending more time on a forum than you do manufacturing Pandoras.

john

Can all the people who can program get back to developing Pandora software rather than nattering away pointlesly here. Those who can't program stop chatting and get learning.

Not sure at this point about splitting the community, but until I receive my Pandora I'm still scouring forums/twitter/alecmoo/pandorapress far too often looking for the latest news.

Which I spose now means looking in another place for official Craig info.....

TitanUranus said:
Can all the people who can program get back to developing Pandora software rather than nattering away pointlesly here. Those who can't program stop chatting and get learning.
Who are you to tell me I can't procrastinate endlessly? <_<

Eniko said:
TitanUranus said:
Who are you to tell me I can't procrastinate endlessly? <_<
I feel obliged to point out that there can be no such thing as endless procrastination. Procrastination is putting something off, and if you indeed put it off endlessly, that would qualify as "not actually doing it ever" as opposed to meerly "putting it off". I know that's pedantic, which is in keeping with my character.

I'm reminded of my friend asking how I was doing with my dissertation as there were only 2 weeks left before the deadline, I told him "I'll start procrastinating tomorrow.".

milkshake said:
I really hope mali doesnt step down as mod he the man :)
Too late, he is already a standard lowlife member like all of us :p
Too bad that it is also too late for Craig to care anyway, but perhaps he will reconsider softening his position on splitting that hard the community.

Back