Re: New Dedicated Pandora Forums

Serenity

Hi!

Why is the original thread locked?

btw: What do you think about the new board? Is it a good decision of craigx exclusiv for the pandora? Or do you think, the community will be split in two different groups?
Are you registered there? Will you (like craigx) leave the gp32x board?

Well I cannot speak for others, but since I don't own any handheld other than a pandora, an exclusive forum is more suitable for me.

There is an ongoing discussion among the "big boys" (no offense intended) about whether it is a good idea or not here, in case you are interested.

I had a lengthier post but decided it wasn't the place or the how to say it, so I'll keep it to myself.
In short, I'll stay here. A support forum is interesting for people that want just that and nothing more. However, duplicating this forum, not so much.
The decision was done in a rage rush and I don't approve it.

(why can't we get along like the dingoo forum? :'( )

Last edited by a moderator:
I stated my view in the old thread...... however based on the pinned, locked, info post by Mali, and inclusion of a quote by Craigx -

to wit - craigix, on 26 August 2010 - 03:42 PM, said:
This forum is my livelihood

Perhaps the ability to change the IS to WAS when referring to this forum has altered my opinion about the new, official forum..... the subtle innuendo's are a bit ridiculous, and frankly not subtle at all.

The boards here got messy and nasty at times.. nothing earth shattering, but perhaps the moderation of these forums has changed in a way that could impact sales of the pandora negatively. Users anger and frustration about delays, issues and such are one thing, but moderation of that communication with some negative bias based that can skew users perceptions about the Pandora and issues with it are a different thing entirely.

I will visit both forums, but it's too bad that the drama reigned over pragmatism and IMHO forced this decision.

I'd like to see all the dev forums here in one place as some developers code for more than one of the systems.

I'll be spending most of my time over there personally as I don't tend to code much and haven't left the Pandora forum to use the rest of GP32X in quite a while.

I'm happily waiting for the reunion sometime in the future :p I have no problem with a separate Pandora forum. We had it back then and it worked. I guess my name was Gerd or something if I remember correctly.

What benefit to change board ?

If we have to open both when we're looking for interesting post.

Or, all pandora section must be read only. But not deleted there is too many very interesting think in it !

Well, I'll stay on both boards and support them.

I hope the official ones will be most likely for official news and support whereas these here stay what they are: Unofficial Community Fanboards :)

Is it only me or is openpandora.org terribly slow?? I got my pandora back and i am trying to download the codecpack and hotfix 3 and its stuck at 4kb/s and I cant even get to the new boards :( ( ah they are picking up speed as we speak! )

BTW my new pandora is great :) will do a review sometime soon

I doubt it will split the community; I think the community stays _here_; this is its home base.

The new boards are the official Pandora forum, and iControlPad forum; its not a community forum per se, its a support place, official news outlet, etc. Theres some overlap (unfortuantely), but most of the real action will still be here. Its going to be hard to monitor all these places :(

jeff

skeezix said:
I doubt it will split the community; I think the community stays _here_; this is its home base.

The new boards are the official Pandora forum, and iControlPad forum; its not a community forum per se, its a support place, official news outlet, etc. Theres some overlap (unfortuantely), but most of the real action will still be here. Its going to be hard to monitor all these places :(

jeff
I hope so, but I'm concerned that Craig just set it up because he feels like he deserves to be treated differently from anyone else due to his status in OPT. I'm not making this up; it's his goal to destroy this place (or so it seems):

Craigix said:
Yeah, the old forum is redundant. Enjoy being a moron on it when it's empty.

You're not welcome here, so stop posting and go away.

I don't think this is a good basis for community-building.

Tom` said:
Craigix said:
Yeah, the old forum is redundant. Enjoy being a moron on it when it's empty.

You're not welcome here, so stop posting and go away.

I don't think this is a good basis for community-building.
You might want to put this in the correct context.
That was aimed at Mali after he seemingly joined the other forum just to rattle Craigs cage and cause trouble.

Not taking sides here.

I will continue posting my Anki updates here as well as the new forums until a "clear winner" can be established (For example, openhandhelds never took enough people away from the Pandora forums here to "win").

Tripmonkey_uk said:
That was aimed at Mali after he seemingly joined the other forum just to rattle Craigs cage and cause trouble.

craigx statement:
Much went on behind the scenes before this split was created. A stalemate had been reached, my own posts were being deleted or edited, and the adding of that sig to my post was the final straw. Some mods might have found it funny but this is our livelihood.

Malis sig is also childish....

Tripmonkey_uk said:
Yes - I'm not trying to say "Craig is a jerk;" I'm not criticizing him for responding negatively to Mali's (fairly mild) trolling. I think, though, that that quote constitutes evidence that Craig's intention is to compete directly with these boards.

Craigix said:
Much went on behind the scenes before this split was created. A stalemate had been reached, my own posts were being deleted or edited, and the adding of that sig to my post was the final straw. Some mods might have found it funny but this is our livelihood.
I think this reinforces my point - I don't know exactly what he's talking about as I did not see his sig, but my experience is that the moderation team here is fair, and so I can only conclude, based on Craig's behavior in the past and his reactions here, that he was out of line in this case, and was moderated in accordance with the stated rules of this community.

Given that this is the case, I think my concern over a moderation team headed by Craig is justified. I would also like to see a coherent moderation policy - a consistently enforced set of rules is integral to any effective moderation strategy.

Tripmonkey_uk said:
It was a test and he just failed badly ;)

I was just going to suggest he stops his own forum idea and I'm just demodded and go away. No chance in his Nazi board so far. Think about what you do my friends. Im offering my head for his return and you can trust in my words.

mali said:
Tripmonkey_uk said:
It was a test and he just failed badly ;)

I was just going to suggest he stops his own forum idea and I'm just demodded and go away. No chance in his Nazi board so far. Think about what you do my friends. Im offering my head for his return and you can trust in my words.

I think, he doesn't like you, because you are unfair and the community here are more interested in a war with craigx than with the pandora. Now I know and are really happy, that he wants to leave gp32x.

Back