Reordering Update

Frogboy said:
craiginator.jpg

How many of you would change their minds on the bank transfer in order to be able to land one of the very few, collectable, special edition Pandoras?
I love the idea! Whether 'craiginator' or sth. else really doesn't matter for me. The point is in collectable, special edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
TheGrandPubaa said:
...I just have no idea how to go about doing an international bank transfer. I've never dealt with that before...
You need a IBAN code.

International Bank Account Number - IBAN
It has been aligned with the European Standard EBS 204 which was implemented in some 40 countries including all the SEPA countries.

iban_number.jpg

If you are in EU, you need a IBAN code to do a bank transfer from country to country. Every bank account in the EU now has a IBAN Code. In a year of 2, bank transfers ( even internally in the country itself ) will only work with the IBAN code.

Problem is, not all banks allow international transfer ( receiving money, yes, sending money internationally depends from bank to bank ).

For a part its understandable that banks are less then sure about massive CC transfers these days. But, one thing i do not understand. I don't know if any have seen the tv doc "How to rob a bank". Deals with student loans and how they hand out money without any checks to students ( documentary was very recent, and all the banks handed out money like nothing ). So why are they so troubled with a lot of CC orders that actually bring in money?

The only solution for the other 2800 is to use paypal ( 20 days max before shipping ), CC ( 30 days max before shipping ), International Bank transfers, Cash ( very risky! ).

In theory you can accept a lot off the CC orders using Paypal ( as paypal itself acts like a bank ).

Another solution is: Fuck the UK banks. Get a internet accessible bank in a other country ( Belgium, Netherlands, France, ... ). There is no law stating that you need to use a UK bank as a UK citizen.

Hi Craig or Chip

I was just wondering how I would go about doing a bank transfer.

I have no problem doing so to help, many on my family are accountants and none of us can come up with why the bank is being such a pain.

But I need some more info on whom, where, the account number and a time etc...

Thanks,
Devin

dev45 said:
Hi Craig or Chip

I was just wondering how I would go about doing a bank transfer.

I have no problem doing so to help, many on my family are accountants and none of us can come up with why the bank is being such a pain.

But I need some more info on whom, where, the account number and a time etc...

Thanks,
Devin
Devin,
Did you get an email about the refund/reorder?
The banking info is in the email.

Saw this too late ..

Did anyone mention esellerate and other backends? They all charge a %age, but you might be able to cut a deal with them or something. *Shrug*

Bad spot :/

jeff

(I didn't get a reorder email yet so it may yet come, or I'm a lucky one. woowoo :p)

I'll put together a post about making a bank transfer. Don't bother going via your own bank - it will be a lot cheaper using a bank which only does transfers - often a very small fee.

We will work on a number of other solutions too, eventually if people don't (or can't) reorder for whatever reason we will send out emails to the next batch of customers on the mailing list. But we will bend over backwards to try to help you first.

Having been selling online since 1996(!) I've never seen a situation like this before, and it does seem that the whole credit industry is falling apart - but we will get though it.

hey

Nice to know we won't have to worry about the details of the international bank transfer :).

Hmm, when I once done an international bank trasfer for a friend I had to phone my bank (Commonwealth Bank of Australia) and change my transfer limit or something to enable me todo an international transfer. But yea, I guess we won't have to worry about all of this.

cyas

Alrighty, I'll try and arrange for my mom to take me to US Bank tomorrow, as they have cheap international transfers.

Moneygram International will work, right?

I can do this, but I just need to see my refund first, which still isn't there yet.

Once it is I'm willing to use another service, provided the fee isn't totally unreasonable for the international transfer bit.

Ran across this site while searching about bank transfers...

https://www.xoom.com

Wire Money to the United Kingdom

Wire money online to any British Pound Sterling bank account in the United Kingdom.
The money is conveniently wired directly into your recipient's bank account.

Basically fund the transfer with Paypal/CC/Bank account and they send it to the bank specified. $5 fee if using a Bank account, ~$16 if using CC/Paypal.

Anyone used them before? Thoughts?

All right, now this really sucks.

I never complained or posted anything like "I want my toy" before xmas,
how/why/when, etc...
I just said NOTHING for 2 months and waited...
Even with all the bad news.

BUT,
If I don't make bank transfert (which cost me roughly +40$), then I will have to take a loss of roughly 100$ on my first order if I cancel ! (my money back is roughly 30% less than what I paid for the order)

Because... I live in Japan. And Yen have just increased a lot when USD, EUR collapsed.

I am fine with production delay even if there is not regular update
(well, you still took the money, I think you owe people AT LEAST INFORMATIONS),
I am fine with any kind of shit like not delivered yet, but when it comes to money...

Give me a break. Is it a scam or what ? Do you realize how bad it looks ?
How can a bank REFUSE to GET money ? They are in a crisis !!!
All they want IS money.

If a company would act like that, I would be ready to sue them.
May be some kids will follow you blindly each time you say something,
but I have lived long enough to have my doubt about things.

I understand that you are doing that on your free time, same as us we are doing when we work on opensource project, we spend endless hours for getting not much in reward,
it is not for the money, may be not for the glory. But most likely for the fun.

But, pal, if you take money, you have to realize the responsibilities which are coming with that.
People TRUST you. Do you realize what it means ?

Honnestly from now on, you should post A LOT OF picture (like factories, board, screen, plastic case prototype, download section with the PCB design files, CAD file for the plastic case, etc...), detailed things of whats going on with production process and schedule (yeah you know these little graphs called gant-charts) and any other issue if you ask for people to spend more/again.

Spend 20 mn writing a regular report each day on a blog is at least what the team owe to people
after getting such mess. That is the only way you will convince me and get back my trust.

Just my 2 cents.

laxer3a said:
If I don't make bank transfert (which cost me roughly +40$),
If you do make a bank transfer, Open Pandora Ltd. will eat your bank transfer cost.
Did you read Craigx's post at the start of this topic? It will cost you NOTHING to do the transfer.

laxer3a: thing is, if they do what you say the Pandora will take longer to be released. Also, not everyone has to pay with bank stransfers.

craigix said:
I'll put together a post about making a bank transfer. Don't bother going via your own bank - it will be a lot cheaper using a bank which only does transfers - often a very small fee.
Sounds good. I was getting ready to look into doing it through my bank (they whack me AUD$20 and it also says the bank at the other end may whack the recipient an amount too, which comes directly out of the amount transferred), but if you've got some other solutions on how to do it/who to use then I'll wait to see what you've got to say.

GunPei2X said:
Xoom are backed by Sequoia Capital (among others), who are very legit (they invested in the original IPOs for Apple, EA, Youtube).

Sounds like an excellent option!

It looks like xoom are US based though, since you have to enter the amount to send in US dollars.

Thias means if you are not in the US then you have to work out your currency to US dollars first, which then gets converted to UK pounds, meaning that anyone not based in the US is REALLY going to lose out money-wise.

So if you're in the US, go right ahead, but for the rest of us, xoom is simply not an option.

So... I am guessing those of us who wish to reorder without a direct bank transfer should wait? :D

hey

laxer3a: I find it a little confusing also.

Although I'm still quite convinced that it's all for real, we have seen prototypes and devboards sent out to devs and whatever else.

I mean, I think the Bank either see it as a risk, such that they think there is some kind of possibility that they will be left to refund everyone out of their own pocket, or they have some kind of problem if they know large amounts are gonna being going out to pay for manufacturing of future batches or whatever (from what I understand, most costs of the first batch are not covered by the funds gained from this batch, but rather out of the pocket of cragix and/or whatever other investors, but I dunno).

Hmm, maybe transfers by credit cards can't be touched by the bank for a certain period, and/or they lose out in some other way, again I have no idea.

edit
I will seriously applaud cragix and such if, or rather when, they get through all this :). I think there have been so many challenges, but I think if ya keep at it then it will all come together and be okay.

cyas

craig mentioned that most of the sales in the future would be handled by resellers.

So, couldn't we get a bunch of US people together, and incorporate a business for the purpose of establishing a "reseller"? The corporation would take US credit card orders as a resale, and then buy the Pandoras in bulk for it's customers.

Maybe it's the programmer in me talking, but a layer of abstraction here might not be bad, with craig and co being the manufacturers and splitting up the sales department out?

Again, I say:

For crying out loud, put out official information by email, and to the blog (which needs a fucking RSS feed!). By all means, point the recipients to a thread here so they can discuss it.

Fix the goddamn signal to noise ratio. The only way anyone can actually know what's going on with their attempt to purchase a not trivially cheap device is to slavishly monitor every damn posting on these boards every day. The official information needs to be clearly and simply separated from the chaff here.

Please?

Back