Run And Lock As Usaul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
WizardStan said:
Dunny said:
Ha. Dinner (or lunch, if you're posh) is at 12 o'clock. Breakfast is at 8am. Tea is at 6pm. One may take tea at any time, however. You are right about breakfast tea.
Dinner (also called supper) is at 6pm. Lunch is at noon. Tea is whenever the heck I feel like drinking it :p

No, Dinner is at 12 o'clock midday. Supper is the small snack-ish meal you eat before bed. I suspect it's like the "milk & cookies" all the fat kids were forced to eat in america.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Terms do differ from one house to another...
Breakfast, elevenses, Dinner (larger cooked meal) or Lunch (sandwich or beans on toast etc), afternoon tea*, Tea, Supper(evening snack).

A late breakfast is an early lunch = Brunch. This team is a US import. The meal normally involves bacon.

Oi! Thumbs. Stop smoking that stuff!

* this does not happen. Just trying to sound posh.

mali said:
Thanks, dcgm :rolleyes:
Edit: 21 years? I wouldn't have thought it.
I'm sorry, I have final exams tomorrow and thus I didn't have time to come up with a witty reply like everyone else in this thread. Next time I'll be sure to make my reply more clever so that you don't make a snide comment about my age.

I'm sure calling me retarded isn't trolling.

I knew exactly what I was doing when I replied. As I was pounding out those keys, I thought, "man, I sure do hate whiny little bitches".

I'm sure that based on the sheer number of people whining and bitching lately, Chip doesn't really care about my post. At least not as much as you do!

Dunny said:
craigix said:
Chip said:
Dunny said:
Xian Long said:
...what kind of tea
Lamb chops, mashed potato, sprouts, carrots and gravy.
I always forget that in England, "tea" refers to a meal, not a beverage.

Not in my house. Dinner!

Tea refers to many teas, my favorite is Breakfast Tea. Which I have any time of the day. A lot of people think normal British tea is breakfast tea, but there is a delicious difference.

Ha. Dinner (or lunch, if you're posh) is at 12 o'clock. Breakfast is at 8am. Tea is at 6pm. One may take tea at any time, however. You are right about breakfast tea.

D.

Tea time 6pm FTW. Go Northerners!

Aussies have Lunch and Dinner, its taking me ages to get my head round that....

daclassicgamingmaster said:
I'm sorry, I have final exams tomorrow and thus I didn't have time to come up with a witty reply like everyone else in this thread. Next time I'll be sure to make my reply more clever so that you don't make a snide comment about my age.
Classic case of not engaging brain before engaging Add Reply button :D

What I find amazing is that not only does Gerald assume that others care what he thinks, he expects people to care. Especially when what he thinks isn't particularly insightful or in anyway meaningful to anyone but himself. I can only surmise that he is a child, one who's parents coddle him... who tell him what a bright and uniqe snow flake he is. That or semi-retarded. Either way, his sense of self importance is hilarious. I can only imagine what he would do once he has to get a job and gets fired for being an asshat... everything else aside, he is clearly on the lower level of the bell curve, when it comes to IQ. His clumsy knee-jerk reactions to criticism and lack of ability to express himself or understand humor clearly indicates an unfortunate lack of intellect or critical thinking. His erroneous belief that he is somehow important (here and in general) only supportes the above assessment.

BackAssward said:
What I find amazing is that not only does Gerald assume that others care what he thinks, he expects people to care. Especially when what he thinks isn't particularly insightful or in anyway meaningful to anyone but himself. I can only surmise that he is a child, one who's parents coddle him... who tell him what a bright and uniqe snow flake he is. That or semi-retarded. Either way, his sense of self importance is hilarious. I can only imagine what he would do once he has to get a job and gets fired for being an asshat... everything else aside, he is clearly on the lower level of the bell curve, when it comes to IQ. His clumsy knee-jerk reactions to criticism and lack of ability to express himself or understand humor clearly indicates an unfortunate lack of intellect or critical thinking. His erroneous belief that he is somehow important (here and in general) only supportes the above assessment.
Dude, stop dragging this thread off topic. We were discussing meal times and their names. Try to keep up, please. :)

If I do an all-nighter, and I've been eating on and off through the night, what should I call breakfast? Morning dinner? Fifthmeal?

Off-topic, what was Gerald's point? I think I already asked, but I don't remember getting an answer, and I can't be arsed to find his old threads. All I see know is "There's a conspiracy to defend the Pandora, and you guys are excluding me because I'm not the popular kid" and it lacks context.

wrong thread graig

edit:
lulzfish said:
Off-topic, what was Gerald's point? I think I already asked, but I don't remember getting an answer, and I can't be arsed to find his old threads. All I see know is "There's a conspiracy to defend the Pandora, and you guys are excluding me because I'm not the popular kid" and it lacks context.
was thinking this too but no longer cared

lulzfish said:
If I do an all-nighter, and I've been eating on and off through the night, what should I call breakfast? Morning dinner? Fifthmeal?
Hobbits would probably call that First Breakfast :)

WarmFluffyUK said:
lulzfish said:
Hobbits would probably call that First Breakfast :)
Second breakfast never made sense to me. The etymology of the word is that it "breaks" your nightly "fast" (ie, an extended period of time that you don't eat, ie, when you sleep).
Once you've broken your nightly "fast" once, how can you do so again? Once you've broken a window, you can break it more, but you can't say that you are breaking it again. Perhaps a better term would be a word built more along the lines of "more broken fast", something like mobreakfast. Yes, I believe I will call it that from now on.

I'll just say that we have breakfast at ~7:00, lunch around midday and dinner around 18:00-19:00.

Though I have a decades old book that describes to us how it should be:
First breakfast at 7:30: Tea, milk, bread, cheese, eggs, cereal and cookies but different.
Second breakfast at 12:00: Coffee, milk or chocolate milk, cheese, fish or meat, bread and fruit.
Midday meal at 17:00 or 18:00: Really? "Midday"? What kind of days did you have back then! Anyway, soup, meat, vegetables, potatoes, dessert.
Tea at 19:00: Tea.
Evening meal at 22:30: Milk or coffee, bread, cheese or meat.

Mind, this book is OLD, a vacuum cleaner is something the author (is there a feminine word for that?) highly recommends purchasing. "In every shape and form, from 10 dollars to 200!"

WarmFluffyUK said:
daclassicgamingmaster said:
Classic case of not engaging brain before engaging Add Reply button :D
No, I engaged my brain. I still stand by that response. Whiny bitches need to get the hell away from the internet (and society).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back